Sunday Lunch in Belfast?

Started by DickyRock, July 03, 2010, 12:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DickyRock

Hi folks,

Having a chrisitening in a months time and was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for sunday lunch in Belfast. Christening should be over about 3.30 -4.  They'll be about 20 adults with a few kids. Havent eaten out much in Belfast so it's doing my nut in - don't want to pick somewhere crap

Cheers

ardmhachaabu

We had the christening party for my second in the Emerald Roadhouse (old Devenish Arms).  It's a carvery, the food is great

If you are looking somewhere in central Belfast, try the Kitchen bar in Victoria Square
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Rois

We went to Belfast Castle after my niece's christening on a Sunday, had our own room downstairs and it was lovely.
Malone Lodge Hotel apparently does a good Sunday carvery or so the owner tells me (GAA man). 

David McKeown

Four Winds up near Forestside is very child friendly  I have been to a couple of christenings in there and we've been upstairs and its been great
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

StGallsGAA

If you are looking for something a bit more top end but reasonable try the new Fitzwilliam Hotel.  Excellent.   The Merchant also do a sunday menu for £25 for 2 courses.  I recommend both.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Rois on July 03, 2010, 04:51:21 PM
We went to Belfast Castle after my niece's christening on a Sunday, had our own room downstairs and it was lovely.
Malone Lodge Hotel apparently does a good Sunday carvery or so the owner tells me (GAA man).

was it the owner or his son Rois? Used to love the carvery in the welly park when we were in Belfast. 

Puckoon

Best Carvery in belfast used to be in Benedicts in shaftsbury square. 8-10 years ago mind you.

DickyRock

Cheers folks. I'd thought of a few of the mentioned ones so must phone a few and see what their prices are like. Live a stones throw from the four winds but never been to their restuarant. Would've been easier to try these places out before the wee man was born

The wife also mentioned that the La Mon does a good carvery - anyone ever ate there?