20 Euro for league games

Started by sligoman2, January 18, 2019, 12:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

http://hoganstand.com/article/index/294348?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Seems a bit steep to me especially for lower division games.  Having said that at least league games are competitive.  Prices going up and entertainment value going down is not a good combination in my opinion.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Rossfan

Are D3 and 4 the same price as 1 and 2?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sligoman2

It does say for the higher divisions so it may not apply to div 3  and 4.  Are all league games $15 now or does it vary from game to game or division to division?
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

JoG2

Supervalu doing the advanced tix at a reduced price? I see theyre still down on the GAA.ie website as a sponsor but nothing re tickets

Maroon Manc

I was only over for 1 league last year so can't remember but could you buy a ticket the day before for 10 euro?

thewobbler

I'm left wondering why the GAA needs to generate so much income.

Very wary of the beast we have created.

Over the Bar

Quote from: thewobbler on January 18, 2019, 01:56:40 PM

To pay for facilities that benefit only Dublin GAA

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 18, 2019, 01:52:53 PM
I was only over for 1 league last year so can't remember but could you buy a ticket the day before for 10 euro?

You could, any tickets bought up until the day before the match last year were €12 as opposed to a €15 full price on the gate, it's €15 discounted ticket price this year compared to the €20 full whack.
The cost of the league tickets going up makes the standard GAA season ticket slightly better value overall than last year but it's not the great deal for people who go to their county matches that it was when the scheme launched in the noughties.  The season ticket is of no real benefit unless your county makes the All Ireland final really.

lurganblue

Agreed. I used to guard against the old "Grab All Association" comments. I wouldn't now.

From the Bunker

Quote from: lurganblue on January 18, 2019, 02:26:07 PM

Agreed. I used to guard against the old "Grab All Association" comments. I wouldn't now.

Nothing like the sense of hopelessness to make the common fan realise the value of money.

JoG2

Maroon Manc

The price increase is a bit unfair but those of us who would bring kids to the game its great value. I took 3 u16's with me to the All Ireland semi v Dublin and their tickets were only 5 euro each; Thats brilliant value.

Cunny Funt

Any logical reason to increase the ticket prices? Surely to increase attendances the introduction of better value price tickets would make common sense.

thewobbler

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 18, 2019, 03:53:06 PM
Any logical reason to increase the ticket prices? Surely to increase attendances the introduction of better value price tickets would make common sense.

It's what happens when accountants take over and business development executives are given targets.

First they have to justify their salaries, then those of their support staff, and on top of this they need to show growth. Spreadsheets for everything, and a justifiable "business need" for everything they suggest.

It's wrong. The GAA is not a business. It's a community organisation rooted in volunteerism. This is something accountants, for their own reasons, cannot quantity and strategise.

Rossfan

So let's have free admission then? :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM