6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 13, 2022, 11:11:40 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 13, 2022, 11:09:01 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 13, 2022, 07:07:43 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on May 13, 2022, 06:34:56 AM
A Queen's University professor has suggested that Britain may try to claim back the entire island of Ireland in the event of Sinn Féin leading government in both Belfast and Dublin.

In an opinion piece published by  RTE, Prof Cathal McCall, who teaches European politics and borders at Queen's, said some Tories still believe Ireland "belongs to Britain".

"After all, it was Britain's 100 [years] ago and it still holds a part of it, so why not all of it?", he added.

The author of the book Border Ireland: From Partition To Brexit, Prof McCall said opinion polls suggest "Sinn Féin will also be the unassailable victor in the next Irish general election", due to take place in 2025.

"A Sinn Féin taoiseach is in the offing for the first time in the history of the state," he said.

"What would be the British government's attitude to Sinn Féin's electoral dominance on the island of Ireland should it materialise?"

Prof McCall said that Britain could "respect the democratic decisions taken, north and south, and pledge to advance British-Irish intergovernmental cooperation with the Irish republican interlopers".

That shower of f**kers in RTÉ's wet dream.
RTÉ??
That nutcase is hired by Queens University as a professor of History, one that contemplates a scenario where Britain would wage a war against an EU member, a country they don't really give a shít about. The professor's need for attention has overwhelmed him.

Its SF facism-dont worry about it.

Shout loud enough and often enough and the sheep will listen

You're on the whiskey early today.

rrhf

I dont know. The middle ground voter is always the sway. Alliance simply were mush more positive and progressive than SDLP, and this had little to do with SF. Nationalists in the main part voted for progressive parties as they want to get on with things..
The national question helps largesse the voting numbers but I think in the main people want a better life and voted for those they feel are best placed to help.    Unionism voted differently  to prioritise the national question rather than any progressive or social improvement agenda.

Snapchap

Quote from: Main Street on May 13, 2022, 11:09:01 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 13, 2022, 07:07:43 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on May 13, 2022, 06:34:56 AM
A Queen's University professor has suggested that Britain may try to claim back the entire island of Ireland in the event of Sinn Féin leading government in both Belfast and Dublin.

In an opinion piece published by  RTE, Prof Cathal McCall, who teaches European politics and borders at Queen's, said some Tories still believe Ireland "belongs to Britain".

"After all, it was Britain's 100 [years] ago and it still holds a part of it, so why not all of it?", he added.

The author of the book Border Ireland: From Partition To Brexit, Prof McCall said opinion polls suggest "Sinn Féin will also be the unassailable victor in the next Irish general election", due to take place in 2025.

"A Sinn Féin taoiseach is in the offing for the first time in the history of the state," he said.

"What would be the British government's attitude to Sinn Féin's electoral dominance on the island of Ireland should it materialise?"

Prof McCall said that Britain could "respect the democratic decisions taken, north and south, and pledge to advance British-Irish intergovernmental cooperation with the Irish republican interlopers".

That shower of f**kers in RTÉ's wet dream.
RTÉ??
That nutcase is hired by Queens University as a professor of History, one that contemplates a scenario where Britain would wage a war against an EU member, a country they don't really give a shít about. The professor's need for attention has overwhelmed him.
He might be from QUB, but it was RTÉ who published his tripe. Goes to show that there really is no depth that RTÉ wont sink to in their attempts to scare people away from voting SF. It's laughable, really - "If you vote SF, the Brits will invade the next morning". Bizarre. How did that man become a professor!

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 13, 2022, 11:09:59 AM
SF pushed Allliance over SDLP to get full control over nationalist community, difficult times ahead now for Alliance I think

Good to see a bit of dry weather. That was a few very wet & windy days that SF caused there wasn't it, Fear?

Franko

Been saying that a long time, the nastiness against fellow nationalists(both ways) baffles me. SF pushed Allliance over SDLP to get full control over nationalist community, difficult times ahead now for Alliance I think

;D ;D

In consecutive posts no less!

You wouldn't often be mistaken for 'a thinking man' Fear

trueblue1234

Quote from: Franko on May 13, 2022, 11:36:09 AM
Been saying that a long time, the nastiness against fellow nationalists(both ways) baffles me. SF pushed Allliance over SDLP to get full control over nationalist community, difficult times ahead now for Alliance I think

;D ;D

😂😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Lets just come back on this in lets say 2 years. Alliance will be the new stoops. FACT. They will not be allowed to remain "other" in certain peoples minds. Border Poll Now!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on May 13, 2022, 11:36:09 AM

;D ;D

Im talking about strategy within nationalism and you know that.

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 13, 2022, 11:57:03 AM
Lets just come back on this in lets say 2 years. Alliance will be the new stoops. FACT. They will not be allowed to remain "other" in certain peoples minds.
Hold on, you mean SF are actively trying to beat other parties in elections??? Huge if true!

Border Poll Now!
Who's calling for a border poll now?

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2022, 09:26:18 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 13, 2022, 09:10:58 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2022, 09:05:41 AM
Let them riot and burn down their own areas and stop their own bus services. The fight isn't with catholics, its with the British government that brought in the protocol, any deviation away from that should be pulled by the media and questions by those encouraging it and those running it

Oh and its handy that its coming into marching season too :D
I'm sure they'll find some way to blame the Catholics.

If the media allow it, and at the end of the day they are controlled by in large by the government to a degree, they could spin it that way..

While it was great to see Alliance do well it would have served the Nationalists voters better had more nationalist/republican MLA's been voted in but both sets SF/SDLP have no real love for each other, which is strange because at the core of their political views is a UI...

Did they? I don't recall SF pushing anybody but themselves.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on May 13, 2022, 12:10:55 PM
Lets just come back on this in lets say 2 years. Alliance will be the new stoops. FACT. They will not be allowed to remain "other" in certain peoples minds.
Hold on, you mean SF are actively trying to beat other parties in elections??? Huge if true!

Border Poll Now!

Mary Lou as of 7th May-keep up lad. Im all for it. Just Alliance will be forced off the fence, the new STOOPS as I said

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 13, 2022, 12:23:13 PM

Border Poll Now!

Mary Lou as of 7th May-keep up lad. Im all for it. Just Alliance will be forced off the fence, the new STOOPS as I said
Didn't she say she wanted one in 5 years? Is that somehow the same thing as saying "Border Poll Now!"?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: yellowcard on May 13, 2022, 12:18:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2022, 09:26:18 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 13, 2022, 09:10:58 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2022, 09:05:41 AM
Let them riot and burn down their own areas and stop their own bus services. The fight isn't with catholics, its with the British government that brought in the protocol, any deviation away from that should be pulled by the media and questions by those encouraging it and those running it

Oh and its handy that its coming into marching season too :D
I'm sure they'll find some way to blame the Catholics.

If the media allow it, and at the end of the day they are controlled by in large by the government to a degree, they could spin it that way..

While it was great to see Alliance do well it would have served the Nationalists voters better had more nationalist/republican MLA's been voted in but both sets SF/SDLP have no real love for each other, which is strange because at the core of their political views is a UI...

Did they? I don't recall SF pushing anybody but themselves.

Over the last number of elections here in Derry they have been actively at Cumann level and at the doors encouraging a squeeze on SDLP by asking voters to give preferences to Alliance over SDLP. I worked close to SF in the community in 2019 when they encouraged this for the first time in Foyle-the ended up losing 5 council seats. They lost another 4.5% of the vote there last week locally

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on May 13, 2022, 12:26:04 PM

Border Poll Now!

Didn't she say she wanted one in 5 years? Is that somehow the same thing as saying "Border Poll Now!"?

Great. Plenty of time for Alliance to become taigs then lol

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 13, 2022, 12:29:43 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 13, 2022, 12:26:04 PM

Border Poll Now!

Great. Plenty of time for Alliance to become taigs then lol

So just for clarity, you're accepting that you were lying through your teeth when you said SF were calling for a border poll to happen now?