Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Like playground if I get fouled I'm hitting the penalty have a designated taker please managers call

stiffler

Pogba costs Utd their 100% record this evening.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Helix.

Quote from: stiffler on August 19, 2019, 09:54:46 PM
Pogba costs Utd their 100% record this evening.

Some goal to level it to be fair. Unfortunate for pogba. 2 points lost rather than point gained.

screenexile

Different season same old Utd ... Pogba will be hung out to dry for taking the penalty which will hasten his exit in the next few weeks.

Good result Wolves deserved a draw for their 2nd half performance Utd were average enough!

Rich Ricci

You'd want Rashford to be taking some responsibility there and demanding to take it. Seemed all to happy to give it to Pogba.

Cunny Funt

Two points dropped certainly. Apart from 10 spell at the start of the 2nd half United were the better team as they controlled that contest.  Gary Neville spot on about the confusion on who is meant to be the penalty taker.

Still its 4 points from league games United only got 1 point from last season.

trailer

Pogba is a f**king w**ker.

Gmac

Quote from: Rich Ricci on August 19, 2019, 10:02:42 PM
You'd want Rashford to be taking some responsibility there and demanding to take it. Seemed all to happy to give it to Pogba.
a pub team would have a designated penalty taker, managers fault has to be known before game who's on corners ,free kicks and penalties

Milltown Row2

Jesus two games in and the vultures are circling. Utd are not title challengers. Haven't been since Fergie left.

Pogba took the penalties last year, wouldn't be my first choice taker, never watched the game but possession wise they seemed to be on top (based on bbc stats) away from home against a team that beat them there twice last season.

Improve on 6th will be an achievement.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Ole saying they have 2 penalty takers (Pogba and Rashford). Is he just trying to take the heat off Pogba? Surely having 2 is just going to cause problems at some point on the pitch?

Gmac

Quote from: gawa316 on August 19, 2019, 11:58:56 PM
Ole saying they have 2 penalty takers (Pogba and Rashford). Is he just trying to take the heat off Pogba? Surely having 2 is just going to cause problems at some point on the pitch?
u need 2 if one is subbed off or one is not playing in a particular game but your number 1 penalty taker should hit them when he's on the field

OgraAnDun

FFS he missed a penalty, these things happen. People are just waiting for a chance to jump on him. Rashford didn't seem to have any issue with letting him take it from the footage I've seen.

magpie seanie

Saw some decent encouraging stuff last night. Early days but the defense looks a lot tighter.....really like Wan-Bissaka's agressiveness. United probably a little unfortunate to not get the 3 points against a very decent side who are 13 games unbeaten at home. As a previopus poster said - it's 4 points more than the team got in those same games last season. The penalty thing will get all the attention and mask the fact that Pogba actually had a decent game, doing a lot of quiet, proper midfield work (which he usually doesn't do, or hasn't in the past). Penalty situation even with Solskjaer's explanation is nuts. I can probably understand (if not agree) what he's trying to do....bringing Pogba along, trying to keep him on board....but Pogba is a bad penalty taker (only converted 7/11) and Rashford seems to be decent (small sample size but 4/4). Good goal by Martial though he missed a couple more good chances. I'd be concerned that himself and Rashford aren't going to get the 40+ goals needed from your top 2 strikers. Though if United aren't conceding as freely at the other end it mightn't be as much of a problem.

No sensible United supporter expected it to turn around in one window. Again - must say it's early days - but some positive signs. Maguire and AWB could well be two long term solutions. Central midfield is a concern and while I think United will be a better watch I wonder will there be enough goals. Aim has to be top 4 and maybe a cup. Chelsea will struggle for top 4 so I reckon 3rd to 5th between United and the North London duo. I suspect Arsenal are a little better than last season....not sure on Spurs. City and Liverpool a level above that again I think.

Maroon Manc

The 3 new signings have impressed me, United look a lot more assured at the back although Shaw is going to have to improve to still be a United player in 12 months time. If Kieran Tierney proves to be a major hit at Arsenal then it will have been a huge mistake by United not to pursue him for £25m.

Pogba played well apart from giving away the ball needlessly in his own half twice in the 1st half. McTominay was ok, his passing let him down. Lingard again was appalling, not buying another midfielder was always going to come back to haunt United; I'd rather see Fred given a chance in Lingard's position although like a lot of reds we'd all like to see Gomes play there. As seanie said nobody expected United to turn it around in one window but not buying a centre mid was ridiculous after losing Fellaini & Herrera in the last 6 months.

He's been hopeless since he arrived but United can't let Sanchez go, the squad is thin enough as it is and if we did let him go it would be sods law that someone got injured.

NAG1

Plenty of sides will come away with less than a point from Wolves this year.
But it was more the performance which was encouraging, some good signs.

Squad depth is going to be the problem this year.