Paul Galvin

Started by redandblackareback, December 21, 2010, 01:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

He had a massive influence on those 2 Cork v Kerry games - Cork's tactics were simple - just wind Galvin him up.

RedandGreenSniper

The line that Sunday Game panellists have no write to talk if they haven't won a lot of All-Irelands is very stupid. But Tohill certainly overreacted. I don't think it was that bad an act. Cadogan is no angel either.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

orangeman

Galvin is coming across a whole lot better here tonight.

You never hear the stories about the charity work etc. You only hear the shite.

He's bound to have a chip on the shoulder.

comethekingdom

Credit where credit is due - he's been focused on a bit too much. Them Sunday game boys shouldnt be investigators, judge and jury all in one.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: orangeman on December 28, 2010, 10:21:09 PM

Charity work?

johnpower

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 28, 2010, 10:19:14 PM
The line that Sunday Game panellists have no write to talk if they haven't won a lot of All-Irelands is very stupid. But Tohill certainly overreacted. I don't think it was that bad an act. Cadogan is no angel either.

I agree over reaction all round . Yet RTE will love this

orangeman

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 28, 2010, 10:43:08 PM

Charity work?

Like a lot of high profile players. he's often called upon to lend his name / picture to charity work.

He definitely came across well tonight.

The journalists / media feel he's fair game - why do they think he is so different to the rest of IC players ?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: orangeman on December 28, 2010, 10:48:44 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 28, 2010, 10:43:08 PM

Charity work?

Like a lot of high profile players. he's often called upon to lend his name / picture to charity work.

He definitely came across well tonight.

The journalists / media feel he's fair game - why do they think he is so different to the rest of IC players ?

I'd be mixed enough about him. Some of the phone calls he was getting was completely out of order. Like a local journalist texting him about his job situation, way over the line.

But I wouldn't warm to him either. Great footballer. At least he was honest and it was an honest depiction of him.

Re the fashion thing, fair play to him. We shouldn't knock individualism. Even if I still can't get over the bow tie  :D

Jinxy

For a lad that never reads the papers.......

he sure reads a lot of papers!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Last Man

The world will be a very boring place if we persist in hounding out chaaracters like Galvin, as for the fashion thing...f**king hilarious but magic at the same time....total nutter.... but what a footballer

BennyHarp

Charity work? Sure he only did that photo shoot to be in the same company as Bono, Jay Z and the lads! Wonder did Jay Z actually meet him for that pint in New York!
That was never a square ball!!

Lar Naparka

I know a man who has cognitive difficulties to put it mildly. A sound fella but a biteen simple in his outlook. He's a Dub through and through but he decided he wanted to meet Galvin and get his autograph. He went down to Killarney for a league game and tried to get into the Kerry dressing room to met Paul. Naturally enough he was stopped but one of the stewards took his request in to Paul. He returned to Dublin disappointed at his failure to meet his hero. Two days later, he got a letter in the post from Galvin with a signed photo and an invitation to meet him any time he went to a Kerry game. They have met up several times sinc e then and Paul always spends five minutes chatting.
That's the sort of stuff that never makes the headlines.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Last Man on December 28, 2010, 11:15:19 PM
The world will be a very boring place if we persist in hounding out chaaracters like Galvin, as for the fashion thing...f**king hilarious but magic at the same time....total nutter.... but what a footballer

The GAA is often a boring place because of the lack of people who are willing to be honest and upfront. Galvin might not be everyone's cup of tea but he is who he doesn't try to be something he's not and you can take it or leave it.

orangeman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 28, 2010, 11:28:08 PM

I know a man who has cognitive difficulties to put it mildly. A sound fella but a biteen simple in his outlook. He's a Dub through and through but he decided he wanted to meet Galvin and get his autograph. He went down to Killarney for a league game and tried to get into the Kerry dressing room to met Paul. Naturally enough he was stopped but one of the stewards took his request in to Paul. He returned to Dublin disappointed at his failure to meet his hero. Two days later, he got a letter in the post from Galvin with a signed photo and an invitation to meet him any time he went to a Kerry game. They have met up several times sinc e then and Paul always spends five minutes chatting.
That's the sort of stuff that never makes the headlines.
[/b]

And there's plenty more stories like that. As you say, these stories never make the headlines.

ross matt

There was  absolutely no point to the entire documentary. The guy is completely up his own ass.  He constantly contradicts himself... complaining about media intrusion whilst allowing himself to be the centre of a fly on the wall hour long tv show. Obviously looking to raise his profile and forge a career in fashion... possibly media. Trying way too hard to look cool and complicated... rebel without a cause and all that shite. How many shots were there of him poncin around jeans that were spray painted on to him FFS? Farcical stuff. Totally contrived crap. Plenty of leverage there for his 2011 opponents there.