Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Where do you lads think the Antrim v Derry/Tyrone game will be held?
Is it likely to be a neutral venue like Armagh?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 17, 2019, 11:14:19 AM
Where do you lads think the Antrim v Derry/Tyrone game will be held?
Is it likely to be a neutral venue like Armagh?

Id heard there the other week that it was going to be in Armagh. nothing official tho
hurl like f**k boi!

jdyok

Is it not the case that Antrim would need to find a venue to play Derry, but if in the likely event that Tyrone win the preliminary game then they would have home advantage to play Antrim.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: jdyok on April 17, 2019, 12:19:43 PM
Is it not the case that Antrim would need to find a venue to play Derry, but if in the likely event that Tyrone win the preliminary game then they would have home advantage to play Antrim.

no, tyrone cant play 2 home games in a row, nor derry cant play 2 away
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Belfast GAA man

what's needed to host a county championship match? would temporary seating be an option at one of our grounds to give the team a home game?

whatwillbwillb

Must give credit to our new County Chair for his alleged open, frank and honest approach recently in different discussions that have taken place around the Casement debacle, Casement does not belong to Antrim anymore and Corrigan will be the new county ground after its developed... whatever your club loyalties,  at least we now seem to be getting on with the basics internally and for that if true he must be credited for his direct and get things done approach long overdue. 

Belfast GAA man

Is this in an interview with him?

Kickham csc

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on April 23, 2019, 06:58:15 AM
Must give credit to our new County Chair for his alleged open, frank and honest approach recently in different discussions that have taken place around the Casement debacle, Casement does not belong to Antrim anymore and Corrigan will be the new county ground after its developed... whatever your club loyalties,  at least we now seem to be getting on with the basics internally and for that if true he must be credited for his direct and get things done approach long overdue.
The smart thing would be to create two /3 county grounds.

Corrigan, Toome, Ballycastle.

spread the games.
Down , Armagh, Donegal, Fermanagh, Monaghan have two locations,,  Tyrone and Derry at least two.

Antrim, if interested in developing the whole county, should have a major centre in Belfast and two in the regions

Na Glinntí Glasa

interesting article in todays irish news about the minor management disappointed in the lack of our players in the county panel.

he should do a bit of research into why our lads dont want to play rather than wonder why. he would get a good eye opener as to the reasons.

hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

What are the reasons DR? (I genuinely don't know so interested what they are)

Main thing that has stood out to me last few years is the lack of players your club has had given the success your club has had but in terms of conditions etc I wouldn't know.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 24, 2019, 01:28:35 PM
What are the reasons DR? (I genuinely don't know so interested what they are)

Main thing that has stood out to me last few years is the lack of players your club has had given the success your club has had but in terms of conditions etc I wouldn't know.

our lads went before and after they were there the management told the clubs management they were ok, that they were nothing special, that the county already had 4 or 5 of the same type of our best.

the young lads were told this and what was thought of them. naturally they said the county could go f**k themselves. they went on and won both the county minor hurling and football titles that season.

these lads are exceptionally good players and all were on the U21 team last year that got to the county final, the same lads who were deemed average at best.

id love them to be playing county and at a big scale but why would they when our hurling set up is on par with a county set up? they are well looked after, trained well, coached well, given gym programmes and rehab, physio treatment etc. They will go to whats the best around and our senior hurling set up is as good as it gets.

footballs a second sport despite the lads loving playing it

hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

Would the manager not be better talking about the players he has instead? Reads like a post mortem days BEFORE the match

johnnycool

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 24, 2019, 02:39:36 PM
Would the manager not be better talking about the players he has instead? Reads like a post mortem days BEFORE the match

Correct me if I'm wrong but is minor club football in Antrim not still U18?

So if this years minor IC team are U17, a better barometer of club strength would have been last years club U16 champions, no?

Might still be Dunloy for all i know...

imtommygunn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 24, 2019, 02:39:36 PM

Lol exactly.You would think wouldn't you!

imtommygunn

Some interesting results in division 1. St Brigid st galls draw, st endas beat by gorts and Cargin beating Creggan well. (The rest probably as expected).