Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Canalman on August 04, 2012, 11:40:53 PM
Hopefully we can pull out a performance like we did last year v Tyrone or otherwise we will lose by double digits.Worryingly alot of lads have yet to find form and at least there is now a month to either shape up or ship out.
Getting to an AIF should be motivation enough but maybe the  younger lads should be shown some of the  gravedancing tv interviews post the 2006 game to give them that little bit of extra incentive at training.

All in all not the worst way to win a 1/4 final game.

Lets not be silly about this. See what Paddy Power says in the morning. We will need to be a double digit team better to win imo.

Syferus

Quote from: Canalman on August 04, 2012, 11:40:53 PM
Hopefully we can pull out a performance like we did last year v Tyrone or otherwise we will lose by double digits.Worryingly alot of lads have yet to find form and at least there is now a month to either shape up or ship out.
Getting to an AIF should be motivation enough but maybe the  younger lads should be shown some of the  gravedancing tv interviews post the 2006 game to give them that little bit of extra incentive at training.

All in all not the worst way to win a 1/4 final game.

Ah yeah, sure Dublin, the perma-hyped All-Ireland champions, will be the ones with the chips on their shoulders. Of course.

magpie seanie

Mayo have a huge chance here. It's nearly hard to believe, based on their performances, that Dublin or Mayo will be in the All-Ireland final. I think Dublin are there for the taking but maybe Mayo's forwards, without Moran, will be easy to contain (i.e. stop Alan Dillon). Goals could decide this one. Mayo had a lot of goal chances against us but a combination of good defending and wrong option taking meant they converted none. Down's defence is simply pathetic so you can't read a lot into today.

ross4life

As long Mayo the handle the hype that comes from a big win they should reach another final but i still think the All Ireland winner is on the other side of the draw.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Lar Naparka

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 05, 2012, 12:48:01 AM
Mayo have a huge chance here. It's nearly hard to believe, based on their performances, that Dublin or Mayo will be in the All-Ireland final. I think Dublin are there for the taking but maybe Mayo's forwards, without Moran, will be easy to contain (i.e. stop Alan Dillon). Goals could decide this one. Mayo had a lot of goal chances against us but a combination of good defending and wrong option taking meant they converted none. Down's defence is simply pathetic so you can't read a lot into today.

Ok. What more did Mayo need to do to make it more believable?

An AI apearance still a big ask but we ve jumped the hurdles in front of us so far. The top 3 are on the other side but ......

And that is the same pathetic Down defense that pundits like Banty and Eamonn O Hara were confident about being good enough a few nights ago. I dunno.

Jell 0 Biafra

Dublin will be a different animal against Mayo.  Alan will be back, Bernard is unlikely to have two such poor games in a row, and Dublin respect Mayo more than they do Laois (from bitter experience).   I wouldn't read too much into either team's performance today.

the Deel Rover

Sure we will probably turn up for the game anyway but having watched a recording of the dublin v's Laois game and having listened to Brolly and O'rourke you would wonder why bother. Jesus the lack of respect they give counties and players is unreal, there they were talking at 1/2 time saying that Mayo probably wouldn't be strong enough to Beat Dublin and this with Laois only 2 points behind. We have nothing to fear, as usual no one gives us respect when we put in a great performance, all that i have heard is that this is a poor Down team yet a couple of weeks ago people were saying how they put it up to Donegal for40-45 minutes.Dublin will be favourites the stadium be be full and the atmosphere should be great roll on the semi-final.Fair play to James and his back room team 2 Connachts's,2 All Ireland semi's and a league Final appearance show the progress that we have made since the John o' Mahony era. On a sidenote do ye reckon it will be hard to get tickets ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 05, 2012, 02:16:06 AM
Dublin will be a different animal against Mayo.  Alan will be back, Bernard is unlikely to have two such poor games in a row, and Dublin respect Mayo more than they do Laois (from bitter experience).   I wouldn't read too much into either team's performance today.

In fairness it will be Mayo and Dublin's biggest test this season. Both had easy provincial wins and handier quarter final draws!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 05, 2012, 08:30:43 AM
Sure we will probably turn up for the game anyway but having watched a recording of the dublin v's Laois game and having listened to Brolly and O'rourke you would wonder why bother. Jesus the lack of respect they give counties and players is unreal, there they were talking at 1/2 time saying that Mayo probably wouldn't be strong enough to Beat Dublin and this with Laois only 2 points behind. We have nothing to fear, as usual no one gives us respect when we put in a great performance, all that i have heard is that this is a poor Down team yet a couple of weeks ago people were saying how they put it up to Donegal for40-45 minutes.Dublin will be favourites the stadium be be full and the atmosphere should be great roll on the semi-final.Fair play to James and his back room team 2 Connachts's,2 All Ireland semi's and a league Final appearance show the progress that we have made since the John o' Mahony era. On a sidenote do ye reckon it will be hard to get tickets ?

Tickets will easily got, won't be a sell-out.

Mayo have shown a fantastic consistency over the last couple of years yet the nature of GAA analysis is to look at the present for a sound byte and then judge a county by their tradition and their history. It's why counties like Mayo, Kildare, Donegal, don't get the respect they deserve whereas counties like Kerry, Dublin, Galway, Meath even Down are looked upon as the saviours of Gaelic football, just look at the ridiculous hype that followed Meath after one win.

If Kildare lose today, which is probable I really hope Mayo shown their worth on the national stage and rewrite their perceived history and culture.
#newbridgeornowhere

galwayman

Any word on Moran's injury?
I honestly think Mayo will beat the Dubs in the semi.
They were extremely impressive yesterday.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 05, 2012, 08:30:43 AM

+1

Almost sick to death this stage at the valiance and pedestals that teams are being put on that dublin are beating, so called better teams have fallen at the 1/4s having previously won the all ireland .......................... I think the lads should stand tall and be proud at there achievements thus far, applying both to mayo and us dubs

This semi will sell out

Hardy

Dublin v Mayo       8/15   15/2   15/8

Mayo4Sam

Probably realistic odds. Dublin will be raring to go after the hammering they took in castlebar.
For my money they're the second best team in the country after cork and it's all about the squad, serious strength in depth, exactly like cork. Our forwards are still a work in progress, hot one day cold the next, Andy will be a huge loss.
Can't wait for this but I don't expect a win.
Anyone know what date this will be on?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 05, 2012, 12:41:01 PM
Probably realistic odds. Dublin will be raring to go after the hammering they took in castlebar.
For my money they're the second best team in the country after cork and it's all about the squad, serious strength in depth, exactly like cork. Our forwards are still a work in progress, hot one day cold the next, Andy will be a huge loss.
Can't wait for this but I don't expect a win.
Anyone know what date this will be on?

Yeah, odds are spot on! Dublin are All-Ireland Champions and unbeaten in the championship since they lost to Cork (who went on to win AI) by a point in 2010. Mayo are still building (as such) and with Andy out we have our work cut out!