Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Any WordPress/Website gurus onboard?

Ethan Tremblay

I know a small bit Boycey, whats your issue
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Boycey

Been messing with a wordpress website and the content has stopped displaying full width bar the header and footer and I'm fucked if I know what I've changed... even rolling back to s previous version doesn't cure it

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Boycey on October 27, 2021, 05:43:49 PM
Been messing with a wordpress website and the content has stopped displaying full width bar the header and footer and I'm fucked if I know what I've changed... even rolling back to s previous version doesn't cure it
Has the theme or something updated.
What's the url?

Boycey

Thanks to the couple of people who took time to DM me. It's sorted kind of by accident...

Milltown Row2

Anyone experiencing computer problems at the minute? Either internet or Microsoft
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 22, 2022, 01:24:33 PM
Anyone experiencing computer problems at the minute? Either internet or Microsoft

IE is getting pulled.

You might need to change to something else.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on June 22, 2022, 01:26:54 PM

IE is getting pulled.

.ie? 

Our works network having issues, I can't even get the computer to come on without it shutting back down, ah well,  another cuppa tea then
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 22, 2022, 01:31:03 PM

IE is getting pulled.

.ie? 

Our works network having issues, I can't even get the computer to come on without it shutting back down, ah well,  another cuppa tea then

Internet Exploder  (also known in some parts as Internet Explorer)

If its a part of your infrastructure in this day and age, then whoever is over I.T. in work either needs fired or funded depending on whether they've been warning about it.
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 22, 2022, 07:54:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 22, 2022, 01:31:03 PM

IE is getting pulled.

.ie? 

Internet Exploder  (also known in some parts as Internet Explorer)

If its a part of your infrastructure in this day and age, then whoever is over I.T. in work either needs fired or funded depending on whether they've been warning about it.

No it wasn't that, we are a fairly big global company, would have decent IT systems but had a cyber attack a few years ago which knocked us out for 3 weeks, so staff are well trained in being careful on using and internet and opening up dodgy emails and so on..

This was just a black out on our computers for about 2 hours... right across all our network.. thankfully we are up and running, it just shows you how much we rely on such things...

Olly

My browser is being attacked by Bing
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Norf Tyrone

Gents- PC not booting up. I get to this screen and the only option that works is the option to go to firmware settings but not sure what to do after that.

There is no noise from the hard drive which is a worry. Tbh if I got the hard drive on to a caddy and got some files off it I'd be happy enough as it's an old PC.

https://ibb.co/KXqJrDp
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 14, 2022, 12:56:32 PM
Gents- PC not booting up. I get to this screen and the only option that works is the option to go to firmware settings but not sure what to do after that.

There is no noise from the hard drive which is a worry. Tbh if I got the hard drive on to a caddy and got some files off it I'd be happy enough as it's an old PC.

https://ibb.co/KXqJrDp

Bump to see if any of the experts in here can help?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

RedHand88

Do you see a windows logo anywhere in that boot up?
Is windows installed on the hard drive or an SSD attached to the motherboard?
Have you tried doing the recovery?

David McKeown

That's the error for a corruption in the boot sector if I remember correctly.  The easiest thing to do is probably use another computer to download a windows ISO free from Microsoft, put it on a memory stick and rebuild the boot sequence.  If the drive isn't responding though it might be what's dead but id try a bootable usb memory stick first.  You will likely have to set the boot order in the bios too
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner