Six County Census Results 2021

Started by Snapchap, September 21, 2022, 09:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I honestly think this year has been a stinker for unionism and those NI centenary celebrations have illustrated no acceptance to work with any Irish tradition. Donaldson or Foster couldn't even just celebrate it - they just had to take a dig at nationalism.

That's why I think the NI identity will reduce. Basically, once again, the DUP are furthering the cause of a UI - or expediting a referendum significantly at the very least.

Aristo 60

Off on a bit of a tangent here but I would love to know how many acres of land are owned by British Only and how many are owned by Irish only. I suspect it would still be very predominately BO.

Not that it's got anything to do with anything, I'd just love to know how green the map is from a physical perspective.

Can we get this onto the next census? - after all if they can ask what your orientation is surely they can ask what acres/cattle you have.

I have 0 acres.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Aristo 60 on September 22, 2022, 11:45:21 AM
Off on a bit of a tangent here but I would love to know how many acres of land are owned by British Only and how many are owned by Irish only. I suspect it would still be very predominately BO.

Not that it's got anything to do with anything, I'd just love to know how green the map is from a physical perspective.

Can we get this onto the next census? - after all if they can ask what your orientation is surely they can ask what acres/cattle you have.

I have 0 acres.

I'd say there would still be a bit of British land owners in the south?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 11:29:57 AM
Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 10:52:44 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:45:15 AM
Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 10:39:12 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:20:02 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2022, 10:15:25 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:14:15 AM
Quote from: Pub Bore on September 22, 2022, 10:13:50 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:09:30 AM
Northern Irish-watch it grow next time, especially with SF antics

NI Only is down from 2011

I know.

I think it'll be the opposite Fear.

Hope so. Just think the last weeks behaviour with the Queens death will backfire that way-I want to be proved wrong on this.

What's the theory here?

Irish people will change their entire identity to essentially be MORE British in protest at Michelle meeting a British head of state?  ;D

You were never the sharpest Fear but this is a proper 'give yer head a shake' moment

If it isnt Aristotle himself.  What would you know about my intellect. This theory has been around in mainstream debates for a long time. A theory-you know that thing where people present philosophies etc.

Well I don't have a clue who you are so I can only judge from your posts on here

And they aren't good

And seriously?

What mainstream debates?  Who put this point across?

Debates in Mary B's on a Monday afternoon don't count

Where did i even say anyone was being more british-I only talked about the ambiguous NI identity-imagine being called stupid by a stupid person lol, ill mark you down as null and void

OK, lets walk through this.... slowly

You said the proportion of people reporting as having an 'NI only' identity would increase because Michelle met Charlie a few days ago

You considered this a negative as you said that you 'hoped to be proved wrong'

So, unless you've become a unionist, the clear inference is that this increase in 'NI only' identity would come from a decrease in those of an 'Irish only' identity

You then posited that it was a theory that had been around in mainstream debates for 'a long time' (they met last week)

And then couldn't provide details of a single other person who had made this point

Please 'mark me down' as whatever you like

But for your own safety I'd get someone else to sharpen your crayon beforehand

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 11:59:09 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 11:29:57 AM
Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 10:52:44 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:45:15 AM
Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 10:39:12 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:20:02 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2022, 10:15:25 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:14:15 AM
Quote from: Pub Bore on September 22, 2022, 10:13:50 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:09:30 AM
Northern Irish-watch it grow next time, especially with SF antics

NI Only is down from 2011

I know.

I think it'll be the opposite Fear.

Hope so. Just think the last weeks behaviour with the Queens death will backfire that way-I want to be proved wrong on this.

What's the theory here?

Irish people will change their entire identity to essentially be MORE British in protest at Michelle meeting a British head of state?  ;D

You were never the sharpest Fear but this is a proper 'give yer head a shake' moment

If it isnt Aristotle himself.  What would you know about my intellect. This theory has been around in mainstream debates for a long time. A theory-you know that thing where people present philosophies etc.

Well I don't have a clue who you are so I can only judge from your posts on here

And they aren't good

And seriously?

What mainstream debates?  Who put this point across?

Debates in Mary B's on a Monday afternoon don't count

Where did i even say anyone was being more british-I only talked about the ambiguous NI identity-imagine being called stupid by a stupid person lol, ill mark you down as null and void

OK, lets walk through this.... slowly

You said the proportion of people reporting as having an 'NI only' identity would increase because Michelle met Charlie a few days ago

You considered this a negative as you said that you 'hoped to be proved wrong'

So, unless you've become a unionist, the clear inference is that this increase in 'NI only' identity would come from a decrease in those of an 'Irish only' identity

You then posited that it was a theory that had been around in mainstream debates for 'a long time' (they met last week)

And then couldn't provide details of a single other person who had made this point

Please 'mark me down' as whatever you like

But for your own safety I'd get someone else to sharpen your crayon beforehand

As your side kick Snapchat said, they have been meeting 10 years. Again I cant see where I mentioned british at any time- I bemoaned the presence of a new third national identity- a fence sitter type.

And you really havent been listening at all to mainstream media if you totally missed to how a "normalised" NI including SF cosying up to the brits(in the open for once lol) has made people more comfortable ticking the NI box.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/forget-a-united-ireland-by-teatime-the-north-now-has-three-identities-42009026.html?

Today no less

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 12:08:36 PM
As your side kick Snapchat said, they have been meeting 10 years.
And it was you who said their meeting royals would lead to an increase in the "N Irish" category. Which was an odd claim to make in the minutes after seeing the hard evidence that there has been in actual fact been a decline in the number of people calling themselves "N Irish" in the ten years since SF started meeting royals.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Snapchap on September 22, 2022, 12:14:52 PM
And it was you who said their meeting royals would lead to an increase in the "N Irish" category. Which was an odd claim to make in the minutes after seeing the hard evidence that there has been in actual fact been a decline in the number of people calling themselves "N Irish" in the ten years since SF started meeting royals.

His statement makes zero sense. It was a ham fisted attempt to have a go at SF and has now tied himself in knots. Logic never Fear's strongest point.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Its a further step- a big step- a big softening of even hardline SF tweeteratti class. Watch this space.

Its a small percentage drop in a period where population grew

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 12:20:40 PM

Its a further step- a big step- a big softening of even hardline SF tweeteratti class. Watch this space.

You do understand percentages?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

thebigfella

What's Nolan got to say about the whole thing?

Snapchap

That's some straw clutching. Bottom line is you suggested SF attitudes to visiting British monarchs would lead to an increase in the proportion of people who identify as "N. Irish" only minutes after finding out that in the ten years since SF started to meet these monarchs, the proportion of people calling themselves "N. Irish" has in reality decreased.

Snapchap

Listening to BBC Talkback. Only took around 5 or 10 minutes into the show for a caller (the first caller) to announce that todays figures are all the fault of the IRA campaign.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on September 22, 2022, 12:25:22 PM

That's some straw clutching. Bottom line is you suggested SF attitudes to visiting British monarchs would lead to an increase in the proportion of people who identify as "N. Irish" only minutes after finding out that in the ten years since SF started to meet these monarchs, the proportion of people calling themselves "N. Irish" has in reality decreased.

noboby denying that was the case in 2021

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 22, 2022, 12:21:41 PM

You do understand percentages?

yes do you- we are talking a bout a few thousand less -nothing mad

screenexile

Quote from: Aristo 60 on September 22, 2022, 11:45:21 AM

I have 0 acres.

I found this interesting. . . still hugely skewed between East and West (Except Belfast).