All Ireland Gaelic Football Final 2014 Kerry v Donegal

Started by rrhf, August 31, 2014, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

JOD played rightly today but he suffered against Donegal, just as Jamie Clarke did in the quarter final, because of the Donegal system. The reason I would have Connolly as player of the year over JOD is that he managed to play well all year, including against Donegal.

imtommygunn

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 21, 2014, 09:52:57 PM
It was a fluky goal that was the difference in the 2012 Semi between Kerry & Donegal, probaly a bit of karma today with Durkans howler. Hard luck to Donegal, Kerry probaly deserving winners.

The end of the road for a few of that Donegal team maybe, Rory Kavanagh said it was going to be his last year yesterday in the Indo, 1 or 2 others will probaly follow.

Donegal beat kerry well in 2012. Was nothing to do with a fluky goal. Scoreline flattered kerry.

Disappointed for donegal as had hoped they'd win but you can't hold that little scoring threat and win an all ireland.

Old yeller

I would have Donaghy as player of the year. Kerry were dead and buried several times in  the last few weeks only for him, he had a bigger impact on the outcome of this A.I than any player in the last few years IMO. Call it flukey or whatever ya like,  he pops up in the right place at the right time. At the end of the day, its the big games that count and he has delivered when called upon

sheamy

Quote from: Hardy on September 21, 2014, 09:20:08 PM
I hate this hateful shite where the only thing people can think of to talk about in the aftermath of the game is the negative, who made faces at who else and their estimation of the character of people they don't know or have never even met. Talk about the football. All the people on the field today are decent people as far as I know and I'd want pretty convincing evidence before I'd start calling them names in public.

Spot on. Donaghy is a madman but also a real gentleman off the pitch. He has Tyrone blood so that has to be taken into consideration.

He is some bloody footballer all the same and fair play to him.

rodney trotter

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2014, 09:58:17 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on September 21, 2014, 09:52:57 PM
It was a fluky goal that was the difference in the 2012 Semi between Kerry & Donegal, probaly a bit of karma today with Durkans howler. Hard luck to Donegal, Kerry probaly deserving winners.

The end of the road for a few of that Donegal team maybe, Rory Kavanagh said it was going to be his last year yesterday in the Indo, 1 or 2 others will probaly follow.

Donegal beat kerry well in 2012. Was nothing to do with a fluky goal. Scoreline flattered kerry.

Disappointed for donegal as had hoped they'd win but you can't hold that little scoring threat and win an all ireland.

No matter how well Donegal played,they still won by 2pts in the end and it was a fluky goal that was the difference in the end.

I was hoping Donegal would win too, but they weren't good enough. McBrearty should have started

seafoid

Quote from: INDIANA on September 21, 2014, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: thebuzz on September 21, 2014, 09:45:42 PM
I hate this hateful shite where the only thing people can think of to talk about in the aftermath of the game is the negative, who made faces at who else and their estimation of the character of people they don't know or have never even met. Talk about the football. All the people on the field today are decent people as far as I know and I'd want pretty convincing evidence before I'd start calling them names in public.

All this negative crap about Donaghy. So what if he said something about Joe Brolly in the heat of the moment? If he hadn't come on and played as he did in the drawn game Kerry wouldn't even have been playing today. He is a class footballer and deserves man of the match today.

No-one disputes that. The fact that he is a complete asshole off the pitch doesn't detract from his fantastic footballing ability.
Apparently he's very nice off the pitch but unbearably arrogant when playing.

I bet some CIA agent will write a book where it is revealed that Donaghy is also Walter Walsh and that this is part of a CIA conspiracy to keep the all Irelands amongst the traditional powers and that only Joe Brolly has the key to defuse the plot, which would explain today's mysterious TV development.   Walter Walsh always wears a helmet, of course. You never see his real face.

Old yeller

Who cares what he's like off the pitch, its totally irrelevant (and mostly hearsay). What matters is that he produced the goods under extreme pressure. Its rank hypocrisy to expect him to behave above and beyond what we would all accept from our own county men. How many people on this forum actually know him personally or have had a bad experience with him? He was blowin off steam when he made the Brolly reference, and who could blame him? An unmarkable player on his day, who was the difference between Kerry winning the A.I and coming up short this year IMHO. Player of the year hands down

johnpower

Quote from: INDIANA on September 21, 2014, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: thebuzz on September 21, 2014, 09:45:42 PM

All this negative crap about Donaghy. So what if he said something about Joe Brolly in the heat of the moment? If he hadn't come on and played as he did in the drawn game Kerry wouldn't even have been playing today. He is a class footballer and deserves man of the match today.

No-one disputes that. The fact that he is a complete asshole off the pitch doesn't detract from his fantastic footballing ability.

A new low on the board

highorlow

Did jimmy mcg just forget to congratulate Kerry in his aftermath interview or does he do that for all losses?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

J OGorman

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 21, 2014, 09:40:15 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on September 21, 2014, 09:15:15 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2014, 08:59:45 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2014, 08:32:34 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 21, 2014, 08:19:53 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2014, 08:18:15 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 21, 2014, 08:10:10 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2014, 08:01:56 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 21, 2014, 07:58:46 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 21, 2014, 03:11:52 PM
Jaysus Martin Carney and that finger!!!

Kerry by 2 in a horrible game of football!
Close...

Farr, Hefo and AZ taking "delight" in a Kerry win. Sort yourselves out lads will ye, sake.

Why? I am delighted for them and their freakishly long arms. It's probably the weight of carrying Sam around all the time 😄
Delight though? Really? I could only reserve the feeling of delight for a big win for my own county (as rare as that is before you say it  ;))

I'm ambivalent to Kerry's win today..much the same if the Yankees or the Pats win another Super Bowl..

If you make a mistake as big as Durcan did today you are unlikely to win at this stage of the season by the way in my opinion..,

Yes. Delighted "for" them. Delighted for my wife, in laws and friends down there.
Hmmm...maybe I've just a heart of stone...

You must have. It's great to see Declan o sullivan going out a winner too. He deserves that.
No he does not. He's a stinking thug as was shown when he acted the gypo v Derrytresk.

Id say not too many of us wouldn't have reacted having been on the end of such vitriol as O'Sullivan was that day
One of the finest footballers in my lifetime

Whatever of Declan O'Sullivan being a dick or not - you must be taking the piss by saying he is one if the finest footballers in your lifetime.

Absolutely not

SouthDublinBro

Congrats Kerry. Hopefully we'll get a crack at you next year.

Hard luck Donegal, it appears the Dublin game was your All Ireland Final and you had nothing left the next time around. Was good to see Durcan caught out, nowhere near as good as Cluxton and never will be. He's just another Paul Hearty.

lynchbhoy

At the game so only seeing the second goal on tv now

Donaghy wasn't 13 m from the ball at the kickout
But durcan deserves it for his stupid kickout
Should have gone to specsavers type moment

Hear people giving out about the ref but think he did ok today

Donegal didn't deliver and akin to 2011 never came out of their defensive shell to actually have a go and try and win the game
Kerry midfield superb and won the game for them
Kerry also showed their all round ability to score and subtle cynical play that seems to be lacking in most modern day footballers . That's how winners play and I don't care if it's on the edge or over the edge of the rules

Donaghy not the best of players but has worked on himself and worked hard to be excellent in certain scenarios. Fair play to him. But like a lot of modern day footballers should shut the gob on the pitch .

Well done Kerry

Dublin will win it next year

INDIANA

Quote from: Old yeller on September 21, 2014, 10:13:12 PM
Who cares what he's like off the pitch, its totally irrelevant (and mostly hearsay). What matters is that he produced the goods under extreme pressure. Its rank hypocrisy to expect him to behave above and beyond what we would all accept from our own county men. How many people on this forum actually know him personally or have had a bad experience with him? He was blowin off steam when he made the Brolly reference, and who could blame him? An unmarkable player on his day, who was the difference between Kerry winning the A.I and coming up short this year IMHO. Player of the year hands down

Says a lot about where an individual's head-space is at when his first instinct after a winning an AI is to start the " i told you so".

Put up the Mark O Se interview- now that's winning with a bit of class.

imtommygunn

QuoteWas good to see Durcan caught out

Why was it good to see durcan caught out??just in case people thought he was better than cluxton??

macdanger2

Quote from: INDIANA on September 21, 2014, 10:24:55 PM
Quote from: Old yeller on September 21, 2014, 10:13:12 PM

Says a lot about where an individual's head-space is at when his first instinct after a winning an AI is to start the " i told you so".

Put up the Mark O Se interview- now that's winning with a bit of class.

Exactly, couldn't believe he was thinking about brolly minutes after playing a potentially motm game in an AIF