Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackandAmber

Quote from: maxpower on August 12, 2012, 09:02:18 AM
With Ballygalget losing and ballycran winning does that mean Ballygalget are now relegated.

No. Ballygalget's got 2 games left. Against Portaferry first and there safe so losing to Ballycran didnt matter and losing to Ballygalget wont matter. There last game is against Ballycastle.

Ballycastle has 3 games. The first ones are the dall and then Dunloy and they wont win them so the last game against Ballygalget will be the relegation decider.

St Johns could get pulled into it. They have 2 games against Ballycran and Dunloy so the Ballycran game could be important there.

btdtgtt

Looks like the mathematics are there but ballygalget won't be - johnneycool did predict Galget would go down I think.

Any gamblers care to suggest the outcome of the cork Galway game?

BlackandAmber

The Towns a shambles. Injuries and susspensions ruined the last 2 months. Big Ronan Donnelly havin to come back and fair play to him too but not where the Town wanted to be.

Galway to take Cork by 3/4 points or Cork to take Galway by 3/4 points   ;D

winker3716

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 11, 2012, 11:42:13 PM
Quote from: winker3716 on August 11, 2012, 07:16:07 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 11, 2012, 06:03:43 PM
Way to kill a thread Winker.  ;D
How come Seamroga?  That's a bit random don't you think?  :o
only having a laugh. There was no post in 4 days after yours.
I did not realise my post had made such an impact.  Regardless, a radical and major shake up in Antrim and Ulster is required if we are all serious about the survival of hurling.  I am conscious however, as to how we may proceed about bringing about radical change.  It is all fine and dandy to criticise, but unless we are all prepared to do something about it!  Therein lies the problem.  A clearing of the decks in Antrim is a pre-requisite in my opinion, starting at HQ.  Our clubs are the key to this step at next county convention.  I have a terrible gut feeling though, the 'status quo will remain', more's the pity.  :P
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

winker3716

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2012, 01:34:28 AM
Take yer balaclava off and get your club to push you towards the elite county executive. Wrangling your way into the Knights of St. Columbanus will help. You will then be issued with a new balaclava and therefore be free to do whatever the fcuk you like.

It's great.
Extremely cynical Hard Station.  However, did your club like others not vote them in?  Maybe a few KSC's in Rossa also?

Seriously though,  how do we proceed to shake the county up regarding hurling.  Are you content with our (hurling) lot? As I alluded to previously "if we believe we can't, we won't, if we believe we can, we will".  My lifes motto  ;).
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

glens73

Does anyone know when the next round of the SHC is on?

Two Hands FFS

Weekend of 1st/2nd Sept.

glens73

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 12, 2012, 05:43:56 PM
Weekend of 1st/2nd Sept.

Thanks. I was hoping maybe the weekend before as I'm home then, not to be!

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 12, 2012, 12:36:21 PM
Looks like the mathematics are there but ballygalget won't be - johnneycool did predict Galget would go down I think.

Any gamblers care to suggest the outcome of the cork Galway game?

Pretty tame performance from us on saturday evening for what would have been a win at all costs game, defence held on rightly but nothing of substance up front to worry Dunloy defence much.

We might get a win against Portaferry, but if Ballycastle turn up at all we can't compete physically with them and then we're gone.

A year or two in Div2 will be required to blood youngsters as I don't think we'll come straight back up as our size will be our downfall, whereas Glenariffe have a bit of physicality to suppliment their hurling which is always required in Div2 from my one experience of it.

winker3716

Bloody Hell Seamroga, I thinks ur rite!

Very quiet here, looks like my suggestion has terrified a few of the stalwarts?  I note no suggestions/offers all the same!

theskull1

Quote from: winker3716 on August 12, 2012, 01:43:48 PM
I did not realise my post had made such an impact.  Regardless, a radical and major shake up in Antrim and Ulster is required if we are all serious about the survival of hurling.  I am conscious however, as to how we may proceed about bringing about radical change.  It is all fine and dandy to criticise, but unless we are all prepared to do something about it!  Therein lies the problem.  A clearing of the decks in Antrim is a pre-requisite in my opinion, starting at HQ.  Our clubs are the key to this step at next county convention.  I have a terrible gut feeling though, the 'status quo will remain', more's the pity.  :P

winker ...do you think there exists a massive group of "passionate hurling men" in Antrim sitting at home doing nothing just waiting for someone to the call them to arms? It would appear you do. I don't. The passionate hurling men are doing what they can and the lazy parents, ex players, sky subscribers etc. are taking the GAA for granted. I assume that not much more can be done until more people start playing a part in bringing about sizeable positive change. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: winker3716 on August 07, 2012, 04:16:59 PM
I really do think we are reaching a stage in Antrim/Ulster, where hurling is actually dying!  It's time if you ask me for action, maybe a hurling task force made up of all those interested parties within our own county firstly.

Some radical, innovative and positive thinking required by hurling folk to shake the county and Ulster Council Up. Hurling will die, other than in the traditional hurling parishes in Antrim, i.e Dunloy, Ballycastle, Glenarriff, Cushendall, Loughgiel, Carey, Armoy.  It's time to shake up the county executive, establish a Hurling Development Board/Sub Committee and encourage those serious about hurling in Belfast to sign up also.

What are you currently doing at your club? Serious question
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

Quote from: johnneycool on August 13, 2012, 12:19:02 PM

We might get a win against Portaferry, but if Ballycastle turn up at all we can't compete physically with them and then we're gone.

johnney
Portaferry's better than Ballycastle. If they dont just give it up to youse and youse beat them youse will beat the Town. Thought at start of year with new managment and boys comin back like Clark and so on the Town would go well and give Dunloy a rattle in the championship and maybe even beat them but now lookin at Div 2 next year is a bit of a bummer.

johnneycool

Quote from: BlackandAmber on August 14, 2012, 12:26:38 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 13, 2012, 12:19:02 PM

johnney
Portaferry's better than Ballycastle. If they dont just give it up to youse and youse beat them youse will beat the Town. Thought at start of year with new managment and boys comin back like Clark and so on the Town would go well and give Dunloy a rattle in the championship and maybe even beat them but now lookin at Div 2 next year is a bit of a bummer.

Can't read anything into local derbies though BlackandAmber, its all too common for the home team to take the spoils for some reason, Ballycran beat portaferry on saturday evening whereas 6 weeks ago Portaferry tanked them in Portaferry.

Portaferry beat us by 3 points and we never struck leather in the first half. In the second half we totally dominated them and had enough opportunities to win it. In saying that confidence in our camp has dwindled, but a home game against the neighbours is always a good time to raise the game.
Rumour has it that the prodical son has had enough of the sun on his back in Oz and is due home next week, lord knows what shape he's in, but hurling comes naturally to the big bollix, fitness doesn't though. He'll give us a fighting chance in the championship as Portaferry are shít scared of him and panic when he gets on the ball.

CitySlicker11

Always admired Ballygalget in the Ards, after their performance v Newtown a few years ago when they were incredibly unlucky not to make an All Ireland final. What struck me most about their time was the complete lack of height but the fact that all of them could hurl, with an excellent goalkeeper and free taker up front. Will be sad, as it sad to see all great teams/clubs drop down to Div 2.

The only consolation is that it will be for a Antrim team.