Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 02, 2022, 05:53:02 PM
Quote from: Turf on July 02, 2022, 04:54:10 PM
Ronaldo has asked to leave? What do Man United fans think of that?

I think it is music to Erik ten Hag ears. The next problem is.......who will buy him, who would he go to?
He would have went to City last season if they had wanted him. Of course when I said that last season all the Man U fans got upset and dismissed the idea.Now he wants out, doubt he ever really wanted to go back.
If no club wants to take him he'll stay and say he never wanted to leave and the fans will lap it all up.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on July 02, 2022, 07:25:33 PM

I think it is music to Erik ten Hag ears. The next problem is.......who will buy him, who would he go to?
He would have went to City last season if they had wanted him. Of course when I said that last season all the Man U fans got upset and dismissed the idea.Now he wants out, doubt he ever really wanted to go back.
If no club wants to take him he'll stay and say he never wanted to leave and the fans will lap it all up.

State of this post... all the Man U fans got upset..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2022, 08:06:50 PM

lol.

gawa316

Quote from: GJL on July 02, 2022, 08:17:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2022, 08:06:50 PM

lol.

EC back in da house!

Turf

He was never the answer for Man Us problems really though was he. He dug them out a few times but they would have been better off buying players they could build a team around rather than a one man show to please the fans. Of course Man U fans will never admit this though. He's out now at the first opportunity.
I think it's fair to say Pep would have got him if he wanted him, I think he (Pep)played United the same way he did with the Alexis Sánchez transfer.
Ronaldo certainly isn't the problem at Old Trafford but he was never the answer either.

RedHand88

They'll always have that hattrick against Norwich to look back on with fondness.

Jeepers Creepers

The prospect of Messi still playing champions league will be eating away at him. Owes Utd nothing so good luck to him.

gawa316

Where would actually be a realistic destination for him? Not too many that can afford his wages and those that can either don't need him or aren't suitable...PSG, Juve, Bayern, City, Real, Barca...maybe Bayern if they lose lewandowski but really the leading teams should not be in for him.

Would he be interested in the US? But I agree with Jeepers he'll be raging Messi is still in the CL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2022, 10:43:47 PM
They'll always have that hattrick against Norwich to look back on with fondness.

I think multiple league titles CL Ballan D'ors  and other cups will comfort him in the years to come
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mourne Red

Quote from: gawa316 on July 02, 2022, 11:33:37 PM
Where would actually be a realistic destination for him? Not too many that can afford his wages and those that can either don't need him or aren't suitable...PSG, Juve, Bayern, City, Real, Barca...maybe Bayern if they lose lewandowski but really the leading teams should not be in for him.

Would he be interested in the US? But I agree with Jeepers he'll be raging Messi is still in the CL

I don't think he's allowed in the US? Could be wrong though but that case that was against him I don't think he'll love a quiet life out there.

Chelsea and Bayern the two front runners in my opinion if he was too leave

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 02, 2022, 11:35:58 PM

I don't think he's allowed in the US? Could be wrong though but that case that was against him I don't think he'll love a quiet life out there.

Raging that messi is not winning champions league and playing for a team that has won the league from the start of the season?

Aye he'll be fuming... f**k me.

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2022, 11:45:01 PM

Raging that messi is not winning champions league and playing for a team that has won the league from the start of the season?

You don't think he's raging that Messi is playing CL, while he's in the Europa?

gawa316

Oh aye forgot about that wee incident in the US.

Would agree Chelsea could be an option

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on July 03, 2022, 12:25:57 AM

You don't think he's raging that Messi is playing CL, while he's in the Europa?

No, you seem to buy into that shite, not surprising but the reality is both players are nowhere near what they used to be. Nor have the influence in games that they had. He's been a phenomenal player and if he's chasing CL football then grand, I can't see it as being (at his age) the be and end all

Turf

Why you getting so upset? lol.

Ronaldo will definitely want to be playing Champions League. What is he now 38? Even a supreme athlete like him can only go on so long, he doesn't want to be playing Europa League for the last few seasons he has left. He and Messi are always being compared so I agree with gawa316 that he won't want Messi playing Champions League and him not.