Six County Census Results 2021

Started by Snapchap, September 21, 2022, 09:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: screenexile on September 22, 2022, 12:53:07 PM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on September 22, 2022, 11:45:21 AM
Off on a bit of a tangent here but I would love to know how many acres of land are owned by British Only and how many are owned by Irish only. I suspect it would still be very predominately BO.

Not that it's got anything to do with anything, I'd just love to know how green the map is from a physical perspective.

Can we get this onto the next census? - after all if they can ask what your orientation is surely they can ask what acres/cattle you have.

I have 0 acres.

I found this interesting. . . still hugely skewed between East and West (Except Belfast).

Have you the language breakdown

imtommygunn

Those results are a part of the reason why we, antrim, do not feature very much in top end GAA!!

yeah that is very interesting. I wouldn't have thought armagh would have that demographic but none of the rest surprise me.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2022, 01:00:18 PM
Those results are a part of the reason why we, antrim, do not feature very much in top end GAA!!

yeah that is very interesting. I wouldn't have thought armagh would have that demographic but none of the rest surprise me.
you're taking in Armagh which is pretty mixed along with the outlying areas like markethill, richhill Loughgall etc plus Banbridge as well. Not too surprising tbh

naka

Quote from: Snapchap on September 22, 2022, 12:29:06 PM
Listening to BBC Talkback. Only took around 5 or 10 minutes into the show for a caller (the first caller) to announce that todays figures are all the fault of the IRA campaign.
i blame the church

gallsman

Bin Lorry on TalkBack reckons some of the historical "problems" of the Northern Irish State have been "greatly exaggerated".

Nanderson

The one thing I hate that Jamie Bryson does is write an article for his 'unionist voices' page and then quote it on his own tweets as if it's coming from another source. Man's lost the run of himself a long time ago

smort

Quote from: gallsman on September 22, 2022, 01:12:17 PM
Bin Lorry on TalkBack reckons some of the historical "problems" of the Northern Irish State have been "greatly exaggerated".

Gob-smackingly delusional is our Ben. But his thoughts are representative of many unionists.

If/when in 10years time the `Irish only' identity, is greater than the 'British only' identity, then the game is up. And the trend is only in 1 way

Solo_run

Does this mean DUP now live in a Catholic country?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2022, 11:05:27 AM
Quote from: screenexile on September 22, 2022, 11:00:13 AM
"Wishy washy Catholics" . . .

Good turn of phrase but the more apt one is the "A la Carte Catholic" who gets married in a Chapel goes to weddings/funerals/Communions & Confirmations then not a whole pile else!!!

Who here actually identifies as being a 'proper' Catholic? and I mean proper, not that, oh I'll have that but not doing that, wee bit of this and defo not doing that?
Someone on here years ago (Ulick I think) used the term "a la carte Catholicism" - I'd say that's most people nowadays. I "represent" as Catholic but a regular attendee at a Church of Ireland service is closer to catholicism than I am!

Eire90

the aftermath of any referundum is what counts and how do you silence immature gloaters that  may spark choas

JPGJOHNNYG

Just looked at Jamie Bryson's Twitter feed for the craic ;D. The temptation to tell him and the likes of big Jim and Ben Lowry the fact that the census is already 18 months out of date!!!

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 22, 2022, 01:37:09 PM

Good turn of phrase but the more apt one is the "A la Carte Catholic" who gets married in a Chapel goes to weddings/funerals/Communions & Confirmations then not a whole pile else!!!

Who here actually identifies as being a 'proper' Catholic? and I mean proper, not that, oh I'll have that but not doing that, wee bit of this and defo not doing that?
Someone on here years ago (Ulick I think) used the term "a la carte Catholicism" - I'd say that's most people nowadays. I "represent" as Catholic but a regular attendee at a Church of Ireland service is closer to catholicism than I am!

Aye, but do you still find yourself wanting to bless yourself when driving past a Catholic Church?

imtommygunn

I do that in in one place and one place only - where I'm from originally lol.

jpgjohnnyg I actually think there'd be a reasonable shift now. I thought the last year for unionism was a disaster and that centenary and it's celebrations were very non inclusive. I think that would shift a decent number from northern irish into irish.

screenexile

Quote from: johnnycool on September 22, 2022, 01:58:41 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 22, 2022, 01:37:09 PM

Aye, but do you still find yourself wanting to bless yourself when driving past a Catholic Church?

Just got the daughters Communion programme so it looks like for the next year or so I'm a proper one!!!

gallsman

It's tribal, about community. It's obviously not 100% like for like but generally Catholic = Irish = Nationalist. We all know it. Nobody, or almost nobody, in the North is filling out a census form questioning how much they believe in or question transubstantiation.

Reality is it has long been that as well. Regardless of higher mass attendance or adherence, very few on either side ever gave the slightest shite about differing religious views of the other. Being the other side was enough without getting worked up about the fact that their churches are boring as f**k inside and they rarely take communion.