Yes
31 (67.4%)
No
8 (17.4%)
Don't care
7 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

The Real Laoislad

In my opinion it is plain ridiculous that the two fellas were banned for what by all accounts were minor incidents
Do you think the mods have gone too far and that both of these posters should be allowed back or do you think the mods were right or do you simply not care?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

venter

what does it mean to get a ban???

You cannot access the site from a certain IP address even as a guest?
You can browse the site as a guest but not log in as a member?

Why not create another username and re-instate yourself that way?

whatever about it, the giant red text from a couple of posters is annoying as f**k. Do i get a ban for swearing or a warning? I think i deserve a ban, that way i'll get a real appreciation of the meaning of a ban.

Puckoon

I agree with you venter, the giant red txt is a sore on the eye - but people must be allowed to mourn as they see fit.

As for reinstating yourself with another alias - it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. Why should they have had their identity wiped out with one press of a mouse button and have to come back again? Even if it was tolerated it wouldnt be the same. Those boys were internet personas, whose characters were honed with hours and hours hanging around this internet version of a snooker room. Mispent time maybe, but at least they entertained more than a few of us.

ONeill

I can confirm that one of the two expired posters did reinvent themselves, made a few harmless posts and yesterday received the following pm from the fuhrer:

Sorry ******, you are banned from using this forum.
*******(original name) a ban has been imposed on you.

So, whoever is in charge knows all about this who-ha.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: ONeill on March 17, 2008, 07:46:25 PM
I can confirm that one of the two expired posters did reinvent themselves, made a few harmless posts and yesterday received the following pm from the fuhrer:

Sorry ******, you are banned from using this forum.
*******(original name) a ban has been imposed on you.

So, whoever is in charge knows all about this who-ha.

I wonder how they can enforce this? Who's to say they aren't using public computers? It's frightening that they would go to so much trouble to keep them away.
Sorry about the red text in the signature btw!
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Minder

If they opened another account on their computer they should be able to come back on but you would wonder is it worth the bother now the "thought police" are running the site.........I am particularly dissappointed in GaaBoardMod3 as he said on Saturday night he was unaware of what happened but would find out and there would be a statement shortly, he is usually a fair operator.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

He is a fair operator minder, but its obvious he isnt top cat. It appears to be beyond his control.

I think we should continue to let the moderators know how we feel about this, without causing trouble or being offensive.

Minder

Quote from: Puckoon on March 17, 2008, 08:21:45 PM
He is a fair operator minder, but its obvious he isnt top cat. It appears to be beyond his control.

I think we should continue to let the moderators know how we feel about this, without causing trouble or being offensive.

I agree, surely they have some idea of the feeling of unhappiness of many posters that is twofold, of course the harsh treatment meted out to Drici and Hardstation but also that they havent had the common courtesy to back up their actions with an explanantion.

the green man

Still no word from admin on this. Surely they can't ignore the masses. Bring them back. NOW.

Minder

Maybe as it happened over a holiday weekend their absence/silence can be explained. Tomorrow will tell a tale when everyone is back at work and the place is being "policed" again.