Championship 2011

Started by Orangemac, September 20, 2010, 12:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: snoopdog on September 24, 2010, 04:57:31 PM
Quote from: ross4life on September 24, 2010, 04:03:11 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on September 24, 2010, 03:52:42 PM
So i take it nobody gives Down a chance next year.1 Point of winning an All Ireland and nobody rates Down.
Yes we had a bit of Luck, all teams that get to a final have Luck.
Yes Kerry were missing two players that were suspended and rightly so but Down beat Kerry well
Luck against Kildare indeed but Ref wasnt long in levelling it out
Cork deserve their All Ireland title and they will be a force again next year.

Was in tullamore for Down Offally and to be fair to Offally they look a decent team i will be expecting some good performances from them in the league especially at home. No reason why they cant do a Louth, after all only the width of a post between them and the second best team in the country this summer.

If i were a Down fan i would look to the Ulster Championship & try to break the Armagh/Tyrone dominance & then take it from there...
id say that is what Wee James plan will be. Need to win something
Aye, winning Division 2 league without getting any silverware is somewhat worthless
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Farrandeelin

Quote from: armagho9 on September 24, 2010, 06:18:59 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 24, 2010, 04:42:02 PM
Quote from: armagho9 on September 22, 2010, 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on September 20, 2010, 11:55:46 AM
Armagh 28/1------ :D

Down 18-1?  When was the last time a beaten finalist started at such a big price for the next year?  Clearly the bookies believe Down massivly overachieved this year, were very lucky against kerry in terms of injuries and had a massive amount of luck against kildare.  Clearly the bookies are not afraid of Down for next year, and they would be right.

Mayo 2005 (2004 A.I.F), Mayo 2007 (2006 A.I.F.)

i would say Down will have a similar season to Mayo 05 and 07

I would imagine that if there's any fire in Down's bellies they will do better than get hammered like Mayo did in 07.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.