Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2022, 10:15:25 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:14:15 AM
Quote from: Pub Bore on September 22, 2022, 10:13:50 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:09:30 AM
Northern Irish-watch it grow next time, especially with SF antics

NI Only is down from 2011

I know.

I think it'll be the opposite Fear.

Hope so. Just think the last weeks behaviour with the Queens death will backfire that way-I want to be proved wrong on this.
1. They've been greeting royals tipping the cap to the royals on visits here for the last ten years and the "N Irish" figure still dropped
2. I highly doubt that Michelle O'Neill meeting Charles last week will be at the forefront of peoples minds when they sit down to fill in a census form a decade from now.

JohnDenver

Quote from: screenexile on September 22, 2022, 09:45:39 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on September 22, 2022, 09:41:33 AM
Quick scan would have the headline figure at 46%C 43%P. To be honest I was expecting it to be about 48-42

17% with no stated religion is a fair jump from 10% last time.

You'd imagine this figure will grow. Majority of lapsed Catholic parents still getting their children baptised, and sending to a Catholic primary school, probably just as it's the done thing in the area - especially rurally.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 22, 2022, 10:22:21 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2022, 10:10:43 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 22, 2022, 10:03:20 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2022, 10:00:58 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on September 22, 2022, 09:55:17 AM
Identity - A significant drop in those regarding themselves as British only in the last ten years.

2011 - 2021
British -          40% - 31.86%
Irish -             25% - 29.16%
N. Irish (::)) -  21% - 19.78%

These are the figures that the DUP will work on

But these show the end is nigh as well. They can cling onto them for a little while longer if they wish. But they have to know that the writing is on the wall. I've waited long enough, I'm happy to wait a bit longer if we're going in the right direction.

Those are pretty damning even if they do work on them. A 15% gap down to a 2.7% gap. That's massive.I honestly think N. Irish would be down a year later too. I thought that centenary celebration stuff was extremely British and not very inclusive and will make a lot of people of a more nationalist persuasion to not call themselves northern Irish any more. Then the implications of Brexit and the toxicity round protocol stuff too.

The end is maybe nearer than we thought.

Fingers crossed. The DUP as leaders for the Unionist voice have talked themselves into a corner since 2016. The lack of long term planning by them has been surreal. Their reaction to live data has been to stick their fingers into their ears a little like EG and try and deny the direction everything is going. Surely even they can see the "what if" is increasing looking like "when" now.
That said, I can completely understand their reaction. They have little choice until the time comes when it is taken out of their hands. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyone in the Unionist sphere who is willing to stand up and say, OK, we want to remain in the union but it's increasingly looking like that may change. Therefore just in case, how do we protect our British identity in a new Ireland and how might that look?

There's bound to be a Hitler bunker, last throws of the dice video for this somewhere or in the process of being made
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:20:02 AM

I know.

Hope so. Just think the last weeks behaviour with the Queens death will backfire that way-I want to be proved wrong on this.

What's the theory here?

Irish people will change their entire identity to essentially be MORE British in protest at Michelle meeting a British head of state?  ;D

You were never the sharpest Fear but this is a proper 'give yer head a shake' moment

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2022, 10:35:00 AM
Identity - A significant drop in those regarding themselves as British only in the last ten years.

2011 - 2021

But these show the end is nigh as well. They can cling onto them for a little while longer if they wish. But they have to know that the writing is on the wall. I've waited long enough, I'm happy to wait a bit longer if we're going in the right direction.

Those are pretty damning even if they do work on them. A 15% gap down to a 2.7% gap. That's massive.I honestly think N. Irish would be down a year later too. I thought that centenary celebration stuff was extremely British and not very inclusive and will make a lot of people of a more nationalist persuasion to not call themselves northern Irish any more. Then the implications of Brexit and the toxicity round protocol stuff too.

Fingers crossed. The DUP as leaders for the Unionist voice have talked themselves into a corner since 2016. The lack of long term planning by them has been surreal. Their reaction to live data has been to stick their fingers into their ears a little like EG and try and deny the direction everything is going. Surely even they can see the "what if" is increasing looking like "when" now.
That said, I can completely understand their reaction. They have little choice until the time comes when it is taken out of their hands. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyone in the Unionist sphere who is willing to stand up and say, OK, we want to remain in the union but it's increasingly looking like that may change. Therefore just in case, how do we protect our British identity in a new Ireland and how might that look?

There's bound to be a Hitler bunker, last throws of the dice video for this somewhere or in the process of being made

They shouldn't fret, because SF are clearly saying that in a future UI they are willing to maintain links to the Royals and the old colonial empire- they are not planning for a distinct nation which "breaks all ties with England" in line with the age old republican ideals

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:40:24 AM

2011 - 2021

They shouldn't fret, because SF are clearly saying that in a future UI they are willing to maintain links to the Royals and the old colonial empire- they are not planning for a distinct nation which "breaks all ties with England" in line with the age old republican ideals

If that's what you think a new Ireland would look like then you are completely deluded

There are hundreds of thousands people who are British who want to maintain links with Britain

What's your plan for these people in your new utopia?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 10:39:12 AM

I know.

What's the theory here?

Irish people will change their entire identity to essentially be MORE British in protest at Michelle meeting a British head of state?  ;D

You were never the sharpest Fear but this is a proper 'give yer head a shake' moment

If it isnt Aristotle himself.  What would you know about my intellect. This theory has been around in mainstream debates for a long time. A theory-you know that thing where people present philosophies etc.

imtommygunn

I know.

Hmm. I think if you objectively look at things last week then SF are not the party who would have things backfire on them and that is not to provoke a SF are great of horrendous argument here.

general_lee

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:13:41 AM
Quote from: Pub Bore on September 22, 2022, 10:12:15 AM
Passports

British Only - 47% (-10.0%)
Irish Only - 27% (+8%)
Brit & Irish - 5% (+2%)

Big indicator of how many wishy washy catholics we have here
I'd have thought a wishy washy Catholic as someone who claims to be religious but doesn't actually  pray or go to mass.

Rossfan

Time for the pro UI parties and people to start outlining their vision of what an All Ireland Entity will look like. Especially including what arrangements will be made for the 6 North Eastern Counties and those of British Identity who live there.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 10:43:22 AM

2011 - 2021

If that's what you think a new Ireland would look like then you are completely deluded

There are hundreds of thousands people who are British who want to maintain links with Britain

I made no comment on what a UI would look like. Where did you read that brain box?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: general_lee on September 22, 2022, 10:47:31 AM
Passports

Irish Only - 27% (+8%)
Brit & Irish - 5% (+2%)

I'd have thought a wishy washy Catholic as someone who claims to be religious but doesn't actually  pray or go to mass.

Id never trust any catholic with a bristish passport to get us over the line-  it appears there might be quite a few out there

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:45:15 AM
Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 10:39:12 AM

I know.

What's the theory here?

If it isnt Aristotle himself.  What would you know about my intellect. This theory has been around in mainstream debates for a long time. A theory-you know that thing where people present philosophies etc.

Well I don't have a clue who you are so I can only judge from your posts on here

And they aren't good

And seriously?

What mainstream debates?  Who put this point across?

Debates in Mary B's on a Monday afternoon don't count

general_lee

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:51:05 AM
Quote from: general_lee on September 22, 2022, 10:47:31 AM
Passports

Irish Only - 27% (+8%)
Brit & Irish - 5% (+2%)

Id never trust any catholic with a bristish passport to get us over the line-  it appears there might be quite a few out there
Funny, two people I work with from n.Belfast, both would share your brand of republicanism and both have Brit passports... maybe you're onto something!

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:49:45 AM
Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 10:43:22 AM

2011 - 2021

I made no comment on what a UI would look like. Where did you read that brain box?

What nation were you talking about here then?

Barbados?