Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 19, 2007, 01:55:22 PM
When's the last time Armagh played an AWAY match in the championship folks not including Monaghan in Clones?
How do they normally do when away from home?
I remember some great games in Omagh back in the 80's with the two Grimley sisters and big Houley.

Its only April but I think I can smell Orange fear already and a whole list of excuses getting ready.

"They're all out to get us brigade and we're not over the hill really"
"We've got the BEST & Biggest support in the land"

"We've got WAN All-Ireland to our name but dont think we are respected enuf"

Watch out for the Tinnies in Strabane as they guide you into Tir Connaill

Cant wait to see how Devenney does this year against that Armagh strong FB line
Donegal are a much bigger more direct team this year I believe

Yes, because after that pile of sh1te you just spouted we are worried what you believe ::)

The Bottom Brick

Quote"What we are trying to do is to accommodate our supporters who want to go to Ulster Championship matches and particularly families," Brady told BBC Sport

Fair enough, but nobody will stick up for Armagh in this instance because of all the drunken scumbags who come to Clones every year, a lot of whom don't even go to matches.

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

Goats Do Shave

How did ye get on setting up you Dublin Tyrone Supporters Club ye feckn eejit!!!

A better Question would be...when is the last time Armagh had a home game!!!!!!!!!?????

If your counting Clones as our home ground, then Croker might as well be included too eh??

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 19, 2007, 01:38:42 PM
corn I also agree that times have changed but as it stands the home fixture rule stands, so it should in my view be honoured until such times as it has been done away with.

J70, there is no doubt that is also the case but I think it is easier to make the charge that Donegal are afraid to play in Clones

So if it had stayed in Clones, we could have said that Armagh were afraid to play us in Ballybofey?

Personally, I hope this idea that Donegal are afraid to play Armagh anywhere else is trumpeted from the rooftops for the next month!

Scream away boys!

Candyman

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on April 19, 2007, 02:01:44 PM
Fair enough, but nobody will stick up for Armagh in this instance because of all the drunken scumbags who come to Clones every year, a lot of whom don't even go to matches.
Your an awful buckbag, every county has its fair share of clowns who have no interest in games and show up the rest of the county... >:(

Rma13

Fuzzman, I'm presuming the "back door" still counts as "the Championship"!, if so we had quite a few AWAY matches in 2003 after Monaghan beat us in the first round of the Ulster Championship.  I think if I remember correctly we must have done quite well in those AWAY matches as we made it back to the AI Final that year!

Armamike

QuoteWe've got WAN All-Ireland to our name but dont think we are respected enuf"

You're mixing us up with Derry. Do you not know your dialects?
That's just, like your opinion man.

heganboy

"The armagh boys think we're afraid of them"
Aye, we are boss...

In fairness you owe us one, maybe next year :-)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

I think it was a mistake switching it back and forwards between Clones and Ballybofey - sounds to me like the Ulster Council couldn't run a bath.

Whilst I'm not overly happy with it being played in a smaller ground, the real disgrace, of course, is that the stadium at Long Kesh will be ready before any revamping of the Athletic Grounds starts.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Its an added bit of hassle ticket wise but hopefully the poeple that were at the league matches should be ok. I can see where both countys are coming from on this one. Thought Brenfi Park might have been a decent compromise - bigger capacity but it isn't effectively Armagh's "home" ground. Add it a proviso that any replay would be in Ballybofey and I would have thought it was a iiar enough compromise. Still the decisions made so its off to Donegal.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

stew

The GAA must feel that now with the lolly rolling in from the rugger buggers and the soccer crowd they can go back to the mickey mouse days of holding big games in small arenas thus hurting the  players and supporters who are only the life blood of the Organization, believe me, watching games on TV does not compare to watching them in person and this decision is a backward one.

Donegal havent been able to beat us in quite some time, we are their bogey team and I still think we will beat them come May and I see us scoring 3-11 to their 1-14. ;D

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Datsun Donaghy

conFUZZedMAN

When's the last time Armagh played an AWAY match in the championship folks not including Monaghan in Clones?
How do they normally do when away from home?
I remember some great games in Omagh back in the 80's with the two Grimley sisters and big Houley.

Its only April but I think I can smell Orange fear already and a whole list of excuses getting ready.

"They're all out to get us brigade and we're not over the hill really"
"We've got the BEST & Biggest support in the land"

"We've got WAN All-Ireland to our name but dont think we are respected enuf"

Watch out for the Tinnies in Strabane as they guide you into Tir Connaill

Cant wait to see how Devenney does this year against that Armagh strong FB line
Donegal are a much bigger more direct team this year I believe

Maybe Joe will field an Under-21 team against Donegal to save the over the hill boys for the second round! Alternatively he might moan about having too many injuries and no "conveyor belt of talent".

but I don't think so :o :o :o :o :o

balladmaker

Firstly, I agree with the decision to have the game in Ballybofey. 

Secondly, to put the game in context.....it is the first round of a 'devalued' Ulster Championship.  Sad, but true.  The back door has seen to it that the Ulster is no longer the be all and end all for those teams who have realistic aspirations comes September. 

Draws permitting, Donegal and Armagh will both be around at the business end of the championship i.e. Q/Finals and beyond.

In a strange sort of way, I believe the decision to reverse the original venue decision could very well work against Donegal.  It's a bigger game for Donegal than it is for Armagh at this stage.

Armagh4SamAgain

Any crack abot tickets?? It will be hard to get them for every one who wants to go.If Ballybofey only holes 20,ooo Armagh coud fill that on are own. Maybe even Donegall coud after winning on Sunday.
It shoud never have be moved to Donegal at all. Its too hard to get to and the roads are shite. Clones is your only man to be fare to all the fans and supporters. or casement r Croker for the final. The ulster council need to think of the distances fans have to travel in buses over bad roads an sum supporters that go every match wont get in after a long jorney from hell.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Donagh

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on April 26, 2007, 11:52:56 AM
It shoud never have be moved to Donegal at all. Its too hard to get to and the roads are shite.

Take the Clady shortcut and you'll be grand A4S.