Quote from: general_lee on September 22, 2022, 10:47:31 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:13:41 AM
Quote from: Pub Bore on September 22, 2022, 10:12:15 AM
Passports

British Only - 47% (-10.0%)
Irish Only - 27% (+8%)
Brit & Irish - 5% (+2%)

Big indicator of how many wishy washy catholics we have here
I'd have thought a wishy washy Catholic as someone who claims to be religious but doesn't actually  pray or go to mass.

Id never trust any catholic with a bristish passport to get us over the line-  it appears there might be quite a few out there

;D Agree with you on this one!

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on September 22, 2022, 10:48:41 AM
Time for the pro UI parties and people to start outlining their vision of what an All Ireland Entity will look like. Especially including what arrangements will be made for the 6 North Eastern Counties and those of British Identity who live there.
Long past time. A big help will be getting Micheál Martin stepping down and getting out of the way of progress. I see he's not going to bother appearing at the big gathering in the 3 Arena to discuss this very topic. Leaders of SF, FG, SDLP, Aontú and Labour all going to be present for it. Micheál must have another Penny's to go cut the ribbon at.
https://twitter.com/IrelandsFuture/status/1572528117025214465?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

trailer

Our local parish already looking at an overflow capacity for the Chapel with all the "Catholics" expected this Sunday.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:51:05 AM
Quote from: general_lee on September 22, 2022, 10:47:31 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:13:41 AM
Quote from: Pub Bore on September 22, 2022, 10:12:15 AM
Passports

British Only - 47% (-10.0%)
Irish Only - 27% (+8%)
Brit & Irish - 5% (+2%)

Big indicator of how many wishy washy catholics we have here
I'd have thought a wishy washy Catholic as someone who claims to be religious but doesn't actually  pray or go to mass.

Id never trust any catholic with a bristish passport to get us over the line-  it appears there might be quite a few out there

Catholic? I'm sure there are plenty of non-catholics that have either a British or Irish passport

I'm actually a non practicing Catholic and didn't have my daughters christened I've distanced myself from the church a long time ago and put on the census as being identified as no religion (I think) but would vote for a UI tomorrow..

I think the main thing to concentrate on who identifies themselves as being British or Irish... Passports mean nothing I've plenty of prod friends who have them purely because of brexit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

"Wishy washy Catholics" . . .

Good turn of phrase but the more apt one is the "A la Carte Catholic" who gets married in a Chapel goes to weddings/funerals/Communions & Confirmations then not a whole pile else!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on September 22, 2022, 11:00:13 AM

Good turn of phrase but the more apt one is the "A la Carte Catholic" who gets married in a Chapel goes to weddings/funerals/Communions & Confirmations then not a whole pile else!!!

Who here actually identifies as being a 'proper' Catholic? and I mean proper, not that, oh I'll have that but not doing that, wee bit of this and defo not doing that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2022, 11:05:27 AM

Who here actually identifies as being a 'proper' Catholic? and I mean proper, not that, oh I'll have that but not doing that, wee bit of this and defo not doing that?

Rory McIlroy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on September 22, 2022, 11:07:27 AM

Rory McIlroy

Other that Irelands greatest golfer!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-62980394

Not sure why they keep talking about these Catholic people in the headlines-baffling

imtommygunn

I like it. Two fingers up to the DUP.

general_lee

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 11:17:36 AM

Not sure why they keep talking about these Catholic people in the headlines-baffling
It's hugely symbolic. Another nail in the coffin. Won't lead to anything directly but another squeaky bum moment for unionists.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 10:52:44 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:45:15 AM
Quote from: Franko on September 22, 2022, 10:39:12 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:20:02 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2022, 10:15:25 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:14:15 AM
Quote from: Pub Bore on September 22, 2022, 10:13:50 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 10:09:30 AM
Northern Irish-watch it grow next time, especially with SF antics

NI Only is down from 2011

I know.

I think it'll be the opposite Fear.

Hope so. Just think the last weeks behaviour with the Queens death will backfire that way-I want to be proved wrong on this.

What's the theory here?

Irish people will change their entire identity to essentially be MORE British in protest at Michelle meeting a British head of state?  ;D

You were never the sharpest Fear but this is a proper 'give yer head a shake' moment

If it isnt Aristotle himself.  What would you know about my intellect. This theory has been around in mainstream debates for a long time. A theory-you know that thing where people present philosophies etc.

Well I don't have a clue who you are so I can only judge from your posts on here

And they aren't good

And seriously?

What mainstream debates?  Who put this point across?

Debates in Mary B's on a Monday afternoon don't count

Where did i even say anyone was being more british-I only talked about the ambiguous NI identity-imagine being called stupid by a stupid person lol, ill mark you down as null and void

Armagh18

I'd say the vast vast majority on here would be in that category!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: general_lee on September 22, 2022, 11:27:21 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 22, 2022, 11:17:36 AM

It's hugely symbolic. Another nail in the coffin. Won't lead to anything directly but another squeaky bum moment for unionists.

Its tongue in cheek from me lad in response to others

johnnycool

Much being read into these figures and how they're being interpreted all ways but lose and if anything short term comes off it then it has to be an acceptance by political unionism that the Irish tradition and culture is amongst them and if anything to prolong the union then it's better to accept that and work with that tradition than deny it's existence.

I think that's beyond them and they'll continue to back themselves in a corner until the inevitable comes in a UI and they'll gurn that no one is listening to them when they're the worst in the world for ignoring the reality around them.