Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Tell me this how much does Antrim gaa get from the game being broadcast live on Sunday?

I'd assume they will clearly get more than giving it away for free on Facebook! but at the same time if they did PPV on a stream this weekend is that less than what TG4 will be giving them?

I see Tyrone gaa think they will make more streaming their final live than moving it to a sat night so RTE cameras can show it
hurl like f**k boi!

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 08, 2020, 10:51:22 AM
Tell me this how much does Antrim gaa get from the game being broadcast live on Sunday?

I'd assume they will clearly get more than giving it away for free on Facebook! but at the same time if they did PPV on a stream this weekend is that less than what TG4 will be giving them?

I see Tyrone gaa think they will make more streaming their final live than moving it to a sat night so RTE cameras can show it
The talk in Tyrone was they received £15k from RTE for the double header on Saturday.. Don't know whether or not to believe that? Seems like a lot and but don't know much about it.

But when you think about it, they were streaming games for £5 meaning 3000 people would have to buy for them to get £15k   

imtommygunn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 08, 2020, 10:51:22 AM

You would assume they were paying Jerome Quinn so losing money. That being said I still would say it's worth it for promotion of the games though obviously if money can be made all the better!

NAG1

Also to be fair to TG4 their coverage is excellent and they were the shining light for clubs when RTE or streaming services weren't.

TG4 deserve to pick which ever game they want and this should not be about money, they have been around every county and countless club venues to promote our games, they deserve our support first.

imtommygunn

Agreed. Their service has been excellent for years. Always look forward to their monday night show.

bannside

https://www.gaa.ie/news/gaa-county-pros-are-amateur-heroes/

Our esteemed PRO making the news himself for a welcome change. What an operator...best in the land!

MoChara

Quote from: bannside on September 09, 2020, 02:28:13 PM
https://www.gaa.ie/news/gaa-county-pros-are-amateur-heroes/

Our esteemed PRO making the news himself for a welcome change. What an operator...best in the land!

Great Article

ciaran1988

Hopefully Paul Shiels will be fit on Sunday. Always a pleasure to watch the man hurl and with the game on TG4 it good to have all the best players available for both sides

The stig

Very quiet on here for championship week must b a lot of nerves about :-X :-X

imtommygunn

Dunloy by 4. Saw on twitter Dunlop's ticket raffle . Sad the way so many from Dunloy and loughgiel won't get to it but at least it's on tv.

Is shiels available? May have a big bearing on it.

north aontroim gael

Brilliant win for our minors today. Nice to see them defend their title.

Ballycastle have some nice hurlers too but their mentors / supporters behaviour towards the end was a disgrace.

Milltown Row2

Fantastic result for Tir an Og ... can't believe that's their first ever win at that level... watched it on fb and the commentary was spot on from two biased'ish clubmem

Ref'd them start of year and in championship thought they'd give it a rattle
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

up the rovers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2020, 05:04:46 PM
Fantastic result for Tir an Og ... can't believe that's their first ever win at that level... watched it on fb and the commentary was spot on from two biased'ish clubmem

Ref'd them start of year and in championship thought they'd give it a rattle

Congratulations to Tir Na Og, didn't expect them to do it. Fair play to all involved

As for the minor match today Congratulations to Loughgiel, comfortably the better side
The full back, McCluskey? was excellent and Endas two young boys are fine hurlers as is young Jack McCloskey. Loughgiel always carried a goal threat and made it count.

As for the row at the finish, if you are going to tell a yarn tell a full yarn. No spectators were involved but almost every player and all of both benches were involved including a Loughgiel senior hurler who is very lucky to be lining out tomorrow. Hitting juvenile players is not a good look, especially when you end up put on your arse.

breakingball

Come off it.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 12, 2020, 04:50:17 PM

Ballycastle have some nice hurlers too but their mentors / supporters behaviour towards the end was a disgrace.

NAG1

Quote from: breakingball on September 12, 2020, 10:08:11 PM
Come off it.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 12, 2020, 04:50:17 PM

Seems to be one common thread in any trouble that there has been in the county over past ten (or maybe more) years.....answers on a post card