AI Football Final 2010: An Corcaigh vs An Dún

Started by under the bar, August 23, 2010, 02:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John o connor

Hats off to Cork best team on the day won , also the gesture by our players , management and backroom team at full time was a fantastic touch .
Now to next year , div 1 experience will do us the world of good and hopefully James can bring in another few young players to add to the squad . Big ambrose , Howard , duffin and Hannah amongst others will make the fight for places interesting but it's a great headache to have .
So glad Marty has confirmed his intentions too ! So thank you everyone involved from wee James right down to kit men , 2010 has lifted the hopes of our proud county we are on the right track and are doing it the Down way ! To all the posters who have been so negative about us this year (Clarke 's 1 at year , wee James 1st year ) the giant is stirring , the swagger is back , DOWN are back !!!!!!

Sportacus

Would McKernan do a bit of sledging?  He seemed to be mouthing at Kerrigan all day. I wouldn't be a fan of that. Fine footballer though.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Rossfan on September 21, 2010, 08:03:04 PM
Ye sad clowns have little to be worrying about.
Cyril Kavanagh is his name and he's eentitled to follow Cork anywhere and dress  how he likes.
As for saying he's the opposte of what the GAA is about ........ Jesus help !!!!

Jaysus he's like a little child, always in the background hanging on to every word his hero's say, it's bad enough when the "childer" do that at post match interviews. 99% of us are happy to let the lads get on with it and give them their space, that gimp seems to live in their pockets & is more interested in promoting himself and Paddy Power than anything else. Jaysus any of us would be craining our necks/standing on seats to get a glimpse of an AI presentation, that gimp was more interested in waving his hat around to let us all know where he was, where's Wally indeed.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 22, 2010, 09:34:32 AM
Cyril Kavanagh is his name and he's eentitled to follow Cork anywhere and dress  how he likes.
As for saying he's the opposte of what the GAA is about ........ Jesus help !!!!

Jaysus he's like a little child, always in the background hanging on to every word his hero's say, it's bad enough when the "childer" do that at post match interviews. 99% of us are happy to let the lads get on with it and give them their space, that gimp seems to live in their pockets & is more interested in promoting himself and Paddy Power than anything else. Jaysus any of us would be craining our necks/standing on seats to get a glimpse of an AI presentation, that gimp was more interested in waving his hat around to let us all know where he was, where's Wally indeed.

I think I seen him coming into The Hill, right behind the goals, with about 15 minutes to go in the minor final. Almost certain it was him. If this was the case, how did he get up behind Canty for the presentation?

J OGorman

the mans a character...your stress levels must be through the roof lad if this kinda thing annoys ye so much

bcarrier

Quote from: Sportacus on September 21, 2010, 11:13:08 PM
Would McKernan do a bit of sledging?  He seemed to be mouthing at Kerrigan all day. I wouldn't be a fan of that. Fine footballer though.

Id say the sledging was initiated by Kerrigan . Think Kerrigan was at in during semi too....there was time McKernan seemed to be easily would up but seems to have it under control now. Most improved player in the country.

western exile

Quote from: bcarrier on September 22, 2010, 10:19:17 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on September 21, 2010, 11:13:08 PM

Id say the sledging was initiated by Kerrigan . Think Kerrigan was at in during semi too....there was time McKernan seemed to be easily would up but seems to have it under control now. Most improved player in the country.
A lot of sledging was done by Eoin Cadogan. Watching him on Sunday it suddenly became more obvious why Galvin reacted to get his suspension.  My opinion of him has dropped sharply since the weekend.

AZOffaly

Cadogan is at that the whole time. It's not surprising he's been involved in a few skirmishes this year.

I nearly forgot to say it though.... Well Done Zulu!!!!!! The happiest non Cork-Corkman I know :)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 22, 2010, 09:58:22 AM

I think I seen him coming into The Hill, right behind the goals, with about 15 minutes to go in the minor final. Almost certain it was him. If this was the case, how did he get up behind Canty for the presentation?

The cameras zoomed in on him during the first half of the senior game in the Hogan stand if memory serves so I'd doubt it was him. There is another couple of aul lads who dress up in their regalia with drums and bodrans (least they don't go looking for the cameras), maybe it was one of these you saw?

As for calling him a character, well that does a disservice to characters everywhere...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Onlooker

Western Exile and AZOffaly are 100% correct re Eoin Cadogan.  Apart from his run ins with Paul Galvin he was also involved in his carry on against Tipperary and Antrim.  In both cases it was the Tipp and Antrim full forwards who ended up getting the suspensions.  I would say that the referees will be watching his antics next year.

marym

Must say I was at game and thought it was a very clean game.

J OGorman

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 22, 2010, 11:13:58 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 22, 2010, 09:58:22 AM

The cameras zoomed in on him during the first half of the senior game in the Hogan stand if memory serves so I'd doubt it was him. There is another couple of aul lads who dress up in their regalia with drums and bodrans (least they don't go looking for the cameras), maybe it was one of these you saw?

As for calling him a character, well that does a disservice to characters everywhere...

zzz zzz

Jinxy

Quote from: bcarrier on September 21, 2010, 08:26:40 PM
Watching rerun there ...Murphy definitely did his own "cop that" this year.

His was a legal "cop that" though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Onlooker on September 22, 2010, 11:23:12 AM
Western Exile and AZOffaly are 100% correct re Eoin Cadogan.  Apart from his run ins with Paul Galvin he was also involved in his carry on against Tipperary and Antrim.  In both cases it was the Tipp and Antrim full forwards who ended up getting the suspensions.  I would say that the referees will be watching his antics next year.

He always seems to be mouthing off alright. No wonder people want to give him a belt.

bcarrier

Quote from: Jinxy on September 22, 2010, 01:35:57 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on September 21, 2010, 08:26:40 PM
Watching rerun there ...Murphy definitely did his own "cop that" this year.

His was a legal "cop that" though.

If you mean no free was awarded then you are correct. Gerry McDermott 's interpretation would be interesting. 

To my eyes ( and through Red and Black tinted glasses ) it was well late, lead with an elbow and not shoulder to shoulder . I would love to see the two incidents ie Kennelly last year and Murphy this year side by side.  I suspect the intention and execution are similar enough . I doubt Murphy will mention it in his book though and will therefore remain a hero.

To be completely fair if a Downman had the cuteness ( wrong word Im sure) to nail Walsh in a similar manner I wouldnt have been complaining about it.