County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

We fcuk up in 2016 -it's  O'Donnell's fault so we disgracefully dump him.
We fcuk up in the NFL in 2017 - Gay Sheerin is declared a bolx and Shannonside  a disgrace. Take a focus off main issue.
We get a smash and grab Connacht and our manager is the greatest ever put on earth.
Mayowestros blow us off the planet -ah but we drew with them last week. Great manager.
We get destroyed in the 3 Quarter Final games - players need to look at themselves.
Players say enough of this crap but it's "demands on I C players"
Not the "man at the top"'
In Syferland it's always someone other than his hero's fault.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2018, 01:39:06 AM
We fcuk up in 2016 -it's  O'Donnell's fault so we disgracefully dump him.
We fcuk up in the NFL in 2017 - Gay Sheerin is declared a bolx and Shannonside  a disgrace. Take a focus off main issue.
We get a smash and grab Connacht and our manager is the greatest ever put on earth.
Mayowestros blow us off the planet -ah but we drew with them last week. Great manager.
We get destroyed in the 3 Quarter Final games - players need to look at themselves.
Players say enough of this crap but it's "demands on I C players"
Not the "man at the top"'
In Syferland it's always someone other than his hero's fault.

He isn't?

Rossfan

Syferus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 05, 2018, 11:16:13 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2018, 11:08:23 AM
Will somebody think of Syferus

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mcstays-roscommon-future-hangs-in-balance-as-oneill-looks-to-extend-time-with-kildare-37284097.html

I'd say there's a few in Mayo sweating.

You really haven't much of a clue so.

I see Rossfan's principled boycott of the Indo ends if he sees something he likes. Wouldn't be getting too excited if I were you.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2018, 11:34:45 AM

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mcstays-roscommon-future-hangs-in-balance-as-oneill-looks-to-extend-time-with-kildare-37284097.html

I see Rossfan's principled boycott of the Indo ends if he sees something he likes. Wouldn't be getting too excited if I were you.

You suggesting he's going nowhere or that Mayo would be delighted to get him?

Syferus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 05, 2018, 11:43:25 AM

I'm suggesting you don't know how aflame that Mayo bridge is if you think that's much of a possibility.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2018, 01:22:05 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2018, 01:20:00 AM
We've fcukd up again -missing out on one of our own this time.
But sure we'll continue with the same oul shite and expect different outcomes.
5 of the County panel dropping out next year apart from age related retirements.
I wonder why.......?

Demands on IC players far too high with no team outside Dublin having a realistic chance at glory..

I'd love a psychologist to examine your mind and see how you manage to convince yourself everything good about Roscommon has nothing to do with Kevin McStay while everything negative is clearly his fault. We've had players dropping out every year under every manager for many, many years now. So has almost every other county. It's not the man at the top that's the issue.

I think every manager in the country is going to be seem as a failure while this Dublin team are around ( except Galvin of course ) .

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2018, 11:54:15 AM

I'm suggesting you don't know how aflame that Mayo bridge is if you think that's much of a possibility.

You of all people should know when someone is on the wind up.

Syferus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 05, 2018, 12:04:02 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2018, 11:54:15 AM

You of all people should know when someone is on the wind up.

I really don't.

weareros

Strange since McStay already announced he was staying on and county board issued a statement that they wanted him to remain and a Hands Off warning to Mayo from our PRO.. Also Herald only gave one hidden column inch to a number of players not returning for retirement and personal commitments, so one assumes nothing out of the normal - though some reports indicate more. Could that have thrown a fly in ointment?

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on September 05, 2018, 12:23:11 PM
Strange since McStay already announced he was staying on and county board issued a statement that they wanted him to remain and a Hands Off warning to Mayo from our PRO.. Also Herald only gave one hidden column inch to a number of players not returning for retirement and personal commitments, so one assumes nothing out of the normal - though some reports indicate more. Could that have thrown a fly in ointment?

..or the local media know a local story better and Colm Keys is trying to scrounge up headlines during silly season? Hmm, which one is it, I wonder?

Rossfan

Could the € man be getting impatient?
Ros Herald would sicken your behind -full page attacking the players 2 weeks ago and not a whisper of criticism about the manager.
Heard one or 2 of those whispers too while a question to a well known GAA head about the managers plans was met with an abrupt change of subject.
All that's needed is for him to acknowledge he fckd up on the S&C and defensive fronts and look for the right people to add to his backroom team. Not nobodies from Ballina or the like.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2018, 01:45:12 PM
Could the € man be getting impatient?
Ros Herald would sicken your behind -full page attacking the players 2 weeks ago and not a whisper of criticism about the manager.
Heard one or 2 of those whispers too while a question to a well known GAA head about the managers plans was met with an abrupt change of subject.
All that's needed is for him to acknowledge he fckd up on the S&C and defensive fronts and look for the right people to add to his backroom team. Not nobodies from Ballina or the like.

Why in anyone's right mind does it matter a damn where a coach comes from?

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on August 07, 2018, 06:27:18 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2018, 12:46:16 PM
Where do we go from here?

We await instructions from The Hatch. The good gentlemen there will decide shortly.

/Jim

Deliberations in The Hatch almost complete.  County Board and the Hoi polloi will be informed in due course.

/Jim.