Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Taylor

Quote from: Seaney on December 14, 2020, 10:30:06 PM
Oh dear thousands of deaths, have you the figures of those who actually died of Covid?

Oh dear.

Seay,

What do you propose we do now if you were running the show?

You were over it all

Hereiam

Genuine question

Why have country leaders not scrambling to have this vaccine? Would they not do it live on air to instil a bit of trust among the populations. Now I know you can say it only right for the most venerable to get it first but surly these important people, who lets be honest are no spring chickens would be first in line to get it.

TabClear

Quote from: Hereiam on December 15, 2020, 10:33:58 AM
Genuine question

Why have country leaders not scrambling to have this vaccine? Would they not do it live on air to instil a bit of trust among the populations. Now I know you can say it only right for the most venerable to get it first but surly these important people, who lets be honest are no spring chickens would be first in line to get it.

Have most of them not caught it already?

Taylor

Genuine question

Didnt Obama, Clinton & Bush say they would take it on air?

GetOverTheBar

Genuine question

Alot of them have said that, but obviously the other side is, if they took it before the elderly they would be the worst in the world, political rivals would have an open goal.

I suspect privately most world leaders have had the jab or certainly been offered it.

It is completely right the Health Care and Elderly get it first however, I am very much against restrictions (when half assed like ours have been), the reason we do that is to protect the health service and the elderly. Once we get them largely sorted with the vaccine I'm very keen to get life back to 'normal' ASAP. Obviously a story aside here and there, this thing is largely purging the very eldest generations.

Covid is never going to go away. I suppose the best we can hope for is a relative 'herd immunity' once enough of the population have been vaccinated.

The vaccine hopefully will largely help those who die 'from' Covid, as opposed to those who die 'with' Covid and relieve the stress on the Care workers.

Seaney

Quote from: Taylor on December 15, 2020, 08:07:06 AM
Oh dear thousands of deaths, have you the figures of those who actually died of Covid?

Oh dear.

Seay,

You were over it all

Sorry I can't see your answer, is it in hidden, do I have to do ctrl, alt, num lock, insert, delete to see?

dublin7

Quote from: Seaney on December 15, 2020, 12:13:34 PM
Quote from: Taylor on December 15, 2020, 08:07:06 AM

Oh dear.

Seay,

You were over it all

Sorry I can't see your answer, is it in hidden, do I have to do ctrl, alt, num lock, insert, delete to see?

2,126 is the official figure for the number of deaths due to Covid in the ROI. There could be people in this figure who may have died from underlying health conditions but who had covid when they died, but it's impossible for someone to check without studying each case in detail

Will you now say what you would do if you were in charge?

Without a vaccine things we can't allow groups of people to gather in one place so the country can't get anywhere close to back to normal. Sweden has shown that the herd immunity approach doesn't work either and the country is in crisis. I really don't see any other option so please enlighten me?

Seaney

I would love you to quote to say where I am anti vax, if you do that it would be great ta.

Seaney

The Covid figure in UK is pie in the sky, is what I was alluding to.

Taylor

Quote from: Seaney on December 15, 2020, 01:44:45 PM

Ok thanks.

You havent provided evidence of the collateral damage in care homes yet?

Could you tell me what you would do if you were in charge?

Because I cannot see anything you are in favour of

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dublin7

Fine it's pie in the sky.

What would you do if you were in charge on dealing with Covid? You clearly don't believe in the vaccines, so please tell what other solutions are available to get the country/economy back to some sort of normality in 2021?

Seaney

Quote from: Taylor on December 15, 2020, 01:53:46 PM

Ok thanks.

You havent provided evidence of the collateral damage in care homes yet?

Could you tell me what you would do if you were in charge?

Because I cannot see anything you are in favour of

I am not in charge so it is a mute point.

Seaney

Quote from: dublin7 on December 15, 2020, 02:53:11 PM

Fine it's pie in the sky.

What would you do if you were in charge on dealing with Covid? You clearly don't believe in the vaccines, so please tell what other solutions are available to get the country/economy back to some sort of normality in 2021?

Again if you quote where I said that it would be great ta, and as mentioned I am not in charge, but what hasn't helped the country is failed lockdowns and the resultant missed medical appointments, missed cancer diagnosis, mental health issues, abuse, isolation, unemployment etc. to save a health care where all the predictions were horseshite and where nightingale hospitals lay empty along with covid wards.

RadioGAAGAA

The official figures - which are not accurate for a number of reasons - quote 64,402 currently across the UK as having died of covid.

Their inaccuracy has both positive and negative bias on the numbers, so who knows where the exact figure lies. Although its certainly in the multiple tens of thousands.

However, which is really the thing that undermines your argument - pathetic such as it is - a vaccine doesn't merely help those that would die of covid, it also helps those that would die as a result of covid [for example, the NHS being under less pressure means cancer diagnoses and treatments can get back on track]. So, considering that, are you still in favour of not distributing the vaccine while you wait for a 10 year effectiveness study to complete?
i usse an speelchekor