China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on July 07, 2020, 01:58:55 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 07, 2020, 09:50:58 AM
I see the tracing app is now live. I downloaded it this morning.
https://www.covidtracker.ie/
Ditto

How does it work? Say I go to the shop and someone in the shop has it will I get a notification?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

Bolsanaro is Brazil has the virus, let's see if he believes in it now.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

Sweden now with 2 people in ICU
Deaths are almost zero a day
Testing is away up from what they were testing 2 months ago
Hospital admissions away down
Testing positive reminds the same
What does that tell us?
They now know how to deal with patients?
Or
Younger ones getting it? As not many going into hospital with it anymore

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 07, 2020, 06:23:51 PM
What does that tell us?
Or

Might have mutated to a weaker strain perhaps?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 07, 2020, 06:26:00 PM
What does that tell us?
Or

i think thats the most likely.. i asked my relative (dr) a question yesterday regarding better treatment and she said treatment hasnt advanced much.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on July 07, 2020, 06:30:22 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 07, 2020, 06:26:00 PM
What does that tell us?
Or

i think thats the most likely.. i asked my relative (dr) a question yesterday regarding better treatment and she said treatment hasnt advanced much.

Treatment hasn't advanced much, but with a bit of this and a bit of that the death rate may still have halved. The real difference is that there are now fairly effective measures in nursing homes and the like. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on July 07, 2020, 05:32:00 PM

Might go the other way, he might brush it off and strengthen his resolve.

imtommygunn

Hasn't done much for Boris either.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 07, 2020, 03:48:52 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 07, 2020, 01:58:55 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 07, 2020, 09:50:58 AM
I see the tracing app is now live. I downloaded it this morning.
https://www.covidtracker.ie/
Ditto

How does it work? Say I go to the shop and someone in the shop has it will I get a notification?

QuoteThe app uses the phone to send out Bluetooth signals, which are acknowledged by other phones (which have the app) and stored for two weeks. If you test positive for Covid-19, you can then kick off a contact tracing process. As part of that process, the contact tracing person you're dealing with will ask whether you'll allow your phone's signal bank to alert others you've been in close proximity to. If you agree, you get a code, you enter it and then other phones with the app, which have been in close proximity to you over the last 14 days, will get an alert to say they were in close contact with someone who now has Covid-19.

sid waddell

Quote from: trailer on July 06, 2020, 01:29:40 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 06, 2020, 01:23:43 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 05, 2020, 08:24:33 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on July 05, 2020, 08:18:53 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 05, 2020, 07:19:47 PM
Ross coming out with that line
Very predictable
Try telling that too zzzzzz
Try telling the lockdown wasn't needed to the young and healthy who have now lost jobs businesses lives and much more

A family member is a doctor and works with covid patients (also had covid), i relayed some of your posts to her and whats she thinks of you i couldn't post on here, put mildly she shares none of your opinions.
To be fair, she'd only be marginally more informed than Ashley Cole on this matter.

Other doctors are advising today through the Telegraph that there could be an additional 35k cancer deaths this year in the UK, due to missed and cancelled tests during Corona.

Personally I don't think any group should have a platform to promote their wild, panic inducing theories  until there is genuine evidence to back up their numbers. It's scaremongering and it's shit.

But let's assume for a few seconds that they're even half right. How do the "close everything down, and keep it closed" wing of Covid analysts feel about this? There was always going to be a medical trade off for the measures taken to control Covid. Given that these people feel completely justified to condemn the actions of any individual who doesn't follow rigid guidelines, would someone who finds out today that they've had cancer spreading for the past 3 months, be within their rights to condemn these people back?

Some people wouldn't be happy unless everything was closed for an eternity, everyone had lost their job and we were all eating wild berries and drinking our own urine.
Lockdown Fascists.
I imagine the wobbler will go nuts when he sees this post.

Oh wait, he didn't.

Funny that!

sid waddell

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 07, 2020, 09:18:17 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 07, 2020, 05:32:00 PM

Might go the other way, he might brush it off and strengthen his resolve.
Hopefully for Brazil's sake he gets a right dose of it.

sid waddell

Right-wing America is being led by donkeys

Tucker Carlson March 2020

"Of course, masks work," he said. "Everyone knows that. Dozens of research papers have proved it. In South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, the rest of Asia -- where coronavirus has been kept under control -- masks were key."

Tucker Carlson July 2020

Tucker Carlson says masks and social distancing "have no basis of any kind in science. It's like a kind of bizarre health theater"

thewobbler

Quote from: sid waddell on July 08, 2020, 01:30:40 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 06, 2020, 01:29:40 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 06, 2020, 01:23:43 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 05, 2020, 08:24:33 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on July 05, 2020, 08:18:53 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 05, 2020, 07:19:47 PM
Ross coming out with that line
Very predictable
Try telling that too zzzzzz
Try telling the lockdown wasn't needed to the young and healthy who have now lost jobs businesses lives and much more

A family member is a doctor and works with covid patients (also had covid), i relayed some of your posts to her and whats she thinks of you i couldn't post on here, put mildly she shares none of your opinions.
To be fair, she'd only be marginally more informed than Ashley Cole on this matter.

Other doctors are advising today through the Telegraph that there could be an additional 35k cancer deaths this year in the UK, due to missed and cancelled tests during Corona.

Personally I don't think any group should have a platform to promote their wild, panic inducing theories  until there is genuine evidence to back up their numbers. It's scaremongering and it's shit.

But let's assume for a few seconds that they're even half right. How do the "close everything down, and keep it closed" wing of Covid analysts feel about this? There was always going to be a medical trade off for the measures taken to control Covid. Given that these people feel completely justified to condemn the actions of any individual who doesn't follow rigid guidelines, would someone who finds out today that they've had cancer spreading for the past 3 months, be within their rights to condemn these people back?

Some people wouldn't be happy unless everything was closed for an eternity, everyone had lost their job and we were all eating wild berries and drinking our own urine.
Lockdown Fascists.
I imagine the wobbler will go nuts when he sees this post.

Oh wait, he didn't.

Funny that!

Is there something I missed?