Tipperary vs Kilkenny - 2011 All Ireland Hurling Final

Started by TippTony, August 18, 2011, 12:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andoireabu

Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

muppet

Quote from: andoireabu on September 04, 2011, 03:55:35 PM
Refs to wear helmets next year?

Either that or deal with the guy who swings his hurl, head high, at 5 or 6 people.
MWWSI 2017

Offalylad

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on September 04, 2011, 03:57:15 PM

Either that or deal with the guy who swings his hurl, head high, at 5 or 6 people.
Absolutely no mention on RTE about Walsh deliberately swiping the stick!

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 04, 2011, 04:05:04 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 04, 2011, 03:57:15 PM

Absolutely no mention on RTE about Walsh deliberately swiping the stick!

The crazy thing is he swung it a few times during that row.
MWWSI 2017

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 04, 2011, 04:08:55 PM
Kilkenny much the better team should be more ahead.
Aye given away too many scores from frees.

Is conceivable that Hickey and Walsh could have got the line in this half.

spuds

Surely Hickey got booked for that leg trip ??

Tipp will be majorly disappointed with first half showing, Kilkenny all over them. Frees keeping Tipp in touch. Lar cannot get any ball at all. Cody some buck.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Canalman

Kilkenny at their most cynical in the 1st half. Ref really has to get a grip on the steps being taken by KK forwards. Tommy Walsh at his antihero best.

Still fancy Tipp though.

AZOffaly

Canalman, I know you have a problem with Kilkenny, but they were great in that first half. Tommy Walsh is a fiery, semi lunatic, on the field but he is very cultured on the ball  and class as well.

Gavin has blown KK for overcarrying at least 2 or 3 times.

I'd say Kilkenny's biggest issue will be can they last the pace. I think they'll need to be 6-7 points up in the last 10, because Tipp are hanging around even though they've been blown away, and Tipp will finish strong if they are in it.

Hardy

Jesus some lads here are worse than AZ's football Nualas. 117 positive moments and buckets of skill and courage and resolve in the game so far and everybody wants to seek out the negative. Is it the receession or what?  It wouldn't be much of a game if it was played by choirboys and angels.

Enjoy, celebrate.

Canalman

AZ , nobody around who admires Tommy Walsh more than me.

Honestly think that Tipp will have a spell on top and have the forwards on show to get the scores. Truth be told KK should be 7/8 points up by now.

Bruising and brilliant game. Bring on the second half.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on September 04, 2011, 04:21:36 PM
Jesus some lads here are worse than AZ's football Nualas. 117 positive moments and buckets of skill and courage and resolve in the game so far and everybody wants to seek out the negative. Is it the receession or what?  It wouldn't be much of a game if it was played by choirboys and angels.

Enjoy, celebrate.

You're right, we should laud the guy swinging his hurl wildly hitting the ref in the head. Absorbing.

MWWSI 2017

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose