GAA Spreads - Explaination

Started by DickyRock, April 18, 2007, 08:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DickyRock

Hi Folks.

I'm sorry to say that the GAASpreads League competitions are up in smoke.  :'(

The hosts decided to do a restore an old copy of the site including the database. I went to look at my last couple of backups and they where corrupt. Therefore I can't get the site back up.

I know that there have been a few problem this year with the site. Most of them because I couldn't devote time to it due to work commitments. I have a bit of time now so I will start fixing all the problems now in time for the championship.

What I do need is a couple of volunteers to help with the administration of the site. This will involve looking at the support site and usually entails manually adding in people's entries that they have had trouble adding. Usually only a couple a week. They will get full access to the site. You don't have to be technically natured and I will show people the ropes. Any body up for this?

Sligoman2 is still setting the Football spreads, but I've been finding it hard to get someone to consistantly get the hurling spreads in. Any body up for this?

The site is run by myself, I don't make any money out of it - any donations I pay for the running of the site. Sometimes its hard to get the motivation to continue running the site so a little help would be much appreciated.

realredhandfan

I nominate Ziggy for the extra work.

An Lark

QuoteWhat I do need is a couple of volunteers to help with the administration of the site. This will involve looking at the support site and usually entails manually adding in people's entries that they have had trouble adding. Usually only a couple a week. They will get full access to the site. You don't have to be technically natured and I will show people the ropes. Any body up for this?

I will try and help with this.

sligoman2

Dicky,

We all appreciate the huge effort you have put into this.  It's just one of these unfortunate things.

Hopefully all will be well for the championship.  I would like to re-echo Dicky's plea for more help running the site.

Apologies to all for the crash
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

stephenite