The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

I didn't know a club could have some (toothless) moron right on the sidelines, throwing abuse into the ears of opposition players.

Gattuso will be missed by Milan.   
But I'd still think they're well capable of scoring 2 and shut up shop in the return leg.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Main Street on February 16, 2011, 10:36:12 AM
I didn't know a club could have some (toothless) moron right on the sidelines, throwing abuse into the ears of opposition players.

Gattuso will be missed by Milan.   
But I'd still think they're well capable of scoring 2 and shut up shop in the return leg.

What could possibly have been said (considering the language barrier) to make gattuso react like that? Is it not a case the man's a weasel picking on pensioners!

Canalman

Well done Spurs...... great win last night. Modric for the 30 mins or so he was on the pitch was class. Away goal is priceless.

As for Joe Jordan, the man imo is a legend. No histrionics etc a throw back to a different time in football and a welcome one at that. Mark my words he will get the book thrown at him by UEFA for leaving the technical area or something like that.

Thought the lads on Tv3 did a great job on the commentary ............... very entertaining although no doubt the Socceristas will no doubt sneer and sniff away.

Canalman

Joe Jordan would no doubt still have some Italian from his AC Milan (believe it or not) days.

Main Street

Quote from: Canalman on February 16, 2011, 11:08:45 AM
Well done Spurs...... great win last night. Modric for the 30 mins or so he was on the pitch was class. Away goal is priceless.

As for Joe Jordan, the man imo is a legend. No histrionics etc a throw back to a different time in football and a welcome one at that. Mark my words he will get the book thrown at him by UEFA for leaving the technical area or something like that.

Thought the lads on Tv3 did a great job on the commentary ............... very entertaining although no doubt the Socceristas will no doubt sneer and sniff away.
TV3's sanctimonious brit crap does seems to resonate so well with an Irish audience, judging by the reaction here. Nasty Eyeties, the effin cheatin' foreigners,  great that 'our British boys' did so well in Europe.

Flamini's tackle was horrific, Palacios' challenge, a cm away from being a kneecap crusher, was greeted without a murmur from the intrepid commentators. Throughout the game they got most things wrong with both of them sacrificing commentary for jingoism.

Dinny Breen

QuoteFlamini's tackle was horrific, Palacios' challenge, a cm away from being a kneecap crusher, was greeted without a murmur from the intrepid commentators. Throughout the game they got most things wrong with both of them sacrificing commentary for jingoism.

That actually annoyed me as well, as Palacios' challenge was nasty and full of intent, glossed over completely with the he's a lucky boy tag. Joe Jordan also deserves a ban as there was no doubt he was a provacateur last night. Flamini's tackle was a red card no question.
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Will Flamini receive a retrospective red card? I won't hold me breathe waiting...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 16, 2011, 12:32:29 PM
Will Flamini receive a retrospective red card? I won't hold me breathe waiting...

Na they'd sooner try and retrosepctively ban Eduardo for diving than deal with weak refereeing...
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on February 15, 2011, 10:10:40 PM
Gattuso will right be banned and was acting the maggot all night. Few things though.

Why were Joe Jordan and Redknapp halfway down the sideline for the first incident? (BBC reporting it as "near the Tottenham dugout)

Secondly - Gattuso shook Redknapp's hand and then according to Sky "went straight for Joe Jordan." Who happened to be standing in the way of the entrance to the tunnel.

Souness saying he's shite - he's over the hill, but you don't win a World Cup and two Champions Leagues by being shite.

If he played against Souness he would have known all about it. I hate these fake hard men you get in soccer nowadays and Gattuso is a prime example.

Gattuso may have been decent at one stage but he's a joke now. Spurs would be better off if he was playing in the next leg, would keep a more skilful (dangerous) player off the pitch.

As for the refereeing - I don't think the stuff that was missed last night would be missed in the Premier League in England.

Boycey

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 16, 2011, 12:36:32 PM

Na they'd sooner try and retrosepctively ban Eduardo for diving than deal with weak refereeing...

Surely they can't? he was booked in the incident. Stupid as the rule is they should at least abide by their own rules.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

An Gaeilgoir

Cant be a red retrospecitively, as a yellow was issued. If he had reveived no card at all then the red could be issued after the fact.

blewuporstuffed

the two incidents for anyone who didnt see them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee8nV0kFVEY
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

paco

For those wondering about how they communicated, Gattuso stated in today's paper that Joe Jordan said something in Scottish to him which set the whole thing off. Anyone here speak Scottish?

The Gs Man

Ah ken speek a wee bit ay Scottish seein as me ma's fay Govan.
Keep 'er lit