China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 30, 2020, 02:37:23 PM
Milltown cases are going up in America but deaths are going down. Would it not make sense for younger ones to get it now in the summer months. Little or no kids die from the virus. Imagine testing every kid that had influenza? Jesus we would be up to 3/4000 per day alone in kids for a few .
Anyone with symptoms are getting tested. Anyone with influenza symptoms in normal time told to stay in the house

Deaths are going down for now.

Let's see where we are when the lag period between the current new spate of infections and the disease running its course in people elapses.

J70

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 30, 2020, 02:15:56 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 30, 2020, 10:01:47 AM
I don't think the Americans care about it to be totally honest. I know a few fellas over there from my time and locking it down European style is laughed at.

Economy first, can't let the Chinese gobble up our ports on the cheap.

Tbf to the Americans, I don't think they don't have the same social security system we have over here so I'd say many people are largely on their own financially during lockdown. Any of the US based posters know what support your average Joe gets during lockdown? Or is it state dependent?

Its state-dependent, and varies wildly.

The feds have been topping it up with $600/week, but that is due to expire at the end of July, unless they renew it.

You don't get to stay on unemployment benefits forever either.

Cunny Funt

Good to see Ireland with one of the lowest numbers in Europe.

armaghniac

Sweden not great in that map, they'll not be going to the Med on holiday.

Meanwhile, almost 5000 cases in Arizona in one day, with 20% of tests proving positive.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/01/travel-quarantine-uk-air-bridges-countries-latest-news/

Global tourism revenues are expected to fall by up to $3.3 trillion due to COVID-19 restrictions, with the United States standing to lose the most, according to a U.N. study published on Wednesday.

The 'COVID-19 and Tourism' report released by The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) is based on three scenarios for the industry, with lockdown measures lasting 4 months, 8 months and 12 months.

In those scenarios, revenues would fall $1.17 trillion, $2.22 trillion and $3.3 trillion respectively or between 1.5-4.2 percent of the world's gross domestic product (GDP).

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Smurfy123

Doesn't seem to be many cases with the GAA back
1 week back and no alarm bells at present
Good sign
Hopefully it continues that way.

armaghniac

This dose will show no symptoms for at least a week. We'll see the effects in a week or two.

Square Ball

With Leicester on a local lockdown and talk about pillar 2 results, what is pillar 2
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on July 01, 2020, 11:09:33 PM
This dose will show no symptoms for at least a week. We'll see the effects in a week or two.

The more important news is after Helens Bay carry on and the BLM protests (which may or may not have been distanced, from what I seen they were not...) there looks to be no spike. Very promising.

imtommygunn

At present I am not convinced it is particularly prevalent in the population to be spreading about even in mass groups. I think once travel etc opens up that is when the bigger danger is. That said it only takes one at one of these mass groupings and personally I will be steering clear of them...

Smurfy123

Day in day in America and the weekly average death toll is dropping at a quick pace
What is that telling us?
More cases week in week and deaths dropping?
Better understanding of the virus?
Younger people getting it?
Thoughts?

armaghniac

High deaths are caused by hospitals getting overrun and nursing homes. Any place where they keep it out of nursing homes will have less deaths. And places in the southern US will benefit from experience in New England. However, the large increase in cases will mean many deaths for weeks to come.

GetOverTheBar

Out of interest, is anyone who has commented on this thread going off on holidays this summer?

Rossfan

Not leaving the Country this year or going near trains, buses or planes.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

I might go to scotland on the boat but get a cabin to avoid any masses though I doubt there'll be any,