Sligeach v Maigh Eo. 5ú Meitheamh 2010

Started by Farrandeelin, April 29, 2010, 09:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Of course mayo are favorites. Last sunday mayo lost a national league final to Probably the Strongest team in the country. Losing to to a Division 3 team would be a disaster on a different scale altogether . Remember mayo have Beaten kerry Tyrone  and indeed cork already this year maybe they were  not at full Strength but neither were Mayo .even  Ballinaman's team  has 5 different players from last sunday and several positinal switches .
though i suspect this was done to get as many ballinamen on the team as possible
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ballinaman

Quote from: rosnarun on April 30, 2010, 11:46:04 PM
Of course mayo are favorites. Last sunday mayo lost a national league final to Probably the Strongest team in the country. Losing to to a Division 3 team would be a disaster on a different scale altogether . Remember mayo have Beaten kerry Tyrone  and indeed cork already this year maybe they were  not at full Strength but neither were Mayo .even  Ballinaman's team  has 5 different players from last sunday and several positinal switches .
though i suspect this was done to get as many ballinamen on the team as possible
That would be a bit blinkered in fairness, sure there were 5 the day in salthill in 07 and Mayo were shite that day. Just my honest opinion, you'd have to have Harte on instead of Parsons for sheer athleticism and workrate if nothing else.Clarke,Caff and McGarrity are nailed on starters with Conroy challenging Caff and thats about it.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ballinaman on May 01, 2010, 06:00:55 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on April 30, 2010, 11:46:04 PM
That would be a bit blinkered in fairness, sure there were 5 the day in salthill in 07 and Mayo were shite that day. Just my honest opinion, you'd have to have Harte on instead of Parsons for sheer athleticism and workrate if nothing else.Clarke,Caff and McGarrity are nailed on starters with Conroy challenging Caff and thats about it.
I'd be fairly happy with your line up.
I'd have Harte on any day. If not at MF, he'd do a fine job at CHF. He can be a wee bit headstrong at times but it's always easier to get a player to cool it down than to rev it up.  We have too many lads already that are happy to play a supporting role any time the going gets hard.
Caff or Conroy?  Caff is the man in possession right now but I'd leave that one up to Johnno; IMO, both did grand during the league.  The entire back four, for that matter, kept the goals conceded down to very respectable levels. Whatever 2-4 combos he used, Johnno got better results here than anywhere else on the field.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

SLIGONIAN

Well if my feet werent firmly on the ground yday they are now. I went to Sligo v Leitrim junior match last night in Parc Sean and 4 of our seniors started who started against Antrim, the individual performances were very poor. Only for young David maye still 18 and only just overage for minor this yr we wouldnt of won. To my eyes this lad will be a superstar and should be pushing sweeney hard for a start in CSFC. We eventually won 0-20 to 3-8 AET. If our lads dont have the heads right for Mayo we could get a hiding. The heads werent right last with our Defenders who had no interest in defending. Hopefully the management saw what I saw as some of our worst performers did make our subs for all the league games and how that happened i do not know.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

rosnarun

apart from possibly clarke if he can  show his kickouts last sunday were a one off i dont thaink any of the other lads are 'nailed on' I caffferkey starts it bode very badly for mayo's chances this year while sunday was probably he best game for mayo so far the evidence is weighed far too heavily against him for him to bew considered anything other than the best of a bad lot. I know im not the only one praying Keane  fulfills the promise that he is showing.
Mcgarrity is in with a fair show after Parsons weak showing but he didn't exactly Turn the game when he came on either .
I d consider Harte a bit of showpony quiet capable of getting spectacular catches and the odd goal as well as getting sent off but neither has the application or discipline to be considered as a starter
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

saffronandblue

Quote from: mannix on April 30, 2010, 05:44:01 PM
SAFFRON,
I was at a few league games this year and he ran his markers into the ground and had several lads tried on him in a few games. While he did not score a lot he done the spadework for others to score and is a definite starter in my books. You may be jealous or something, but he is a good county player.

I know that the majority of people share your opinion mannix, but one does not have to be jealous to have a different opinion.  I just simply said that I do not rate him as mush as the management team seems to.  If I was jealous, it would be of Kerry, we have no one to touch Gooch, Declan O' Sullivan, Donaghy, Galvin and until we unearth this sort of quality we will never be at the races.

Mayo have got gradually worse under O' Mahoney IMO and I have yet to see a player who has improved from his coaching.  I would love to be more positive and would love to be proved wrong on all fronts.  You can slate me after the Sligo game if Moran runs riot.

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 01, 2010, 02:00:44 PM
I went to Sligo v Leitrim junior match last night in Parc Sean and 4 of our seniors started who started against Antrim

What Are Sligo playing at using Current senior players in the Junior team?? we got to 3 All Ireland Junior Finals without the need of using Current senior players

Sligo should have plenty of other players to pick from & they should be trying more minors in this
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

For the mayo view on the sligo game re there team selection, theyve fallen back to the trenches on the local football and hurling thread pages 139, 140 and 141

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13.2100

I dont think ive read so many different team selections after a league campaign in all my life.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 04, 2010, 03:31:18 PM
For the mayo view on the sligo game re there team selection, theyve fallen back to the trenches on the local football and hurling thread pages 139, 140 and 141

I dont think ive read so many different team selections after a league campaign in all my life.

You're a holy terror Sligonian.  :D

Lar Naparka

Didn't I tell you before, me oul' segotia, that Mayo fans never bother about any other team's players? We get far too much craic outa rubbishing our own to spare a thought for yours or any other side. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Zulu

You're not wrong there Sligonian, the boys have spent the past 18 months giving out that JOM hasn't got a settled team and after one defeat in a national final, half of them are starting Barry Moran (a man who has played about 5 games in 4 years), have SOS out a center forward (after complaining about his selfishness, lack of speed and being overweight) and have dropped one of their most consistent league performers in Enda Varley. They're gas men in fairness.

moysider

Ye ll find that many of these posters are trying to second guess what team Johnno is going to turn to now. In fairness his summer teams have had a fair few changes to his winter changes in the past. Ironically some of the poorer performers from the league final might be kept while one or two of the better ones from the league may be dispensed with.

Zulu

I don't think they are Moysider, I must check again but I'm sure it was lads posting their own teams. Mayo shouldn't lose their heads here, you did very well in the league and most of the lads who started against Cork should start again. McGarrity and Varley would be two of the few lads who should start against Sligo.

SLIGONIAN

I couldnt resist, was just thinking its very quiet on here for a mayo game, and low and behold I go into the local thread and thats where theyve been hiding :D,

I thought i had it all figured out after seeing them in action but i am totally confused now. Well played mayo posters, JOM would be proud.

ross4life

Mayo have a huge panel to pick from! finding right balance & best 15 will be no easy task for JOM  & IMO it's his last chance to impress
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open