Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2020, 11:18:05 PM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 26, 2020, 11:14:47 PM
Thats precisely what happened.
Antrim had the breeze and deployed their players better, Ardoyne had a sin bin and Antrim used the space better

Ardoyne eventually came back into it and managed to win

Antrim will rue those first 5 mins in the first half .. cut open down the middle !

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 26, 2020, 11:45:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2020, 10:41:27 PM
Eh? Where have I been impartial in my decisions during a game?

As regards to training, during season I'll not post about teams, never have since one poster brought it up years ago.

All referees are not bothered who wins or loses. They only want an easy 60 mins go home.

I seen a tweet from a ref the other week from a club referee which was a bit controversial and said referee was refereeing a club he'd gave off too! Are wee worried? No.

Please highlight where I'm being wrong? I've never ref'd Cargin where they have lost a championship match! I'd be more of a good luck charm to them  :D

Great club, properly focused with mad passionate support, my musings on here are a wind up
Exactly. Maybe you should be.

Ok, for dummies, where have I not been fair during games? I call it as I see it, I can't ref my club, and I'm well past the point of who wins!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2020, 11:57:05 PM

As regards to training, during season I'll not post about teams, never have since one poster brought it up years ago.

All referees are not bothered who wins or loses. They only want an easy 60 mins go home.

I seen a tweet from a ref the other week from a club referee which was a bit controversial and said referee was refereeing a club he'd gave off too! Are wee worried? No.

Please highlight where I'm being wrong? I've never ref'd Cargin where they have lost a championship match! I'd be more of a good luck charm to them  :D

Great club, properly focused with mad passionate support, my musings on here are a wind up

Ok, for dummies, where have I not been fair during games? I call it as I see it, I can't ref my club, and I'm well past the point of who wins!
No, for dummies ie you, ill spell it out for you ;D you said where have i been impartial. In other words, when have i ever been fair, basically saying that youve been biased. Look up the definition of impartial ;D

JimStynes

Always rob aghagallon. Call us Armagh bastards and everything  :(

Bronco

A Cargin man suggested to me that not losing a championship game where you've been the ref is much more impressive than the 3 in a row. He said they'd still be playing additional time if you were the ref last Sunday.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on September 27, 2020, 06:41:41 AM

Always rob aghagallon. Call us Armagh bastards and everything  :(

Who'd be a ref?!  ;D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Not you by the looks o things

*sniggers*

paddyjohn

Minor B for Glenravel yesterday, first one since 1964 according to their Facebook page.

bannside

Thats a good year group in Con Magees, didnt they win SW U 16 a few years ago plus the Alastair Breslin Memorial as well. A couple of really good players if I recall.

Flanker

Quote from: bannside on September 27, 2020, 08:33:00 PM
Thats a good year group in Con Magees, didnt they win SW U 16 a few years ago plus the Alastair Breslin Memorial as well. A couple of really good players if I recall.

BS last year was the strong year group
They won SW u14A, U16A Got beat AET by St Bridgids by a point I think in last years MFC. At least 4 or 5 of them have played on their intermediate championship team this year. They have a few from the previous years team as well. Combine that with a few from this year and over that 3 year period they will have a good core group for the next 5-10 years. Expect them to establish themselves as top half div2 team and push on. It is a very competitive division though

paddyjohn

Hearing a few clubs have decided that they won't play in the league and have ceased activity for the year. Will the leagues even take place?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 28, 2020, 10:41:34 PM
Hearing a few clubs have decided that they won't play in the league and have ceased activity for the year. Will the leagues even take place?

Some clubs will play but not in the current format..

paddyjohn

I see Carey Faughs have pulled the pin, I think Rasharkin and Glenravel hurlers and Footballers have done the same. I heard Creggan also.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 28, 2020, 11:00:21 PM
I see Carey Faughs have pulled the pin, I think Rasharkin and Glenravel hurlers and Footballers have done the same. I heard Creggan also.

Ref'd a game at the weekend, weather was great and great turnout for both teams, I don't see any reason other than possible outbreaks that a team shouldn't just go with it and play, reduce training play the games, no harm.

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 28, 2020, 11:09:52 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 28, 2020, 11:00:21 PM

Ref'd a game at the weekend, weather was great and great turnout for both teams, I don't see any reason other than possible outbreaks that a team shouldn't just go with it and play, reduce training play the games, no harm.

My feeling on it too, lads had nothing at all there for months, now they've a chance to ply a bit of football and hurling with no pressure and just enjoy it, really can't see any down side, as you say if there's Covid issues then by all means call a game off but I'm sure all clubs will be able to get enough fellas out to fulfil games, plenty a lads I'm sure who didn't see much game time in championship who'd love games