PLAN B PLAN B!!!!!

Started by here comes 6, September 05, 2011, 09:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

here comes 6

Lets roar on the dubs to we all get a laugh at the stewards,garda and most of all cooney having a nitemare watching the dubs invade our own patch.   Its not yours COONEY you know??

Maroon Heaven

A Captain should just go up and before he accepts Sam - Just say it is wrong keeping the fans off the Pitch.

A Controlled plan allowing fans onto the pitch is needed

Jinxy

I'm assuming the stewards will be armed with some form of non-lethal weaponry on the day.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

comethekingdom

Quote from: Jinxy on September 05, 2011, 10:05:10 PM
I'm assuming the stewards will be armed with some form of non-lethal weaponry on the day.

Aye - orange netting!

Jinxy

here comes 6

AZOffaly

In fairness I thought the Kilkenny celebration on Sunday was probably more fun for them than getting man handled by some lad who was f**king you out of it in the pub last year.

Having said that, I am in favour, and proposed last year, a more controlled system to allow the fans onto the field, but to keep them away from the winning, and just as important, losing teams.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 05, 2011, 10:44:56 PM
In fairness I thought the Kilkenny celebration on Sunday was probably more fun for them than getting man handled by some lad who was f**king you out of it in the pub last year.

Having said that, I am in favour, and proposed last year, a more controlled system to allow the fans onto the field, but to keep them away from the winning, and just as important, losing teams.

Not sure AZ, they sure seemed to have plenty left in the legs judging by the pace they took the lap at and there was a fair bit of lepping going on as well but the stands were nearly empty. I'd be interested to hear what they really think and prefer. Hopefully O'Neill will bring in a structured "invasion" although I can't foresee how he'd square that with the insurers.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

johnpower

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 05, 2011, 11:36:10 PM

Not sure AZ, they sure seemed to have plenty left in the legs judging by the pace they took the lap at and there was a fair bit of lepping going on as well but the stands were nearly empty. I'd be interested to hear what they really think and prefer. Hopefully O'Neill will bring in a structured "invasion" although I can't foresee how he'd square that with the insurers.

If Dublin win I dont see much structure to the invasion especially if they are well clear

omagh_gael

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 05, 2011, 11:36:10 PM

Jaysus. I knew Shane was a popular poster but I didn't realise he held this much sway among the suits!

Bingo

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I find it bizarre and strange why anyone would want to get onto the field. Not as if they will get to chat to a player or that, bar the first dozen or so. Sure it can look great from above but whats the point.

As for a controlled entrance, laughable. Is the whole thing not a rush and charge for those doing it? By queuing and entering in a controlled fashion, sure the presentation be over by the time everyone gets on, and it will look staged.

Sit in your seats and let the players have some comfort and enjoy their moment.

Jinxy

Going down onto the pitch is a tradition all over the country after county finals.
It doesn't have to be the charge of the light brigade, usually people just walk onto the pitch like civilized human beings.
Who wants to look down at an empty field when they're getting the cup?

Bingo

Quote from: Jinxy on September 06, 2011, 04:36:18 PM
Going down onto the pitch is a tradition all over the country after county finals.
It doesn't have to be the charge of the light brigade, usually people just walk onto the pitch like civilized human beings.
Who wants to look down at an empty field when they're getting the cup?

Massive, massive difference in at most a few thousand and thousands upon thousands. Plus in a county final you will get to engage with a brother, father, son, friend etc, you'll get to chat to them and either congratulate or consol. In a big game in Croke park what is the aim? Just to say i was on the field.

Jinxy

I stood in the Cusack for the presentation in 1999 and I felt it was terribly flat and lifeless.
You can't beat standing underneath the hogan stand with your own people, looking up as the cup is raised.
I've no problem with there being a delay, i.e. 5 mins after the final whistle the gates are opened but I just think it's a great pity that people can't gather together on the pitch.