USFC Final 2010, Clones, Sunday 18th July: Tír Eoghain vs Muineachán

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 20, 2010, 05:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Konica

Quote from: Wee Roddy on July 21, 2010, 01:16:18 PM
Zap are you serious about Sean O'Neill being better than Philly Jordan? O'Neill is a brilliant footballer but he is not in Jordan league yet I would say. I have watched him on a number of occasions and I think he lacks postional sense at the minute to be a top class defender
::)

Fuzzman

In previous years I've noticed there has been a noticeable change in the performances of some players when they get to Croker. Players like Mugsy & Cavanagh seem to up a gear or something.

I wonder is it like cos they've a bigger stage and audience.
I remember when I used to play squash that if a few people would come and watch I'd up my game without thinking.

Mugsy seems to play much better in Croker v the Dubs that's for sure.

My point about Tommy was that he seems to be a bit more selfish that the other lads
I for one was very impressed with Mugsy on Sunday that he's happy to lay it off as often as he is to have a shot but I think Tommy feels he's on the fringe of the team so he has to be shooting more to score more to prove to Mickey he should be starting.

Zapatista

Quote from: Wee Roddy on July 21, 2010, 01:16:18 PM
Zap are you serious about Sean O'Neill being better than Philly Jordan? O'Neill is a brilliant footballer but he is not in Jordan league yet I would say. I have watched him on a number of occasions and I think he lacks postional sense at the minute to be a top class defender

I am serious. I might be a little bias though (no apology for it :) ).

Gaffer

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 22, 2010, 10:57:31 AM
In previous years I've noticed there has been a noticeable change in the performances of some players when they get to Croker. Players like Mugsy & Cavanagh seem to up a gear or something.

I wonder is it like cos they've a bigger stage and audience.
I remember when I used to play squash that if a few people would come and watch I'd up my game without thinking.

Mugsy seems to play much better in Croker v the Dubs that's for sure.

My point about Tommy was that he seems to be a bit more selfish that the other lads
I for one was very impressed with Mugsy on Sunday that he's happy to lay it off as often as he is to have a shot but I think Tommy feels he's on the fringe of the team so he has to be shooting more to score more to prove to Mickey he should be starting.

Agreed. Mugsy's very much a team player !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"