PLAN B PLAN B!!!!!

Started by here comes 6, September 05, 2011, 09:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: Jinxy on September 06, 2011, 05:14:41 PM
I stood in the Cusack for the presentation in 1999 and I felt it was terribly flat and lifeless.
You can't beat standing underneath the hogan stand with your own people, looking up as the cup is raised.
I've no problem with there being a delay, i.e. 5 mins after the final whistle the gates are opened but I just think it's a great pity that people can't gather together on the pitch.

Was that not Gerathys speech?

here comes 6

It will be a victory for all Gaa members up and down the country if the dubs win and get on the field.  It will show that Gaa is run by the ordinary man/women on the street and by by men in suits that turn up for the photo shoots

blewuporstuffed

I stood in the Cusack for the presentation in 1999 and I felt it was terribly flat and lifeless.
You can't beat standing underneath the hogan stand with your own people, looking up as the cup is raised.
I've no problem with there being a delay, i.e. 5 mins after the final whistle the gates are opened but I just think it's a great pity that people can't gather together on the pitch.
this
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Boycey

Quote from: here comes 6 on September 07, 2011, 01:21:41 PM
It will be a victory for all Gaa members up and down the country if the dubs win and get on the field.  It will show that Gaa is run by the ordinary man/women on the street and by by men in suits that turn up for the photo shoots

Will it be a victory if someone gets seriously injured trying to do so?

here comes 6

Quote from: Boycey on September 07, 2011, 04:06:38 PM

No one has ever been hurt before so dont think thats a creditable excuse

Hardy

There won't be any invasion. Those days are gone, along with sitting on the wall at the back of Hill 16 and kissing the bishop's ring.

Boycey

Quote from: here comes 6 on September 07, 2011, 04:22:19 PM

So because it hasn't happened before it can't happen?

ziggysego

I thought it was incredibly dead looking after the Hurling Final last Sunday.

The GAA is about it's people and the people want to celebrate their club and county and final day. To me, being on the pitch in 2003, 2005 and 2008 after Tyrone won the All-Ireland was a fantastic experience. It unified us and meant we could all share in the celebrations.

As for the comment about you can meet friends and family on club finals, but not in Croker.... believe me, you do meet them.

So I say, do away with the orange mesh and do away with the glass wall around Hill 16. Let the supporters onto the pitch.
Testing Accessibility

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Boycey on September 07, 2011, 04:45:44 PM

Can anyone tell me why pitch invasions are banned by the GAA in Croke Park but not in any other GAA ground in the country? Its ok in Thurles , Pairc ui Caoimh etc but not Croke Park?

Jinxy

Quote from: Boycey on September 07, 2011, 04:45:44 PM
Quote from: here comes 6 on September 07, 2011, 04:22:19 PM

Do you ever worry about being attacked by rabid dogs when you're asleep in bed?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyCake

Quote from: ziggysego on September 07, 2011, 04:49:13 PM

The GAA is about it's people and the people want to celebrate their club and county and final day. To me, being on the pitch in 2003, 2005 and 2008 after Tyrone won the All-Ireland was a fantastic experience. It unified us and meant we could all share in the celebrations.

As for the comment about you can meet friends and family on club finals, but not in Croker.... believe me, you do meet them.

So I say, do away with the orange mesh and do away with the glass wall around Hill 16. Let the supporters onto the pitch.

Hear hear!!

seafoid

You can't beat standing underneath the hogan stand with your own people, looking up as the cup is raised.I've no problem with there being a delay, i.e. 5 mins after the final whistle the gates are opened but I just think it's a great pity that people can't gather together on the pitch.

and Sally O Brien and the way she might look at you

ross4life

Quote from: ziggysego on September 07, 2011, 04:49:13 PM

Well said Ziggy, i for one will probably never live to see my County lift Sam but some of the best memories i had following my team was celebrating on the field in Hyde park,McHale park & Ennis etc.. Last Sunday was incredibly dead looking & if that's the future of GAA then viewers may as well turn off or walk out on the sounding of the full time whistle.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hardy

People thought it was outrageous to ban smoking in pubs too.

Jinxy

We lost our soul as a nation the day they stopped lads watching the match from the roof of the Nally Stand.
If you were any use you'd be playing.