Whats the highest Level you've played GAA at?

Started by BallyhaiseMan, February 13, 2007, 06:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whats the highest Level you've played GAA at?

County
29 (27.1%)
Senior Club team
45 (42.1%)
B team
11 (10.3%)
Underage
17 (15.9%)
Never played at all
5 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

mannix

3200 feet above sea level.
Other than that I have played as high as division 4 in dublins junior league but had the fortune to practice along a few current dublin stars and a lad in the english first division of today, he was an unreal gaelic footballer, he was in goal one day (usually a forward) in junior 4 and i was amakeshift corner back, he said to me "watch this" and passed the ball to me, demanded it back and proceeded to run the lenght of the field without anyone touching him, then fooled the other goalie and scored a goal.The other team were screaming hes a banger hes a banger.
He would have left jayo and co in the dust.
Always thought I was great but when I seen what others can do, its different.

cavan4ever

Played a bit of senior.  Used to train hard in the winter but when the summer came i wouldn't b seen which i used to get a lot of flak for. 

laughinpaddy

County minor and U21 was on senior panel for two mckenna cup games in the late 90's.
I ain't gettin on no plane!

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

SLIGONIAN

Played for Sligo Vocational schools county team corner forward and senior club. Work commitments have taken me away from playing at the minute. Went to numerous county trials but my club wouldnt have the biggest influence with regards to getting there players on panels.

Had more success at soccer. Playing in Sligo super league and played for Sligo/Leitrim district league u 18 and u 16.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

North Longford

County U21 for a couple of years and Sigerson which I think was a higher standard for 4

Silky

Currently playing intermediate but hoping to break into the senior team within the next couple of year.

youbetterbelieveit

County u21 and sigerson for a few years. still have aspirations for a higher level!

Six Inch Nail

Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

tyroneman

Senior Club Football

Retired now at ripe age of 33 due to injury (and complete lack of fitness)

MH will never know what he missed  ::)

doodaa

Senior hurling for the county...but remeber im from derry lol

Kerry Mike

Was being primed for the county minors at 15-16 but was introduced to the joys of drink and havent really looked back since.

Seriously I trialed for the minors and played a few challange games, but never had the drive or hunger once I went away to college.

Hightlights of my long playing career: Have County league medals from every age group from U12 to Senior, Winning a couple of U21 county championships with the legendary Maurice Fitz, was on the first teams from our club when they won their first local minor and junior championships, captaining the minors. Great days and memories but seem so long ago now.

Also have a Junior B hurling medal from Mid-Cork :( but I don't really tell too many peopole about that.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

AZOffaly

QuoteGreat days and memories but seem so long ago now.

They are so long ago now :D