Six County Census Results 2021

Started by Snapchap, September 21, 2022, 09:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Solo_run on September 22, 2022, 01:20:22 PM
Does this mean DUP now live in a Catholic country?

A Protestant State for a Catholic people!!

Mikhail Prokhorov

catholic/nationalist/identifying as Irish does not equal voting yes for reunification

the status quo is the only game in town for the vast majority of the north  :-[

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 12:08:36 PM
Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 11:59:09 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 11:29:57 AM
Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 10:52:44 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:45:15 AM
Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 10:39:12 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:20:02 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2022, 10:15:25 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:14:15 AM
Quote from: Pub Bore on September 22, 2022, 10:13:50 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:09:30 AM
Northern Irish-watch it grow next time, especially with SF antics

NI Only is down from 2011

I know.

I think it'll be the opposite Fear.

Hope so. Just think the last weeks behaviour with the Queens death will backfire that way-I want to be proved wrong on this.

What's the theory here?

Irish people will change their entire identity to essentially be MORE British in protest at Michelle meeting a British head of state?  ;D

You were never the sharpest Fear but this is a proper 'give yer head a shake' moment

If it isnt Aristotle himself.  What would you know about my intellect. This theory has been around in mainstream debates for a long time. A theory-you know that thing where people present philosophies etc.

Well I don't have a clue who you are so I can only judge from your posts on here

And they aren't good

And seriously?

What mainstream debates?  Who put this point across?

Debates in Mary B's on a Monday afternoon don't count

Where did i even say anyone was being more british-I only talked about the ambiguous NI identity-imagine being called stupid by a stupid person lol, ill mark you down as null and void

OK, lets walk through this.... slowly

You said the proportion of people reporting as having an 'NI only' identity would increase because Michelle met Charlie a few days ago

You considered this a negative as you said that you 'hoped to be proved wrong'

So, unless you've become a unionist, the clear inference is that this increase in 'NI only' identity would come from a decrease in those of an 'Irish only' identity

You then posited that it was a theory that had been around in mainstream debates for 'a long time' (they met last week)

And then couldn't provide details of a single other person who had made this point

Please 'mark me down' as whatever you like

But for your own safety I'd get someone else to sharpen your crayon beforehand

As your side kick Snapchat said, they have been meeting 10 years. Again I cant see where I mentioned british at any time- I bemoaned the presence of a new third national identity- a fence sitter type.

And you really havent been listening at all to mainstream media if you totally missed to how a "normalised" NI including SF cosying up to the brits(in the open for once lol) has made people more comfortable ticking the NI box.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/forget-a-united-ireland-by-teatime-the-north-now-has-three-identities-42009026.html?

Today no less

Seriously?  This is what you're going with?

Your nonsense only makes sense if you completely ignore the evidence in front of your eyes

Or, as is much more likely, you don't understand it

Snapchap

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on September 22, 2022, 02:33:27 PM
catholic/nationalist/identifying as Irish does not equal voting yes for reunification
Thank you captain obvious. It works the other way too. However they are indicators. That's the whole reason the results are headline news today.

The vast majority? Not according to opinion polls. As I posted yesterday, the most recent one in fact has only 48% of people wanting to maintain the status quo. A greater proportion (52%) are either in favour of constitutional change immediately (41%) or are undecided (11%). More interestingly, 51% of people (which actually IS a majority) said they want constitutional change in the next twenty years.

imtommygunn

Another stunning contribution from you.

HiMucker

Just seen there now proceedings against soldier F to resume! All and all it has been a bad day for political unionism.

Jeepers Creepers

Bryson having an absolute meltdown on twitter.

AustinPowers

Quote from: trailer on September 22, 2022, 10:57:52 AM
Our local parish already looking at an overflow capacity for the Chapel with all the "Catholics" expected this Sunday.

You may  get the chairs from the hall.

johnnycool

BBC "Census 2021: More from Catholic background in NI than Protestant"

Sky News "Catholics outnumber Protestants in Northern Ireland for first time since its creation"

ITV News "Catholics outnumber Protestants for first time in Northern Ireland, Census reveals"

JOB of LBC  "This, to me, feels like it could be the beginning of the end of the United Kingdom.' James O'Brien explains why Catholics outnumbering Protestants in Northern Ireland for the first time is of 'huge importance'."

Reuters UK "Northern Ireland has more Catholics than Protestants for first time"

The Times UK "More Catholics than Protestants in Northern Ireland, census shows"

Daily Mail "Historic shift for Northern Ireland as census shows Catholics outnumber Protestants for the first time since partition of the island, Megan Markle to blame"

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on September 22, 2022, 03:13:01 PM
BBC "Census 2021: More from Catholic background in NI than Protestant"

Sky News "Catholics outnumber Protestants in Northern Ireland for first time since its creation"

ITV News "Catholics outnumber Protestants for first time in Northern Ireland, Census reveals"

JOB of LBC  "This, to me, feels like it could be the beginning of the end of the United Kingdom.' James O'Brien explains why Catholics outnumbering Protestants in Northern Ireland for the first time is of 'huge importance'."

Reuters UK "Northern Ireland has more Catholics than Protestants for first time"

The Times UK "More Catholics than Protestants in Northern Ireland, census shows"

Daily Mail "Historic shift for Northern Ireland as census shows Catholics outnumber Protestants for the first time since partition of the island, Megan Markle to blame"

That catholic word again

weareros

I recall the ambigious NI identity had actually more people from a Catholic background in 2011. Anyone know if that breakdown is available yet?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2022, 03:01:24 PM

He's never been as far North as Mayo that lad, loves the Rory though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

He's not wrong.

I think we'll need the next Census results before a border poll will be called or before we have a realistic chance of winning one!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: screenexile on September 22, 2022, 04:27:04 PM

He's not wrong.

I think we'll need the next Census results before a border poll will be called or before we have a realistic chance of winning one!

Looking that way

Snapchap

Quote from: screenexile on September 22, 2022, 04:27:04 PM

He's not wrong.

He claimed the "vast majority" want to keep the status quo. That is demonstrably very much wrong.