?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

theticklemister

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on August 21, 2018, 10:50:00 AM
Is there anybody out there who can explain this league to us. Some ones says we are saf3 when other ones say we could still go down.

I was chatting to a Ballinderry man yesterday who said they  would have loved  if you were on the brink come the last game of the season.... as they would have been the ones wanting to push you over the edge!

screenexile

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on August 21, 2018, 10:50:00 AM
Is there anybody out there who can explain this league to us. Some ones says we are saf3 when other ones say we could still go down.

From Lavey up are safe. Everyone below that mathematically has a chance to go down including Bellaghy although beat Swatragh and you're grand.

Is it head to head or score difference that counts lads?

Jimmy

If there are 2 teams finish on the same points it is head to head that determines the top placed team. If there are 3 or more teams in the same points it is score difference, providing there have been no conceded games that would give a team a disadvantage. If that were to happen, it would be play offs. I don't think there is any danger if that though.

tonesfirstandlast

I think we are alright then if only Swatragh stands between us going down

Waataboutyee

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on August 21, 2018, 01:31:36 PM
I think we are alright then if only Swatragh stands between us going down
Classic TFAL.

JoG2

Am I right in saying the following teams have been relegated from Intermediate to junior?

Drum
Doire Trasna
Craigbane
Lissan
Desertmartin
Slaughtmanus (pending an appeal which they have zero chance of winning)

With Ballerin also going down should they lose a play-off with Limavady. IMO, Limavady as league winners should gain automatic promotion and not have to play a play-off against a team who've been playing against Intermediate opposition all year

Junior will be zero craic for 90% of the existing teams next season! Do most of the junior teams have it in them to push on and compete in the coming years??

toby47

Quote from: JoG2 on August 22, 2018, 04:33:47 PM
Am I right in saying the following teams have been relegated from Intermediate to junior?

Drum
Doire Trasna
Craigbane
Lissan
Desertmartin

With Ballerin also going down should they lose a play-off with Limavady. IMO, Limavady as league winners should gain automatic promotion and not have to play a play-off against a team who've been playing against Intermediate opposition all year

Junior will be zero craic for 90% of the existing teams next season! Do most of the junior teams have it in them to push on and compete in the coming years??

Yeah that is correct. Out of all the league changes its the bottom half Junior teams I feel sorry for most. A couple of teams have been given points deductions for not fielding already this year, next year could be all the worse.

In the senior relegation battle it could go down to points difference this weekend.

Bellaghy -  Play Swatragh & Ballinderry - if they pick up 0 points they remain on 12pts
Kilrea - Play claudy and if/when they win they will be on 12pts
Screen - Play Greenlough and if they win they will also be on 12pts.
Newbridge - Also play Lavey with a win taking them to 12pts
Swatragh have Bellaghy & s'neil to play so are going to need one win be guaranteed safety as they are already on 11pts

If Swatragh beat Bellaghy tonight it will be a bit mad on Sunday.

1 of these 5 teams will go down along with Claudy, Greenlough and Glenullin, the other going into the play off vs Banagher

Josey Wales

Can any one explain to me how the County board fixtures committee allowed final league fixtures to be on at different times and dates when the outcome of one affects another?  Any wonder people like myself think they haven't a clue what they are at.

oakleaflad

Drum
Doire Trasna
Craigbane
Lissan
Desertmartin

What league are these teams reserves going to play in next year? (granted I don't believe Drum fielded a reserve team). Was this even thought about?

Feel sorry for Ardmore, Sean Dolans, Doire Colmcille and Ogra. Not sure they gain anything by playing those teams relegated.

toby47

Quote from: oakleaflad on August 23, 2018, 09:30:57 AM

Drum
Doire Trasna
Craigbane
Lissan
Desertmartin

What league are these teams reserves going to play in next year? (granted I don't believe Drum fielded a reserve team). Was this even thought about?

Feel sorry for Ardmore, Sean Dolans, Doire Colmcille and Ogra. Not sure they gain anything by playing those teams relegated.

Desertmartin, Craigbane & Drum all had no reserve teams this year, not sure about the other 3 teams. However I'd say reserve teams weren't even considered when implementing these changes.

Also when will the promotion/relegation play offs be scheduled. Probably end of October/November at this stage. If Banagher were to win intermediate they would be training & getting games right into the middle of October. Their opponents will probably not have had a game in over 6 weeks at this stage and it is hard to try keep training momentum going when a team is out of the championship.

oakleaflad

Quote from: toby47 on August 23, 2018, 09:50:47 AM

Drum
Doire Trasna
Craigbane
Lissan
Desertmartin

Desertmartin, Craigbane & Drum all had no reserve teams this year, not sure about the other 3 teams. However I'd say reserve teams weren't even considered when implementing these changes.

Also when will the promotion/relegation play offs be scheduled. Probably end of October/November at this stage. If Banagher were to win intermediate they would be training & getting games right into the middle of October. Their opponents will probably not have had a game in over 6 weeks at this stage and it is hard to try keep training momentum going when a team is out of the championship.
Looks like Craigbane fielded for half the season but weren't able to after the break. Desertmartin didn't field much although they did play a game this month and historically have been able to field a reserve team.
Point still stands though, there will be reserve players for at least half of the relegated clubs and they won't know if they are able to play football next year.

The promotion relegation playoff is always a tough one as the potentially relegated team is usually out early and the potentially promoted team usually goes far in their championship. The potentially relegated team may go a little longer in the championship this year with there being more teams below them relegated.
In future, would probably be best to try to get this run off before championship too if possible.

Squareball71

Quote from: toby47 on August 23, 2018, 09:50:47 AM

Drum
Doire Trasna
Craigbane
Lissan
Desertmartin

I'd say any club that wants to play reserve football will be accommodated. Limavady have played reserves this year in the league.

restorepride

More CONC this week.  Not a good sign.  Although, in fairness, that great Gael is about, Pope Frances!

Champion The Wonder Horse

Big day tomorrow at the bottom end of the league, where any two from five will join both Mitchels in automatic relegation and a third will enter the play-off.

The way I see it:
Screen will be safe with a win.
Greenlough can still make the play-off, but need to beat Screen by at least 19 and the Bridge to lose.
Swatragh basically safe unless both Screen and Newbridge win and even then Bridge have to, if you will, bridge a 53 point scoring difference.
Newbridge will finish above Kilrea if they beat Lavey by six or more.
There is a real possibility that Kilrea, Swatragh, Ballinascreen and Newbridge will all finish on 12 points, but the scoring differences are such that Kilrea and Newbridge would be in most danger.

At the minute, four of the five could be automatically relegated, possibly ourselves as well if we lose by 50+. Any of the five could be in the play-off, but again Swatragh are probably safe.

Newbridge failing to beat Lavey by six or more and Ballinascreen winning would see Kilrea in the play-off and Bridge down. But it all depends on how Lavey approach the game.

Any ways, no team should be relegated on scoring difference, nor should a team have an advantage with more home games, as half the teams do.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Screen 6 up and Newbridge 11 up.

At the minute Kilrea automatically down and Newbridge in play-off spot.