Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: mouview on August 08, 2019, 11:14:38 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 08, 2019, 09:31:28 AM
That fat mess Lukaku is gone and they've all but recouped their spend. Great to see him off loaded. Even if they don't sign anyone else the squad is stronger. He was poison. Not a Manchester United player.

Has a player so modest ever been moved around for so much in accumulated transfer fees?

Much as I liked him Robbie keane would give him a run!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Boycey

Lukaku scored goals at 1 every 2 games, nobody else in the squad has threatened to do so...

Helix.

See looks like Rojo to Everton. Hope they're as kind with the fee as they were with Schneiderlin!

johnnycool

Quote from: Helix. on August 08, 2019, 12:27:18 PM
See looks like Rojo to Everton. Hope they're as kind with the fee as they were with Schneiderlin!

Sure they've a £5M credit note with the Glazers for Lukaka.

BennyCake

Quote from: Helix. on August 08, 2019, 12:27:18 PM

LVG sure signed some crap!

general

25m for Rojo

We've robbed them

trailer

Quote from: general on August 08, 2019, 01:00:29 PM
25m for Rojo

We've robbed them

You're codding. The man can't make toast ffs. What a day.

magpie seanie

Disappointing that it looks like no replacement for Lukaku will be coming in.

nrico2006

Absolute disgrace to be honest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trailer

A good window. Lukaku, widely agreed to be the worst Utd player ever, has been off loaded. Herrera who gave his all but was extremely limited, off loaded. Valencia who has a worse record with crosses than Christ himself, off loaded.
Maguire acquired. He can only improve the defence. Jesus if I togged out I could improve that defence.
Disappointing that Rojo wasn't off loaded but asking Everton to part with real money seems to have been the sticking point for someone who cannot make toast.

Optimistic going forward. We were never going to undo 12 poor windows in one summer but a good start made.

gawa316

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 08, 2019, 03:39:11 PM

Was/is the plan not to give Rashford the central role? You bring someone else in for big money, you are pressured to start them. Not like utd don't have attacking players to fill the front 3 positions, with Lukaku now gone...Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Mata, Sanchez, Greenwood.

Boycey

Quote from: gawa316 on August 08, 2019, 07:19:49 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 08, 2019, 03:39:11 PM

Was/is the plan not to give Rashford the central role? You bring someone else in for big money, you are pressured to start them. Not like utd don't have attacking players to fill the front 3 positions, with Lukaku now gone...Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Mata, Sanchez, Greenwood.

I'd imagine Martial is more likely to get the CF berth but it will be interchangable. Looking at that list I don't see a 20 goal a season player I'll be happy to be proved wrong though.

BennyCake

Can't believe another team were as stupid as United were to spend over £70m on Lukaku.

nrico2006

Both Martial and Rashford are CFs, just been pushed wide to accommodate others. Martial could do well in there if he is played there consistently, we will wait and see.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

under the bar

Quote from: BennyCake on August 08, 2019, 09:26:21 PM
Can't believe another team were as stupid as United were to spend over £70m on Lukaku.

Big Lula has a bagful of goals in him for a slow-paced league like Serie A.   He should do well.

Quiet window and thankfully no prima donnas signed.  Would have liked to have seen one or 2 more depart in fairness.