Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Laughing at people on twitter getting angry about the mad queen story and how out of character it was. Wtf have these people been watching for 10 years.  She has been acting like a spoilt child right from the start burning and killing people for fun over and over again. How was this episode a surprise.

omagh_gael

Really disappointed in that episode. I called the Mad Queen thing along time ago as there were many many hints at it. However, the plot was so clichéd and corny. The moment Euron came out of the water to meet Jamie and Clegane bowl had me reaching for the vomit bucket.

The whole valuquar prophecy went to shite and then fact that the dragon somehow managed to neutralise all the scorpions within minutes when last week they were sitting ducks was stupid. Also, since when has dragon flame turned into war grade explosives? Blowing out 20 feet block walls like they were made of matchsticks.

Overall, a load of shite.

screenexile

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 13, 2019, 11:36:23 PM
Really disappointed in that episode. I called the Mad Queen thing along time ago as there were many many hints at it. However, the plot was so clichéd and corny. The moment Euron came out of the water to meet Jamie and Clegane bowl had me reaching for the vomit bucket.

The whole valuquar prophecy went to shite and then fact that the dragon somehow managed to neutralise all the scorpions within minutes when last week they were sitting ducks was stupid. Also, since when has dragon flame turned into war grade explosives? Blowing out 20 feet block walls like they were made of matchsticks.

You've gotta love GOT when people think the flames the dragon breathes are too unrealistic!!!

Wildweasel74

Sure the ending already out. I the last 3 espiodes went excately as previously leaked.The ending going to have no body happy. Think I could written better myself.

TabClear

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 14, 2019, 12:01:00 AM
Sure the ending already out. I the last 3 espiodes went excately as previously leaked.The ending going to have no body happy. Think I could written better myself.

GoT is suffering to an extent from the high standards it set itself in the early series. It is becoming increasingly apparent that since the divergence from the books source material the writers are struggling to mintain the standard. I dont think the smaller number of episodes and having all the main characters in the same place has helped either. Its still very watchable but just not as good as previously.

Gabriel_Hurl

Harrenhall was destroyed by dragon fire.

nrico2006

How do we know what power is coming out of a dragons mouth?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omagh_gael

As a book reader you'll be aware of Harenhall etc, however, as a show GOT stood out as it paid extreme levels of attention to things like character consistency as well as tempered levels of super powers the likes of the Night king or dragons had.

In the past the dragon's fire never blew buildings apart in that way, likewise, they were telling the story that the dragons were in poor shaoe/under fed etc in the previous episode yet last night we see Drogon tearing shit up with unlimited fire/hydrogen bomb technology.

Dont get me wrong the episode was epic in cinematography, however, it felt like each aspect of the story was finished off with a one page summary when it needed a chapter. It's out the that the DDs (show runners) were offered a ten episode run to finish it up but turned it down. Looks to me like they've fallen out of love with it since source material dried up and they're looking ahead to the big star wars trilogy they've got lined up.

lurganblue

The show is wrapping up. Storylines are finally coming to an end.  I don't really see it as being rushed.  I would much prefer this process to dragging out a few more series to make a few quid and the whole thing becoming a pile of sh*te.... see the walking dead as a prime example.

TabClear

Quote from: lurganblue on May 14, 2019, 04:16:43 PM
The show is wrapping up. Storylines are finally coming to an end.  I don't really see it as being rushed.  I would much prefer this process to dragging out a few more series to make a few quid and the whole thing becoming a pile of sh*te.... see the walking dead as a prime example.

Or Lost, that ending really grated with me!

screenexile

I remember loving Heroes for the first 2 series then it just got too complicated and fizzled out . . . same with Prison Break.

GOT could have done with a few extra episodes to flesh the thing out but it's still great TV and better than anything about at the minute. Although Chernobyl made a strong start last week!

markl121

Quote from: screenexile on May 14, 2019, 04:37:26 PM
I remember loving Heroes for the first 2 series then it just got too complicated and fizzled out . . . same with Prison Break.

GOT could have done with a few extra episodes to flesh the thing out but it's still great TV and better than anything about at the minute. Although Chernobyl made a strong start last week!

season one of prison break was so good, but after they actually got out i didnt see the need for more seasons.

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on May 14, 2019, 04:37:26 PM

Heroes got fucked by the writer's strike.

Wildweasel74

They got the main charcter going bonkers after 3 espiodes of committing to save the north" and a love in with Jon Snow. The whole season this year reverted to a hollywood Michael bay shoot them up. With all the in depth characters all over the place. Knew things were going tits up cutting the espiodes past 2 seasons and the 2 main baddies Nightking and Cersei coming a cropper very easy after massive build ups

Mayo4Sam

This has been a ball of sh!te to be honest. In no particular order

What was Arya's point in the last episode? To get that woman killed? Where did the white horse come outta?
How did Jamie just flip from being happy with the knight lady to heading off to Cersei for
No real reason
The mountain v the hound, brutal
Tyrion giving up Varys?

All in all terrible
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me