Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

At least Lukaku scored a few. Sanchez has done nothing and still there. Darmian still there. Rojo. Jones.  Smalling.
Can't sell all at once but a lot of deadwood.

gawa316

Quote from: Boycey on August 08, 2019, 12:24:42 PM
Lukaku scored goals at 1 every 2 games, nobody else in the squad has threatened to do so...

Was thinking the same myself. For 7 odd years he has a goal every 2 games. Far from the worst ever united player in my eyes. I get his all round play, touch etc is probably not up to it but his job is to put the ball in the net, which he consistently did. I haven't researched it but most of those goals I'm guessing are against sides outside the top 6, but then José set them up defensively against the top sides, which hardly helps him out.

magpie seanie

I'd say the idea is to play Martial and Rashford through the middle alright but it can't be ignored that Lukaku scored goals against most teams bar the top few. A seasoned poacher would have been a nice addition but maybe OGS thinks Rashford and Martial together with Greenwood can get the goals needed. Of course conceding less will help too.

Overall though I think it was a good window. Getting money back for Lukaku was great. Wan Bissaka and Maguire really upgrade the defence. Like the possibilities James presents too. Midfield looks thin without Herrera.....hopefully Fred can bring more consistency, looked good a few times last season. Worried about Matic, he looked old and slow a lot last season.

Cunny Funt

Well that opening fixture couldn't have gone much better for United, James debut goal,clean sheet for Maguire and Wan Bissaka on their debuts and Martial scoring the 2nd goal that ended the game as contest wearing number 9 shouldn't go unnoticed.  4-0 winners against a team that will be chasing a top 4 place could turn out to be a significant result in the long run.

Tony Baloney

United's title to lose now. Ribbons are on the trophy.

trailer

Instantly better now Lukaku is away. He's not there slowing the attack down and losing possession.

magpie seanie

Positive start. I don't think Chelsea are going to be that good this year so I expected a win today but nice that the goalscorers are the exact guys that need to step up a level this season. And a clean sheet.

Milltown Row2

Chelsea's team are not as good as last year, any team less Hazard will be poorer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general

be a long season yet. Chelsea will be lucky to be top 8. Wolves, Leicester gona push them.

Good start, long way to go. Looked very vulnerable at times yesterday, particularly 1st half.

On another note, I see Lukaku chipped in with 4 goals on his debut in a 8 nil win

mouview

Quote from: general on August 12, 2019, 11:14:19 AM
be a long season yet. Chelsea will be lucky to be top 8. Wolves, Leicester gona push them.

Good start, long way to go. Looked very vulnerable at times yesterday, particularly 1st half.

On another note, I see Lukaku chipped in with 4 goals on his debut in a 8 nil win

Wonder did Woodward insert a buy-back clause?

gallsman

Playing a Serie D team lads. Actual amateur players.

trailer

Quote from: gallsman on August 12, 2019, 02:35:55 PM
Playing a Serie D team lads. Actual amateur players.

That's Lukaku's level.

Godsown

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 11, 2019, 06:38:44 PM

Can't be as league was won on Friday night v Norwich. Successful defence#YNWA

mouview

Quote from: Godsown on August 12, 2019, 10:28:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 11, 2019, 06:38:44 PM

Can't be as league was won on Friday night v Norwich. Successful defence#YNWA

Defence of what?

Farrandeelin

Competent first half. Great goal by Martial.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.