Six County Census Results 2021

Started by Snapchap, September 21, 2022, 09:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

22'000 Catholics in N Down - 9000 see themselves as Irish.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on September 23, 2022, 10:37:39 PM
22'000 Catholics in N Down - 9000 see themselves as Irish.

Shows you how many rich catholics living n Cultra
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

naka

Quote from: ONeill on September 23, 2022, 10:04:55 PM
A sizeable percentage of Catholics who don't see themselves as Irish was another big take from this, or prefer Northern Irish to Irish.
Chuckling our neighbours in the 26 don't see us as Irish either
Northern Irish isn't  totally indicative of a unionist slant , my two teenage kids would want a united Ireland as much as the rest of us but when in Dublin  at university they will say they are northern Irish because it's easier than trying to justify to  southern people they are Irish .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: naka on September 23, 2022, 10:51:04 PM
A sizeable percentage of Catholics who don't see themselves as Irish was another big take from this, or prefer Northern Irish to Irish.
Northern Irish isn't  totally indicative of a unionist slant , my two teenage kids would want a united Ireland as much as the rest of us but when in Dublin  at university they will say they are northern Irish because it's easier than trying to justify to  southern people they are Irish .

I've a mate who's daughter couldn't get into DCU because she wasn't Irish, she has Irish passport and was born in Ireland..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Wasn't aware of that. I'd thought saying you were 'NI' meant you were happy with the status quo but not Irish or British.

ONeill

Was thinking the same - a sad indictment on those who need...justified.

ONeill

On another note...Mid Ulster is the only area with more men than wemen. Silicon Valley?

JPGJOHNNYG

The nationality question was added at last census for this exact reason. It muddys the waters, it gives unionism something to cling onto and helps take away from the elephant in the room of a 5% decrease with each 10 yr cycle. You have the carry on of everyone claiming the 'northern irish' for themselves. To be honest I'm surprised more people didn't tick all 3 nationalities.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

We are de Gaels here in Derry city. Always a cert

ONeill

36'000 Catholics in Mid-Ulster didn't put down Irish. OK, there are the European Catholics, but those added to the non-national identity prods = 16000. So 20000 at least are not Irish. Where are these bastids?

Farrandeelin

I think it's a disgrace that RTÉ prime time couldn't be arsed mentioning it. A momentous day and overlooked by Smart Meters. I get there's an energy crisis, but f**k me you'd think they'd have a few minutes about the census results announced yesterday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 24, 2022, 12:34:28 AM
I think it's a disgrace that RTÉ prime time couldn't be arsed mentioning it. A momentous day and overlooked by Smart Meters. I get there's an energy crisis, but f**k me you'd think they'd have a few minutes about the census results announced yesterday.

Who runs RTE? They ain't interested

Eire90

do you think losing the referendum  could spark violence  aswell

Wildweasel74

They be Polish, and others of Catholic faith who don't seem themselves as Irish cause they not but all their children will be in future.

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 23, 2022, 10:54:38 PM
Quote from: naka on September 23, 2022, 10:51:04 PM

I've a mate who's daughter couldn't get into DCU because she wasn't Irish, she has Irish passport and was born in Ireland..
"I've a mate who's daughter....."    .... such bull  :D
Have you ever come across such a thing called entry criteria?
Has your mate's daughter completed the Irish Leaving certificate?  no?  then she should apply presenting her UK education credentials.

If you don't like any of this differential nonsense on this island  then put your foot forward for a United Ireland, but could it be that you are one of those who are fearful about the price of an xray in a UI?