The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Bill

Great little player on his day! Was hot and cold in his first spell with us . He didnt celebrate when he scored against us in fratton park earlier this season but you could tell that he loved spurs. Spurs arent paying as much as people think for him either. Spurs are cancelling the sell on clause and the monies owed from the Kaboul and Mendes deals so its not as if were 15m out for him either. Heard people saying that he didnt score that many goals for us. We did score 43 league goals in 88 starts and 51 sub appearance so i would be pretty happy with that again. Hopefully he can form a partnership with pav as well cause it looks like the Bent and him arent compatable as they havent played together much this season due to Modric playing behind the front man.

The scoreline flattered us last night. We were very ordinary in parts the midfield was a total wasteland especially in the 1st. Hopefully thats where the triallist Appiah will come in! Great strike by Pav, hopefully harry likes him enough to keep him. Here does anyone think that Bentley has been a pure waste of space this season? Apart from the goal against the goons there aint too many games were he has looked as been worth 17m quid. BTW Jamie O Hara was fantastic last night when introduced for him!

Billys Boots

Tottenham Hotspur negotiating loan deal with Espanyol for Steve Finnan
Dave Cohen - 8 January 2009 05:57

Tottenham Hotspur are currently holding talks with Espanyol Barcelona in an effort to bring Republic of Ireland and former Liverpool defender Steve Finnan to White Hart Lane.

The thirty-two year old Finnan has only played four matches for his new club Espanyol as he spent most of the season through injury.

It is reported from the capital that negotiations are at an advanced stage.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

cavan4ever

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 08, 2009, 09:40:49 AM
Tottenham Hotspur negotiating loan deal with Espanyol for Steve Finnan
Dave Cohen - 8 January 2009 05:57

Tottenham Hotspur are currently holding talks with Espanyol Barcelona in an effort to bring Republic of Ireland and former Liverpool defender Steve Finnan to White Hart Lane.

The thirty-two year old Finnan has only played four matches for his new club Espanyol as he spent most of the season through injury.

It is reported from the capital that negotiations are at an advanced stage.

He is a good player but is there not enough injured defenders in the squad without bringing in another

full back

Spurs are on the brink of signing Palacios from Wigan for £14 million

Norf Tyrone

Carlo Cudicini is a Lily White! Great shot stopper a few years back for the Blues, and probably the best shot stopper I have ever seen.

Tottenham have clinched the signing of Chelsea's Carlo Cudicini for around
£1 million.
Manager Harry Redknapp moved for the 35-year-old Italian after growing concerned about his goalkeepers.
First-choice Heurelho Gomes has been playing through injury and Cesar Sanchez, who is deemed sub-standard, has been allowed to join Valencia until the end of the season.

Gomes has adapted to the Premier League after an initially disastrous switch from PSV last summer, but Cudicini will provide stiff competition for the Brazilian after finally stepping out of the shadows at Stamford Bridge.
Cudicini, whose Chelsea contract ends in the summer, moved to the club 10 years ago but he has been second choice to Petr Cech since the Czech arrived in 2004.
He has only made 25 League starts in the last five seasons and has been frustrated at his place in the Chelsea pecking order.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Owenmoresider

We could have done with him tonight. f**k me it's embarrassing, deserve to lose now.

under the bar

QuoteCarlo Cudicini is a Lily White! Great shot stopper a few years back for the Blues, and probably the best shot stopper I have ever seen.

The laziest, least ambitious, money-grabbing goal-keeper ever.   Even eclipses Mark Bosnich.   If he were a civil servant he's be the one on sick-leave for 5 years with a bad back!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 21, 2009, 02:12:26 AM
Carlo Cudicini is a Lily White! Great shot stopper a few years back for the Blues, and probably the best shot stopper I have ever seen.

Tottenham have clinched the signing of Chelsea's Carlo Cudicini for around
£1 million.
Manager Harry Redknapp moved for the 35-year-old Italian after growing concerned about his goalkeepers.
First-choice Heurelho Gomes has been playing through injury and Cesar Sanchez, who is deemed sub-standard, has been allowed to join Valencia until the end of the season.

Gomes has adapted to the Premier League after an initially disastrous switch from PSV last summer, but Cudicini will provide stiff competition for the Brazilian after finally stepping out of the shadows at Stamford Bridge.
Cudicini, whose Chelsea contract ends in the summer, moved to the club 10 years ago but he has been second choice to Petr Cech since the Czech arrived in 2004.
He has only made 25 League starts in the last five seasons and has been frustrated at his place in the Chelsea pecking order.

Confirmed... but Carlo's loyalty rewarded with a free transfer.

AFS

Is Cudicini any good anymore? He's hardly played in the last 3 or 4 years. A lot seem to be remembering his performances pre-Cech's arrival at Chelsea and assuming he's still as good. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's found out in the next few weeks.

charlie stubbs

cant see the logic in chimbonda being signed.  hutton and corluka both better players.  agree cudicini may be a bit dodgy 2

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: under the bar on January 21, 2009, 11:25:46 PM
QuoteCarlo Cudicini is a Lily White! Great shot stopper a few years back for the Blues, and probably the best shot stopper I have ever seen.

The laziest, least ambitious, money-grabbing goal-keeper ever.   Even eclipses Mark Bosnich.   If he were a civil servant he's be the one on sick-leave for 5 years with a bad back!

Wha? So if you stamp your feet and ask for a move you are disloyal. If you say feck all and work hard at training, you are lazy???

QuoteIs Cudicini any good anymore? He's hardly played in the last 3 or 4 years. A lot seem to be remembering his performances pre-Cech's arrival at Chelsea and assuming he's still as good. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's found out in the next few weeks.

The jury is out. He has been average the few times he has been called into the team to replace Cech, but that's a management fault. Chelsea have a policy where-by the reserve team is used for our besy youth players to asssimilate them to first team football. Therefore generally no experienced pros feature.
However what the result is, is people coming in cold, and for a keeper that's lethal.

off the laces

Rumours this morn harry thinking off letting lennon or jenas go to liverpool plus money to bring back keane.
What would be the point of bringing keane back then letting a winger go, jenas yes but would liverpool want him, maybe as cover for stevie g for when he will be off doing abit of bird ;D ;)
Keeps 'er' straight

cavan4ever

I would hate to see Lennon leave but would hate it more if he went to liverpool.   They can have Jenas if they want.  If another stricker is needed then we should have gone for heskey and get rid of bent.  Three striker is enough while Campbell is on loan.

T Fearon

I'd welcome Robbie back, if only because I have about 6 old Spurs shirts with his name and number on  ;D

Agree though, Lennon should not be part of any deal. Either Jenas or £7m.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: T Fearon on January 28, 2009, 01:16:06 PM
I'd welcome Robbie back, if only because I have about 6 old Spurs shirts with his name and number on  ;D

Agree though, Lennon should not be part of any deal. Either Jenas or £7m.

Leave him where he is, he got his "dream" move to his boyhood club and has happeded a few times in his career he couldn't cut the mustard. As was said previously no way should Lennon be part of the deal. I never have been his biggest fan, but he swown good character lately, even taking off  his gloves for some games!