Fergal steps down from Roscommon Senior job

Started by commonman, October 05, 2011, 08:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Disappointing news but I had been expecting it ( from a chat with him plus his comments after the CF and Tyrone games and then his mother dying at a comparitively young age) .
Thanks for the good days  big man and for making us respectable again. Hope the good work you started can be comtinued.
We now need new management teams at U16/Minor/U21/Junior and Senior.
Jeeeezus .. that's a scary situation ....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sans pessimism

Sorry for the Rossies.FOD has done agreat job.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Rossfan

Quote from: moysider on October 05, 2011, 09:44:24 PM
[I guess this leaves the door open for the return of 'Tanman', aka 'Sir John' and 'Stylish John', to bring them to a new level.

Tommy ' Tom Carr' would relish a return as well I d say. All that experience.

I know ye hoors don't like us ..... but there's no need to be that bloody nasty .  >:(

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

highorlow

Mick 'Micko' Dwyer, Tommy 'Tom Tom' Lyons or Shane 'Cake' Curran will be in the running for this?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

sheamy

Roscommon must be one of the few connaught counties Mickey Moran hasn't conquered  ;)

Surprised by the news myself. I know nothing about the lad but he seemed to have the rossies on a serious upward trend and playing some nice stuff.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: highorlow on October 06, 2011, 01:16:02 PM
Mick 'Micko' Dwyer, Tommy 'Tom Tom' Lyons or Shane 'Cake' Curran will be in the running for this?

I was going to say Cake should be the man to take on the reigns, he would be some craic in an after match interview :D

ross4life

Cake is currently the manager of a big business so i can't imagine he'll have time for football management but he would be some character on the sideline.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross matt

Quote from: Barney on October 06, 2011, 09:02:20 AM
Best of luck to Fergal - a gentleman, a great Roscommon football man, and a brilliant manager. I'm sure he will walk the sideline for Ros again in the future.

It is a huge disappointment to the Rossies I am sure. They face a crucial decision now - get it right and they can build on what Fergal has done, but get it wrong, or delay over it and 2012 could be a disappointing year.

Thats it in a nutshell. Hopefully the current structures are in place that will result in an internal appoinment to manage and develop what Fergal has started.

Best wishes and thanks to Fergie for some great days out and a return to pride and honour in the primrose and blue. He owes his county nothing and is young enough to return again in the future.

RedandGreenSniper

There are not many managers in the modern game that are both widely liked and widely respected. Fergal O'Donnell was though. That's a decent legacy. As is the smashing 2010 Connacht title success.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: sheamy on October 06, 2011, 01:48:58 PM
Roscommon must be one of the few connaught counties Mickey Moran hasn't conquered  ;)

Surprised by the news myself. I know nothing about the lad but he seemed to have the rossies on a serious upward trend and playing some nice stuff.

Where is this Connaught place you speak of? I always thought Roscommon was in Connacht.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

sheamy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 07, 2011, 02:26:58 PM

Where is this Connaught place you speak of? I always thought Roscommon was in Connacht.

good man, correcting spelling mistakes now. Slow day?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on October 06, 2011, 04:43:55 PM
Cake is currently the manager of a big business

A cake shop?

ross4life

Yeah he does all types of theme Cakes give him a call & i would like to hear what he says  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: sheamy on October 07, 2011, 02:28:51 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 07, 2011, 02:26:58 PM

good man, correcting spelling mistakes now. Slow day?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.