Killererin v Ballintubber

Started by Jinxy, November 07, 2010, 04:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Look at the jerseys!  ???
What brain surgeon thought this was a good idea?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Jesus not only are Killererin the ugliest jerseys ever, but for f**k sake could they not organise some shirts that don't clash. it shouldn't be hard.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

I turned the game off the jersies were annoying me so much.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: thejuice on November 07, 2010, 04:40:12 PM
Jesus not only are Killererin the ugliest jerseys ever, but for f**k sake could they not organise some shirts that don't clash. it shouldn't be hard.

In fairness Killererin are wearing the Galway colours. Ballintubber are wearing the change Mayo colours. If they had the regular Mayo jersey on there wouldn't be a clash.

But who knows how they ended up with such a colour clash? I'm guessing Ballintubber said they would wear a Mayo jersey but they brought the red one rather than the mainly green one.

CompulsoryTillager

Blame lies fully with Ballintubber in my view, they clearly felt they were pulling a stroke by wearing jerseys the same colour as their usual kit

Both clubs in their normal kits wouldn't have been as much of a clash as Killererin are white jerseys with red shorts, the GAA allowed red/white v white/red in the Cork-Tyrone semi-final last year

Shrewdness

When ye're finished bitching on about the jersies, one of ye might post the result ::)

CompulsoryTillager

0-9 to 1-5 for the team in lighter red Killererin

SambaSaffron

Can't believ noone mentioned the biggest fashion crime of the game, Nicky Joyce's white boots, stripey socks pulled up and Liverpool shorts. Brutal!

Tubberman

Quote from: CompulsoryTillager on November 07, 2010, 05:01:35 PM
Blame lies fully with Ballintubber in my view, they clearly felt they were pulling a stroke by wearing jerseys the same colour as their usual kit

Both clubs in their normal kits wouldn't have been as much of a clash as Killererin are white jerseys with red shorts, the GAA allowed red/white v white/red in the Cork-Tyrone semi-final last year

And that's an informed view is it??  ::)

Regardless of the jersey colours, Kilerrerin won the match and good luck to them.
At half-time it looked like Ballintubber were nicely positioned to go on and win. There were some lovely attacking moves against the wind, and the defence were getting to grips with Nicky Joyce after he looked very dangerous early on.
Should have been further than 1 ahead at half-time really, some scoreable chances missed coming up to half time.
But the second half didn't go according to plan at all. In fairness to Kilerrerin, they kept possession brilliantly and were very dogged in winning posession around the middle - much like Ballintubber have been all year really.
Some very poor referreeing decisions seemed to frustrate the Ballintubber players, and they seemed to lose focus a bit, hurrying shots and making the wrong decision.
I hadn't a great view of the penalty shout near the end, and haven't seen the TV replays, but it looked like the Ballintubber player (couldn't see who it was) was pulled down.

Anyway, it's been a fantastic year for Ballintubber, winning the club's first senior county title at the first attempt. According to Billy Fitz, Knockmore are the only other Mayo club to have done that. And to do it in the club's centenary year makes it that bit more special as well.
Thanks to all the players and management for an unforgettable 2010.

It's the end of the James Horan era, but not the end of this team. So hopefully after a well earned rest for the next couple of months, they'll be able to regroup and refocus and retain the Moclair cup. Tubber AbĂș!!

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

CompulsoryTillager

Quote from: Tubberman on November 08, 2010, 09:08:03 AM
Quote from: CompulsoryTillager on November 07, 2010, 05:01:35 PM

And that's an informed view is it??  ::)

I'm guessing both clubs were told to wear their county colours and, while Ballintubber may say that they did so, there was no good reason for not wearing the green above the red

Jinxy

Canalman

Quote from: Jinxy on November 07, 2010, 04:51:04 PM
I turned the game off the jersies were annoying me so much.

Same as myself.