Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone95

Quote from: God14 on August 23, 2018, 09:48:35 PM
Conor McKenna would be a mad addition. Could be a bigger distraction more than anything but Frigg it we are 11/2 outsiders. Stick him at 14.
Haha wishful thinking, im not sure his australian club would be best pleased about it though. But what a target man it would be to throw in! In seriousness will Richy start at 14?

GetOverTheBar

Conor McKenna would be nowhere near Full Forward lads.....he, however would be an exceptional man to come in and trail Kilkenny for 70 minutes.

It would be some option, however still a massive risk - you have to imagine the lads handling would be terrible and his kicking maybe even worse given the sherrin kicking technique.

Silly season has begun.

RedHand88

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 24, 2018, 09:59:01 AM
Conor McKenna would be nowhere near Full Forward lads.....he, however would be an exceptional man to come in and trail Kilkenny for 70 minutes.

It would be some option, however still a massive risk - you have to imagine the lads handling would be terrible and his kicking maybe even worse given the sherrin kicking technique.

Silly season has begun.

Double bouncing and overcarrying all over the show.

Sure he'll fit right in.

bigtogs

clarshack

Quote from: God14 on August 23, 2018, 09:49:30 PM
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2018/08/23/news/headline-1414961/

That article can't even get right the year the 2 McMahons were in the full back line against Kerry.

Anyhow McKenna was home for the club championship last year and wasn't able to play. Same as Conor Glass. There must be something in their AFL contracts now that prevents this.

Hereiam

Driving to work now as seeing the towns decked out is class.
I think the Ballygawley folk need to check which way they put the flags up at the roundabout. ;D

Club Rossa

Clarshack I'm almost certain that McKenna came on for Eglish against Derrylaughan last year.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Club Rossa on August 24, 2018, 12:14:10 PM
Clarshack I'm almost certain that McKenna came on for Eglish against Derrylaughan last year.
Every year he comes home and plays for Eglish. Will be the same this year.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 24, 2018, 12:35:26 PM
Every year he comes home and plays for Eglish. Will be the same this year.

And does he play like a county player?

sam03/05

There is absolutely no chance of McKenna joining the squad one week before an All Ireland Final, what a stupid non story!

Jim Bob

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 24, 2018, 02:22:13 PM
There is absolutely no chance of McKenna joining the squad one week before an All Ireland Final, what a stupid non story!

Agreed. He ll be joining the fans luking  a ticket

clarshack

Ok fair enough but we played Eglish in the 1st round the previous week. he was at the game but not togged out.

Jayop

I wouldn't say zero chance, maybe 5 percent or less though and only that because of Harte bringing O'Neill back for the final after being out all year.

Still not happening tho.

barelegs

Quote from: clarshack on August 24, 2018, 04:15:34 PM

Ok fair enough but we played Eglish in the 1st round the previous week. he was at the game but not togged out.
He came on for the final 15 minutes in Galbally against Derrylaughan. Wasn't listed in the programme but came on alright. Can't see him playing any part to be honest