Retirements

Started by Maroon Manc, July 09, 2018, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: An Watcher on November 13, 2023, 01:24:22 PMAm I correct in thinking he didn't win the All Ireland with Armagh but played in the 2003 All Ireland that tyrone won?

I think 2004 was his first year with Armagh and won Young player of the year in 2005.

A great player. Always enjoyed watching him play. You'd think he will be Cross manager in the next few years.

Applesisapples

AK was one of the finest footballers to come out of Armagh. He had the perfect posture. His vision for a pass was unreal. All round class footballer.

SaffronSports

Quote from: square_ball on November 13, 2023, 01:26:07 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on November 13, 2023, 01:24:22 PMAm I correct in thinking he didn't win the All Ireland with Armagh but played in the 2003 All Ireland that tyrone won?

I think 2004 was his first year with Armagh and won Young player of the year in 2005.

A great player. Always enjoyed watching him play. You'd think he will be Cross manager in the next few years.

Yeah 2004 was his first year with Armagh but he didn't really breakthrough until 2005 because I googled it to see how long he had been playing while watching the game on Saturday evening.

Brendan

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2023/11/27/news/cahair_o_kane_the_two_seans_legendary_21-year_spell_with_eoghan_rua_will_never_be_repeated-3804141/?fbclid=IwAR3JBoah8ty3gJyOagwigKUYXc3wLPgN2WzZsEUyvHSaSQzp2QUILhAlPP4

Sean McGoldrick going into retirement, big boots to fill in that club, felt like he has a hand in managing all their underage teams in both codes, always seemed to be on the Sideline no matter the occasion

Wildweasel74

Men on the go along time, remember playing fball against the pair of them before they started management.

marty34

Two prpoer legends.

Happy retirement but Sean Mc G will probably still take the underage teams.

FermGael

Sounds like he may be done.
Has carried Fermanagh from a scoring point of view for over a decade.
An outrageous talent who always played the game with a smile on his face .

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2023/11/30/news/sean_quigley_fermanagh_return_probably_very_unlikely_-3814238/?param=ds441rif44T&fbclid=IwAR1p_jWj7L5dt3ZBrx77HLsrIXONGo7f70pWHyLE1Qt3Bv_F-7x9E6v2yLM
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

square_ball

Who was better - him or Seamie?

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Wildweasel74

Funny, I said the Seamus lad was the best, but not great in the attitude dept.

toby47

Looked at a stage Seamie was gonna be the better of the 2. But hard to argue that case now after what sean done for Fermanagh over the years while Seamie went to pot.

Some high scoring years and an All Star nomination too. Scored 1-8 v Dublin in 2015 All Ireland Quarter Final.

Sean done an interview last season where he said he'd like to do nets the way GAA has gone. I actually thought it would have been a good idea for Fermanagh as he was used as an impact sub at stages last year.

intheknowhow

Quote from: square_ball on November 30, 2023, 10:19:24 PMWho was better - him or Seamie?

Seamie by a mile with natural talent. Seen him kick frees with both feet, off the ground, sidelines you name it...

Some soccer player too

Derry Optimist

Always enjoyed the skillsets of Fermanagh's Seamus and Sean Quigley. They always reminded me of their talented namesake, Felix Quigley, who played for Down in the mid sixties.As far as I know he was a native of Roslea but qualified to play for Down when he moved to Dromara! Was Felix related to Seamus and Sean?

Gael85

Brendan Harrison Mayo officially retired. He hadn't played for a couple years?

toby47

Quote from: Gael85 on December 02, 2023, 11:08:03 PMBrendan Harrison Mayo officially retired. He hadn't played for a couple years?

yeah he was completely dogged with injuries. Was a great defender on his day, won an all star i'm near sure?