Author Topic: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - somewhat back on-topic!  (Read 157678 times)

RedHand88

• View Profile
Re: 💩 DUP C*ntwatch - somewhat back on-topic!
« Reply #2010 on: October 12, 2021, 10:28:45 AM »
You'd like to think Nelson McCausland is happy enough. Sure NI is out of E.U. and that's all he cares about.  ;D

I still cannot get over those words.

You think that's bad? At least Nelson has since lost his seat. Jeffrey Donaldson, the current First Minister (and the man portrayed as the moderate option during the DUP's leadership contest), was asked in 2019 if he could live with the predicted 40,000 job loses in the event of his party forcing a no-deal Brexit. His reply: "Of course I could live with it. I lived through the troubles and we lost tend of thousands of jobs during that period".

He's not First minister but the rest of your post is spot on. Shocking really. Everything comes back to "SFIRA"  for them

Snapchap

• View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: October 12, 2021, 10:31:31 AM »
You'd like to think Nelson McCausland is happy enough. Sure NI is out of E.U. and that's all he cares about.  ;D

You think that's bad? At least Nelson has since lost his seat. Jeffrey Donaldson, the current First Minister (and the man portrayed as the moderate option during the DUP's leadership contest), was asked in 2019 if he could live with the predicted 40,000 job loses in the event of his party forcing a no-deal Brexit. His reply: "Of course I could live with it. I lived through the troubles and we lost tend of thousands of jobs during that period".

He's not First minister but the rest of your post is spot on. Shocking really. Everything comes back to "SFIRA"  for them

Of course, apologies, Givan is a bit of a non-entity of a First Minister.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: October 12, 2021, 10:57:00 AM »

Not to mention Sammy Wilson's 'go to the chippy' heckle in Westminster together with a multitude of other Sammy quotes since Brexit. Or Ian Paisley jnr reckoning that the UK would thrive post Brexit and that other EU member states would be so jealous that they would be looking out as well. History will not be kind to them.

Although they will never admit it as it would be political suicide, they must have huge regrets about getting behind the Brexit project with not a second thought.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: October 12, 2021, 11:36:59 AM »
The end of the NI Protocol which they're ultimately pushing for will be economic suicide for this place as we'd be in with the hard brexit that GB has got.

They really don't give a f**k for the wellbeing of this place at all.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: October 12, 2021, 11:40:07 AM »
What's the reality here... is it likely it's going to go? I never used to think so but am getting a bit worried that the DUP's wishes are coming and purely because Boris just wants to stick it up to the EU.

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: October 12, 2021, 11:44:23 AM »
On a lighter note. Farage making a fool of himself again ;D
https://www.indy100.com/politics/nigel-farage-ira-cameo-prank-b1936662

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: October 12, 2021, 11:54:26 AM »
The end of the NI Protocol which they're ultimately pushing for will be economic suicide for this place as we'd be in with the hard brexit that GB has got.

They really don't give a f**k for the wellbeing of this place at all.

Jim Allister said only last week that 'the business community has a lot to answer for' in their support of the protocol. For simply looking after their own interests and doing what they are supposed to do and protect business, the economy and jobs.

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: October 12, 2021, 11:55:00 AM »
What's the reality here... is it likely it's going to go? I never used to think so but am getting a bit worried that the DUP's wishes are coming and purely because Boris just wants to stick it up to the EU.

I would imagine Trade barriers btw GB  & NI will be relaxed and GB companies trading to Europe via shadowy companies set up in NI.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: October 12, 2021, 12:50:56 PM »

If you ever saw the video of some "research" group at the Tory party conference discussing the "incentives" businesses in NI had to redirect their supply chains to the IRL/EU rather than GB and that includes that dangerous hoor Frost, you'd be worried that they don't want NI to be an economic success as that looks bad to the rest of GB..

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: October 12, 2021, 01:02:34 PM »
Of course they don't...

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: October 12, 2021, 08:51:23 PM »
Why is Paul givan still FM was he not to get the road after him and Poots went rogue?

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: October 12, 2021, 09:15:29 PM »
Why is Paul givan still FM was he not to get the road after him and Poots went rogue?

Because the Alex Easton left the DUP and they now have the same number of MLAs as SF, which complicates the election of a new FM.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: October 13, 2021, 07:33:23 AM »
This made me laugh

https://www.ft.com/content/2656945c-8c8b-4919-9f94-85bb25509e2b

Donaldson swats that aside, preferring, with the fluency that won him prizes as a schoolboy debater, to focus on the need to get “solutions to the problems that others have created”.
Lookit

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: October 13, 2021, 09:19:26 AM »
This made me laugh

Donaldson swats that aside, preferring, with the fluency that won him prizes as a schoolboy debater, to focus on the need to get “solutions to the problems that others have created”.

Can't open that

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: October 13, 2021, 11:03:56 AM »
This made me laugh

Can't open that

enter "DUP leader gambles with threat to dissolve Northern Irish executive" into Google Search and it will give it to you.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B