BBC NI Bias?

Started by Applesisapples, August 20, 2019, 12:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: markl121 on August 27, 2019, 01:05:38 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on August 27, 2019, 10:40:47 AM
Even done a piece on Pedo Mountbatten today, have they no shame.

Rte running a piece on him too
https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0827/1071109-mountbatten-and-narrow-water-soldiers-deaths-remembered/

They'll be lapping that up in the demilitrised shires of the free state

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 23, 2019, 01:02:08 PM
Like someone listening to an interview where a couple of farmers were interviewed and some else listening to the same interview and hearing 90% of NI farmers interviewed.

The NI farmers have a great choir don't ye know.

Hundreds of voices singing as one in perfect unison - you'd never realise unless ye seen them live.

"Hit the diff and pray that she goes all the way"...
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: BennyCake on August 26, 2019, 05:50:11 PM
Quote from: GJL on August 26, 2019, 11:58:37 AM
Bryson tweeted a video of Billy Wright on Friday night glorifying him. One of the worst sectarian murderers of the troubles. Yet there is hardly a day he is not on BBC radio. Nolan needs to wise up.

Nolan needs taking off the air. It's a platform for bigoted wingnuts from both sides to spew their vile sectarian opinions, that serves to add to the everyday hatred in this state.

While Talkback does similar, your man Crawley is a better anchor, and doesn't allow as much crap to happen as Nolan.

Nolan is a bit of a lightweight these days anyway...  8)
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

Not any more - he's fallen off the wagon...

screenexile

Have you ever heard as much shite over Sean Coyle getting cancelled??

If half of the people complaining had listened more regularly he'd still be in his job!!!

Also it was absolute drivel... no more so than Hugo or Nolan but at least you know people listen to them I can't imagine Coyle's figures being that great!!

markl121

Quote from: screenexile on August 27, 2019, 02:50:21 PM

If half of the people complaining had listened more regularly he'd still be in his job!!!

Also it was absolute drivel... no more so than Hugo or Nolan but at least you know people listen to them I can't imagine Coyle's figures being that great!!

Was never the same on his own. Needed gerry anderson with him

Dougal Maguire

His show had the 3rd highest ratings on Radio Ulster but here don't let the truth step in the way of a good soundbite
Careful now

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 27, 2019, 03:13:58 PM

His show had the 3rd highest ratings on Radio Ulster but here don't let the truth step in the way of a good soundbite

The Shipping Forecast is second & the farm prices slot has the highest amount  of listeners.

quit yo jibbajabba

I wonder what the farmers think on this oul Brexit craic?!
They shouldve done a programme on that...

Ill maybe start a new thread on this...

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2019, 02:49:30 PM

Just gettin a layer on for the winter so he is.
i usse an speelchekor

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2019, 02:49:30 PM

...and into a chip shop?

Main Street

It's not all bleak up north, the Gerry Anderson show from 1994 onwards are being made available as podcasts on the BBC player archive.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p071wzdt/episodes/downloads

and a few more at https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00030kw/episodes/player

Franko

Did you ever listen to his show?

Dougal Maguire

I listened to his show quite regularly in the car. He had a lovely laid back style. It's a disgrace that his show has been axed. A lot of his listeners are older people who listen to him at home, and many of these will feel a sense of loss. On the subject of drivel I've never heard anything as poor as the Ray D'Arcy show. Painful to say the least.
Careful now

BennyCake

There's very few radio stations/shows out there that are listenable.