Kerry v Donegal

Started by twohands!!!, March 12, 2015, 08:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Aye - three awful wides in the 60th minute will prove costly it seems.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

twohands!!!

Kerry made fairly hard work of the win in the end - all felt a bit phoney-warish.

Kerry in with a fair-shot at the semis while Donegal can't forget about the relegation issue yet.

theticklemister

Great game of football, boy i love Bryan Sheehan

twohands!!!

Pat Spillane said Donegal had 9 players over 30 - that surely can't be right can it?

rodney trotter

They have a few,

Gallagher, McFadden,Karl Lacey, Paul Durkan,  Eamon McGee, Christy Toye, any others?

twohands!!!

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 15, 2015, 08:11:24 PM
They have a few,

Gallagher, McFadden,Karl Lacey, Paul Durkan,  Eamon McGee, Christy Toye, any others?

Don't think there are any others - think it was just Pat chatting nonsense. The younger McGee wouldnt be far off 30 by now and Thompson I'd imagine isn't that far off it.

I knew the age profile wasnt great in the Donegal squad but 9 over 30 would be just ludicrous.

Seamus

Durcan, Eamon McGee, Lacy, Thompson, Gallagher, Toye, McFadden, Walsh all over 30. Neil McGee 30 this year. Pat not too far off.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

rodney trotter

Thompson wouldn't be. He is 28. 29 this year

Marc O Se, Galvin, Cooper, Aidan O Mahony, Brian Sheehan 30 this year, Donnacha Walsh, Donaghy, Kerry would have a few on their panel too.

JoG2

Just watched a recording of the match. Sheehan is some talent and Buckley put in a masterclass.
McBrearty is up there with the best corner forwards in the game
St Michael gets away with alot!

Seamus

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 15, 2015, 10:27:46 PM

Marc O Se, Galvin, Cooper, Aidan O Mahony, Brian Sheehan 30 this year, Donnacha Walsh, Donaghy, Kerry would have a few on their panel too.

Is Leon Thompson gone from the panel?

I would be shocked if Galvin makes the Kerry panel. Marc and Aidan O'Mahony may struggle as well and Gooch's injury recovery is still in the unknown category.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

J70

Quote from: JoG2 on March 15, 2015, 10:33:24 PM
Just watched a recording of the match. Sheehan is some talent and Buckley pit in a masterclass.
McBrearty is up there with the best corner forwards in the game
St Michael gets away with alot!

He is also on the receiving end of a lot of abuse.

J70

Quote from: Seamus on March 15, 2015, 10:41:36 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on March 15, 2015, 10:27:46 PM

Is Leon Thompson gone from the panel?

I would be shocked if Galvin makes the Kerry panel. Marc and Aidan O'Mahony may struggle as well and Gooch's injury recovery is still in the unknown category.

Leon Thompson hasn't featured in a league or championship game, as far as I remember, for at least six or seven years.

Was very promising in his youth, especially in '06, until he got a bad injury.

Think he might have been back on the panel occasionally.

Seamus

Paddy McBrearty is a Rolls Royce of a forward, why he was left on the bench for 50 minutes of last year's All Ireland is one of football's mysteries.

J70

Quote from: Seamus on March 15, 2015, 11:07:23 PM
Paddy McBrearty is a Rolls Royce of a forward, why he was left on the bench for 50 minutes of last year's All Ireland is one of football's mysteries.

He was poor in games he started last season. came off the bench in the Ulster final and that seemed to wake him up. Played well off the bench for the rest of the season.

joemamas

Compared to some of the fare that is being passed of as football year. I thought this was a very good whole hearted game. I would watch games like that every day of the week.
The ref whoever he was, deserves a pat on the back, I thought he was very good/sensible.