Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Why do some websites such as Easyjet not like secure VPN (from McAfee)?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AustinPowers

I have a couple of hotmail accounts that I usually only access through the  iPhone

I have got a few messages last  week or two  referring to unusual sign-in activity.

I changed passwords  a week or so ago but  got some more similar messages

I've no idea if these  are genuine or not  or a scam.

Any advice?

Orior

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 27, 2022, 03:00:02 PM
I have a couple of hotmail accounts that I usually only access through the  iPhone

I have got a few messages last  week or two  referring to unusual sign-in activity.

I changed passwords  a week or so ago but  got some more similar messages

I've no idea if these  are genuine or not  or a scam.

Any advice?

Might be worth switching on additional authentication for a fortnight or so.

For example, no logging in unless you approve with a text code from your mobile.

Orior

Is there any way of stopping spammers (aka bastardoes) sending spoof emails with my name on the source (but a different source email addresss).

Norf Tyrone

Not the ideal thread for this but might be best.

Is anyone using a YouTube downloader these days? If so can you PM me a link please?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Main Street

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 18, 2023, 10:04:25 AM
Not the ideal thread for this but might be best.

Is anyone using a YouTube downloader these days? If so can you PM me a link please?

There's no great deception with a youtube downloader, you're not stealing state secrets, they are normal extensions that you can add to your browser

for example  the one I use,  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/easy-youtube-video-download/

AustinPowers

Cookies - I  select reject /do not agree to them. Some sites don't give you a 'reject ' option , only 'agree'.

They will direct you to T&C's, or some other page , but when you go there , they still don't give  you a 'reject cookies' option

I don't like  having to be forced  to agree to cookies.  Is there anything I can do or is there  another way to  reject them?

armaghniac

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 25, 2023, 04:36:35 PM
Cookies - I  select reject /do not agree to them. Some sites don't give you a 'reject ' option , only 'agree'.

They will direct you to T&C's, or some other page , but when you go there , they still don't give  you a 'reject cookies' option

I don't like  having to be forced  to agree to cookies.  Is there anything I can do or is there  another way to  reject them?

If you open a webpage in a private (incognito) window then it will store all the cookies while you are on the site, but everything will disappear when you close the window.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on July 25, 2023, 05:26:48 PM

If you open a webpage in a private (incognito) window then it will store all the cookies while you are on the site, but everything will disappear when you close the window.

You're as cunning as a fox who went to the Abbey in Newry, then the Poly in Jordanstown, then got a job working for your Da, lol.

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on July 25, 2023, 08:46:22 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 25, 2023, 05:26:48 PM

You're as cunning as a fox who went to the Abbey in Newry, then the Poly in Jordanstown, then got a job working for your Da, lol.

You'd have to be at the bottom of the class at the Abbey to end up at the Poly, that was more a thing for Violet Hill inmates.
Around Cross' there is considerable interest in incognito approaches generally.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

ClipChamp seems to have usurped Microsoft Video Editor on my laptop.

Did I do that, or did Microsoft?

Can I get MS Video Editor back?

LC

Did a bit of reading over holidays so realise it would be a good habit to get into again.  Was thinking of getting an Amazon Kindle but I see you can get an Amazon Fire for similar money which seems to be similar to an ipad plus will also act as a Kindle.  No big expert on tech stuff so just wondering why is the Kindle on its own (16GB) is similar money even though it only does one thing.

bennydorano

I upgraded my Internet package on Black Friday, staying with Vodafone but the Internet speed going uo from 100mbps to 200, its due to upgrade 2moro and no sign of any new router or tech. None of the emails i received are very specific about what is happening- but not being any big IT head will the current router work ok??

JoG2

Quote from: bennydorano on December 03, 2023, 08:35:55 PMI upgraded my Internet package on Black Friday, staying with Vodafone but the Internet speed going uo from 100mbps to 200, its due to upgrade 2moro and no sign of any new router or tech. None of the emails are i received are very specific about what is happening- but not being any big IT head will the current router work ok??

Run a test on the speedof.me site now, and then after the upgrade. I'm sure the hardware you have now Benny is fine

tbrick18

Does anyone have any experience of using Virgin Media for Broadband?
They recently installed fibre lines in our area and I'm looking at alternative providers so thought they might be worth a try.
I've had free broadband for a few years through my employer but I've since moved jobs and the cost of my current package seems pricey in comparison to what else is out there now (and my speed is only 60M ish).

Advice?