BBC V RTE on croke park opening

Started by lawnseed 2, February 12, 2007, 10:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turk

lawnseed 2

this has had much more scrutiny than i ever could have imagined. as i heard it the british agents (probably armed) were murdered by collins and co. while the players and spectaters (definatly not armed) in croke park were "killed" by black and tans and auxilieries in retailation, my ascertion is that they were in fact 'murdered' and that all this is not ancient history when we had the 'murder' of a derry official locking up his clubrooms only a couple of years ago and the police ombudsman finds that there was little or no investigation and that there may have been colusion. as i said when i open the topic this brutality continues up until the present day. what i am really pointing out is the way the beeb sanitised their piece for the british audience. before the match took place bbc radio visited a training session of a belfast club and found three lads (12ish) who thought rugby being played in croker was brilliant and some other numbskull who agreed, i phoned them to tell them that the views expressed were not representive of the majority of ulster gaels and therefore the majority of their listners. i was told they would 'pass that on'

An Gaeilgoir

But the opening of Croke park is the wish of the majority of the GAA members of the 32 counties. Its called democracy... so get over it!!!!!!!

realredhandfan

An Gaeilgoir

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility