BBC NI one sided shock!

Started by Applesisapples, January 10, 2013, 10:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

I have followed the flag dispute on BBC NI. Their onesided approach to what constitutes equlaity is astounding. PUL reps are allowed more airtime and to go unchallenged as they pursue a one sided propaganda. Ably assisted by SF who for fear of annoying the DUP are keeping the head down. fair play to Conall McDevitt he has been the only nationalist speaker on the subject who has articulated the nationalist position and challenged PUL views. He has been on once though. Nolan again this morning had Gerry Kelly as a lone voice in a debate that had 3 PUL reps and a number of callers from that community.

glens abu

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 10, 2013, 10:27:45 AM
I have followed the flag dispute on BBC NI. Their onesided approach to what constitutes equlaity is astounding. PUL reps are allowed more airtime and to go unchallenged as they pursue a one sided propaganda. Ably assisted by SF who for fear of annoying the DUP are keeping the head down. fair play to Conall McDevitt he has been the only nationalist speaker on the subject who has articulated the nationalist position and challenged PUL views. He has been on once though. Nolan again this morning had Gerry Kelly as a lone voice in a debate that had 3 PUL reps and a number of callers from that community.

You should phone in and get on the show,I am sure you would be very good and maybe Conall will contact you to join the party.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Thought you said SF were keeping their heads down

Nally Stand

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 10, 2013, 10:33:44 AM

Same thought struck me!  :D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

NAG1

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 10, 2013, 10:34:39 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 10, 2013, 10:33:44 AM

Same thought struck me!  :D

Is it just me or has Gerry Kelly lost interest in the whole thing, few years ago he was sharp as a tack and was all over every debate few tmies I have seen him lately on the TV he has struggled to get his points across and doesnt seem overly bothered.

Maybe just me.

Ulick

Kelly and Maskey haven't been off the radio shows this past six weeks. The only thing I've heard from McDevitt over the same period were some inappropriate comments about Gerry Adams having a prostrate operation in the US.

Ulick

Quote from: NAG1 on January 10, 2013, 10:42:40 AM
Is it just me or has Gerry Kelly lost interest in the whole thing, few years ago he was sharp as a tack and was all over every debate few tmies I have seen him lately on the TV he has struggled to get his points across and doesnt seem overly bothered.

Maybe just me.

I'd say most politicians get fed up saying the same thing over and over again.

Milltown Row2

I thought the BBC have been great on this and making the flag protesters look like eejits. Fair play. Nolan has taken the piss out of most of the callers on his show. The other lad that filled in for him the other day did the same.

I think Kelly is just letting the protesters fall on their own sword on this one. Best method in my view
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nally Stand

Quote from: Ulick on January 10, 2013, 10:43:13 AM
Kelly and Maskey haven't been off the radio shows this past six weeks. The only thing I've heard from McDevitt over the same period were some inappropriate comments about Gerry Adams having a prostrate operation in the US.

+ Jim McVeigh
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Arthur_Friend

Most loyalists I have seen on local or national news just come across as thick as pig shite....I'd let them tear away.

armaghniac

QuoteI'd say most politicians get fed up saying the same thing over and over again.

If only this was true for forum posters...... :P

In general any pro protest speakers I have seen have seen have been quite unable to put a case of any sort. You'd nearly be better to let them have the speaking time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on January 10, 2013, 11:43:44 AM
Most loyalists I have seen on local or national news just come across as thick as pig shite....I'd let them tear away.

Testing Accessibility

Up The Middle

Quote from: ziggysego on January 10, 2013, 01:29:07 PM
Quote from: Arthur_Friend on January 10, 2013, 11:43:44 AM

Says all you need to know about the type of people you are dealing with here.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Denn Forever

They obviously don't have a Hardy to keep their grammar or spelling in check.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Rossfan

Some spelling there alright.
Not to mention that their map shows the 6 Cos as "Ulster" and ignores the fact that only 40% of the people who live there are British.
Also of the approx 750,000 who described themselves as "British" in the census - how many are out hooliganising/protesting??
5,000 in total  or about 0.67%.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM